Tua Will Set A Market High For QB's | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua Will Set A Market High For QB's

Since when is 11 and 6 regular season .500 ball :shrug:

More like kissing your neighbor's sister which is much better than the alternative

c67d18df-6080-42bd-aee5-0636a8c2812c_text.gif
well the neighbors sister does sound kind of fun as long as half decent looking, and can keep her mouth zipped, which I would never bet on either. BUT 11-6 was with Tua only making $9mm, and taking up a small % of the salary cap. this was the all in year, and we didn't even win the division or a playoff game. the second Tua's salary goes up, more talent goes off the roster. net/net it only gets harder going forward. so my guess is if Tua gets the big contract, you are looking at a .500 team at best when the money hits. they might have a 1-2 year window where some of that pain is shoved into the future, but even in that case, Tua cap hit still goes way up from here and more talent leaves the roster that could not win the division or a playoff game.....

well the neighbors sister does sound kind of fun as long as half decent looking, and can keep her mouth zipped, which I would never bet on either. BUT 11-6 was with Tua only making $9mm, and taking up a small % of the salary cap. this was the all in year, and we didn't even win the division or a playoff game. the second Tua's salary goes up, more talent goes off the roster. net/net it only gets harder going forward. so my guess is if Tua gets the big contract, you are looking at a .500 team at best when the money hits. they might have a 1-2 year window where some of that pain is shoved into the future, but even in that case, Tua cap hit still goes way up from here and more talent leaves the roster that could not win the division or a playoff game.....

It must be nice to have a magic ball and know exactly how the cap stuff will work out and also know who we draft and sign in the next 8 months

Crystal Ball Divination GIF by GIF IT UP

Change your username to Notrafinus :p

Since when is 11 and 6 regular season .500 ball :shrug:

More like kissing your neighbor's sister which is much better than the alternative

c67d18df-6080-42bd-aee5-0636a8c2812c_text.gif
Well, you could kiss your neighbors's hot wife, but that can come with a whole host of other possible issues.

Well, you have to admit, what's best for Tua personally may not be what's best for the team overall.

I don’t think next year if he balled out he’d get that much more than if we sign him to his lucrative deal this year, so not worried about that too much..

He would be a free agent if you allow him to play the fifth.

So the relative difference on the fifth year cap hit to the first year lucrative contract hit is not that substantial.

I might lean that way if he’s asking for the moon, draw my number in the sand based on where I think he is right now and what I’ve seen.

I believe the player needs consequences not a reward from what I’ve seen jmo..

I don’t think next year if he balled out he’d get that much more than if we sign him to his lucrative deal this year, so not worried about that too much..

He would be a free agent if you allow him to play the fifth.

So the relative difference on the fifth year cap hit to the first year lucrative contract hit is not that substantial.

I might lean that way if he’s asking for the moon, draw my number in the sand based on where I think he is right now and what I’ve seen.

I believe the player needs consequences not a reward from what I’ve seen jmo..

I agree.

It's not like if he balls out he'll break the market at 80 million a year or whatever... He'll just be up there with the rest of the top guys, which if he gets us a win or 2 in the playoffs he deserves it...

Unless your telling me his camp is looking to bounce outta here (which is more likely if McDaniel is let go - which if he is then odds are Tua didn't perform)...I'd roll the dice and see what's what next off season.

Great news for Tua fans not so sure if it’s great news for Dolphins fans
I'm a Tua fan but I've never rooted for him to get the biggest contract ever, nor do I care how much he gets. My only point thru all of this was that he's going to get paid because that's how the QB market works, so people might as well start accepting it.

I don't care about Tua's money just like I don't care about Stephen Ross's money. I'll just have to trust that Grier and co. know what they're doing with it. And even if I didn't, there's nothing I could do about it anyways lol.

It must be nice to have a magic ball and know exactly how the cap stuff will work out and also know who we draft and sign in the next 8 months

Crystal Ball Divination GIF by GIF IT UP

Change your username to Notrafinus :p
well what is one supposed to do on a chatboard? it is all about speculation. based on their track record over the last 23 years, and the fact that they are currently $50mm over the cap, if you think they will have more talent on the roster next year than this year, you are certainly allowed to think that. my view, the time to get it done was when they had tua on the rookie deal. I think they know that, which is why they pushed a lot of chips onto the table this year. sadly, choked down the stretch, including mostly the uninjured offense, and we did not win the division or a playoff game. so it is not crazy for me to have a somewhat dim view of the future, especially because grier is still the GM, and i do not see him going anywhere

Back
Top Bottom