Tua hires personal QB coach | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua hires personal QB coach

This can only be good news. Hicks is a conditioning / Strength consultant, so having someone to help him with the nuances of his game mechanics and make steady adjustments will only help him continue to grow.

This may also be part of or a condition of an extension agreement with the Dolphins as the two sides finalize an agreement

The reason why I saying this is because ot was reported Flores wasn’t happy about Tua’s work ethic, it seems Tua was golfing a lot. Good that hes got a QB coach but the question is why now after 4 years.

Flo also reported that he was discriminated against by three NFL teams

You either tell the truth or you don’t

He is a “Half-truth teller” which makes him a manipulative ___________.

The fact you bring Flo up is all We need to know

Rat GIF by MOODMAN

Well, it can help.

I'm going to be really critical though. You'd have to search to find an NFL QB, even a backup, who doesn't have a personal QB coach during the off-season. Tua was certainly in the minority for not having a personal QB coach.

Another thing I would like to hear is that he has a good personal coach working with him on analyzing film and reading defenses. I would want him watching so much game film from the backfield perspective that he gains premonition levels of anticipation for what's happening on the field.

The way you dominate the NFL is by being ahead of everyone else. Either that's Tua or it's not.

However, I feel like we know the guy is up for a big contract extension. This should really come as no surprise.

Well, it can help.

I'm going to be really critical though. You'd have to search to find an NFL QB, even a backup, who doesn't have a personal QB coach during the off-season. Tua was certainly in the minority for not having a personal QB coach.

Another thing I would like to hear is that he has a good personal coach working with him on analyzing film and reading defenses. I would want him watching so much game film from the backfield perspective that he gains premonition levels of anticipation for what's happening on the field.

The way you dominate the NFL is by being ahead of everyone else. Either that's Tua or it's not.

However, I feel like we know the guy is up for a big contract extension. This should really come as no surprise.
List which QBs including backups that do currently have a personal coach.

The reason why I saying this is because ot was reported Flores wasn’t happy about Tua’s work ethic, it seems Tua was golfing a lot. Good that hes got a QB coach but the question is why now after 4 years.
Do you remember any articles about Flores questioning the work ethic ?

I know Saban had to check him for being too overweight.

And I know what he was at the end of the season.

I’m not a Tua lover by any means , but even I cringe at turning this into a Tua bashing thread. Come on guys, it’s a good thing.

Did you all know Tua is a natural right handed person? I hope this coach can teach him to throw right handed when he rolls right and left handed when he rolls left.
Yeah I believe I heard something like that
🐻

For starters, I don't think many qbs are paying for a private qb coach when they're on their rookie deals. Secondly I doubt most teams what an outside qb coach telling their rookie qb things that might differ from what they're qb coach might be stressing. If the team wanted Tua working on issues I'm sure they would prefer him working with their own qb coach instead getting coaching from someone that might be tweaking parts of of a qb's throwing motion that the team doesn't want to change.

This is great news. I’m sure a lot of guys have seen on YouTube breakdown videos that Tua has a tendency to turn his front foot out so he is throwing the ball off balance a lot. In college he was much better at throwing over his front foot. If you look at Brady he almost always throws the ball over his front foot. That is where the ball is going. Tua throws with his hips open on a majority of his passes now. I think his power and accuracy will greatly improve with a QB coach. Which is a crazy thing to say. But I believe it will.

I believe Kurt Warner mentioned this while analyzing Tua during the season.

Probably a good idea in year 5. Did anyone go to his 80s theme 26th bday party?? I think he played guitar again!

In the Baltimore game, in the 49ers game, in the Chargers game to name a few.

Those LBS were dropping 10 yards into those zones expecting those crossers we like to throw to Hill/Waddle.

Guess what? Tua force a lot of those throws. A few resulting in INTs and batted balls etc.

The check downs were available.

In the KC game the check downs were available.

It’s not the first time.

I'm confused. The Dolphins didn't play the 49ers this past season. That was the season before.

Also, the Dolphins beat the Chargers this season. The game they lost to LAC was the season before. And in that season they beat the Ravens in that Q4 comeback.

Your examples aren't lining up. You said they'd have won 1-2 more games last season. Which games beyond Kansas City? Clearly not Baltimore since they surrendered 56.

Back
Top Bottom