Tua hires personal QB coach | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua hires personal QB coach

I swear if he checked down more and took the 3-7 yards defenses were giving him we’d have won 1-2 more games last season.

I’m not suggesting that you are wrong, just wondering from what you’re basing this opinion? Which games and which situations do you believe apply?

Last edited:
Does the article says who?

I ask because I’m not sure how much Tua can benefit from better “mechanics” compared to the ability to play more off script.

We all know if he gets the protection he can throw it.

But against top teir teams like Bills, KC, Baltimore their game plan is to move him off the spot and force him to improvise.

They’ve been successfully there.

Another HUGE area for him is to understand not every play has to be a big play.

I swear if he checked down more and took the 3-7 yards defenses were giving him we’d have won 1-2 more games last season.
Even one better…I swear, if they just implemented a half-dozen half-rollouts to create some extra space and time, it would open up so many more possibilities to either a tight end at a mid-range distance or back coming out of the backfield… then, those 3 to 7 yard routes could turn into 11 to 15 yard routes. then, also, defenses would have to game plan against that possibility. I know Tua is nimble enough to make that happen and he’s very accurate even on the run.

Shows Tua always tries to get better each year. Thoughts on if this is a good thing or a bad thing? I see mostly good as maybe he got too comfortable in his own ways. Great way to change it up i guess...

This is great news. I’m sure a lot of guys have seen on YouTube breakdown videos that Tua has a tendency to turn his front foot out so he is throwing the ball off balance a lot. In college he was much better at throwing over his front foot. If you look at Brady he almost always throws the ball over his front foot. That is where the ball is going. Tua throws with his hips open on a majority of his passes now. I think his power and accuracy will greatly improve with a QB coach. Which is a crazy thing to say. But I believe it will.

I think flo is some what right but afc is no joke also. K.c, bills bengals and Ravens
They are not going be easy to beat. Plus there qb are still young also. Offense and defense must get better for dolphins.
The reason why I saying this is because ot was reported Flores wasn’t happy about Tua’s work ethic, it seems Tua was golfing a lot. Good that hes got a QB coach but the question is why now after 4 years.

The reason why I saying this is because ot was reported Flores wasn’t happy about Tua’s work ethic, it seems Tua was golfing a lot. Good that hes got a QB coach but the question is why now after 4 years.
I heard Tua was trying to get an offer from LIV Golf, but once he found out that they signed Anthony Kim instead, he gave up on the golf dream and finally decided to hire a QB coach.

Yeah...... That's on what he should focus........SMH......
I think focusing on throwing with his left and right feet would be more beneficial. It is called football after all.

Golfing a lot?

You mean like on his free time?

I’m not suggesting that you are wrong, just wondering from what are you’re basing this opinion? Which games and which situations do you believe apply?

In the Baltimore game, in the 49ers game, in the Chargers game to name a few.

Those LBS were dropping 10 yards into those zones expecting those crossers we like to throw to Hill/Waddle.

Guess what? Tua force a lot of those throws. A few resulting in INTs and batted balls etc.

The check downs were available.

In the KC game the check downs were available.

It’s not the first time.

McDork is the only QB coach that TurnDaBallOva will ever need...give him a tonne of weapons and design almost every play to compensate for his flaws, yet still act all surprised when he fails in the key moments in key games again

In the Baltimore game, in the 49ers game, in the Chargers game to name a few.

Those LBS were dropping 10 yards into those zones expecting those crossers we like to throw to Hill/Waddle.

Guess what? Tua force a lot of those throws. A few resulting in INTs and batted balls etc.

The check downs were available.

In the KC game the check downs were available.

It’s not the first time.

you're 100% correct on this. I couldn't list off exact plays or games... the 12 minute mark of 3rd quarter of week 8 would be absurd to try to remember. But i do remember a lot of us in chat clamoring for him to take the easy throw. The easy throws are there so damn often because teams know that McD wants to throw deep to Hill and Waddle.

You know how to make those deep throws more open and readily available, you TAKE the damn check downs. Gameplan is not let Hill or Reek over the top, but you know if you hit Smythe or Ingold 5 yards down field a few times, the LB's are going to start to potentially cheat on their drops.....then you have the easier crossing route

Because of the hope that someone will give him a silly contract . Contract years seem to have that effect on players .

Did you all know Tua is a natural right handed person? I hope this coach can teach him to throw right handed when he rolls right and left handed when he rolls left.
We’d win the Super Bowl if he could do that!!!

Back
Top Bottom