Tuesday Press Conference | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tuesday Press Conference

Gase hasn't handled press conferences or post game sessions well all year. It's been all over the map from week to week, in both directions. He's featured too much emotional whining when that wasn't fully called for, or somehow overly content now. I mentioned after the first preseason game that his post game presser was a ridiculous woe is me...in August.

I still support Gase but I'm far more disappointed in his personality than play calling. He has not displayed leadership or stability at all. Just the opposite, especially when you compare it to how people like Mike Tomlin handle good times or adversity. Now that's a rock. In searching for a young coach I hoped we'd identify someone like that.

BTW, when some people speak their mind they speak nothing resembling the truth. Sometimes it's intentional and other times it's simply bizarre rationalization, like Gase's claim that we're 1-2 plays away. That's laughable, as <O> astutely pointed out. I now get a kick out of posters who respond to <O> as if he is incorrect. When your point differential and YPPA Differential are where the Dolphins currently stand, it's more like 2 plays per quarter, and that's scary over the course of the entire season. The sample is meaningful at this stage.

The Dolphins and Raiders were huge favorites to have down seasons in 2017, regardless of anything that happened at the quarterback position. It's actually beneficial to Tannehill and his strongest supporters that he wasn't a part of it to take some inevitable heat. All of the glaring personnel deficiencies were going to be there. Nope, we weren't going to be 7-2 or anything close to that right now, despite all the adjuster desperation. That pass defense is inept, as <O> has pointed out many times. The roster is low Crowd. Heck, you even had an apologist like Fahey conceding that Miami did it on mirrors in 2016 yet the front office was in denial. Many of us posted that theme late in 2016 or early offseason, that nothing suggested the 10-6 as legitimate and a regression was very likely.

Now Tannehill can start with a clean slate in 2018 and in a season that figures to be a logical upward bounce, especially if we win 7 games or fewer in 2017.

boy this place bailed on that head coach quick

reminds me of the tannehill treatment in early 2016

unfortunately the most needed fix won't come til 2018

Gase is this years Tannehill. The guy made a mistake by trying to better the team and it failed. We would look like the most asinine franchise in all of sports if we fired a 2nd yr coach who made the playoffs his first year, still has a winning record, and most importantly is without his starting QB. Why do the Pack and Texans coaches get a pass yet Gase gets destroyed by his own fan base? Pack are 1-3 without Rodgers and the Texans are 0-2 with a 33-7 blowout vs the Rams (They lost to the Colts too) Should Mccarthy and O'brien be fired as well? We can't give the guy a pass for making a mistake? In hindsight it looks terrible but imagine the counter argument if he kept Moore as the starter lol Better to try to get better than not. Does he have to make a public apology? I'm sure he knows Cutler sucks but also knows there's 7 games left and that the Cutler experiment is done.

Last edited:
Gase is supposed to say "We did overestimate our talent. In fact ... we suck!" LOL it's his job to protect his players after a humiliating game like that. I'm sure the conversation is much different behind closed doors.

if you don't like the most important fix is ryan tannehill for whatever reason how bout just competent qb play

cause nothing about the position has been competent in 2017

He told it like it was two weeks ago and our fanbase had a category five meltdown. Even after our offense is showing signs of life after Gase "scapegoated" someone, a segment of the fans are still having an ongoing titty attack about it

Does anyone disagree about what Gase said? Don't we want a coach with some nuts rather than letting the players get away not studying the playbook? Our offense has improved after trading Ajayi. Our Line and Rbs look better already. I want to see if every fanbase is like ours. I guess since Gase made the decision to sign Cutler he has to take the criticism that comes with failing. If we kept only Moore, our fan base would be having the same argument just reversed. If some think we look dumb now, imagine for a minute if you seen "Breaking News Adam Gase was fired from the Miami Dolphins after going to the playoffs and being a game from the playoffs with Jay Cutler" lol Most football fans would think it's a joke.

He told it like it was two weeks ago and our fanbase had a category five meltdown. Even after our offense is showing signs of life after Gase "scapegoated" someone, a segment of the fans are still having an ongoing titty attack about it
Tell me more about this titty attack, I am intrigued.

I don't completely blame Gase for bringing in Cutler because there's no way he could of known Cutler won't set his feet in the pocket to make throws; and is also not keeping his eyes downfield but I will say if u watch his Chicago tape he was a check down QB, majority of his passes went to Matt Forte even before the shoulder injury. I can't fault Gase for trying to make an aggressive move to improve our team but this was a costly mistake and I think he lost a portion of that locker room because of it.

Tell me more about this titty attack, I am intrigued.

That would be a ToS violation in more ways than one. :)

Does anyone disagree about what Gase said?

Err, quite a few people disagreed with the coach and said he was simply throwing the players under the bus to save his own skin after that press conference. My thoughts on the matter were -- and continue to be -- that when a coach who goes out of his way to shield his players like a Mama Bear decides he's going to come out and just flat out rip on fan favorite players, it's got to be REALLY bad behind the scenes.

And lo and behold, turns out that it was really bad behind the scenes.

I don't completely blame Gase for bringing in Cutler because there's no way he could of known Cutler won't set his feet in the pocket to make throws; and is also not keeping his eyes downfield but I will say if u watch his Chicago tape he was a check down QB, majority of his passes went to Matt Forte even before the shoulder injury. I can't fault Gase for trying to make an aggressive move to improve our team but this was a costly mistake and I think he lost a portion of that locker room because of it.

Ya Cutler honestly fooled Gase and me. We have the talent at receiver to make this thing work. Even Matt Moore had 8 tds last year with the same coach and same receivers. Coach tried to salvage our season and that experiment failed. We shouldn't just fire him lol I think once Ryan is back and the team feels like a team again the players will follow. They're probably just as pissed as us if not more. They respected Ryan because he was willing to take a beating for the betterment of the team. He truly cares on top of the physical abilities he has over Cutler. Cutler not scrambling for easy first downs has to infuriate the rest of the team. I think Gase will keep his mouth shut about Cutler knowing his failed experiment will be gone in 2 months. Sucks to wait all year for a lost season. I guess that's part of being a fan...

What easy first down did Cutler fail to scramble for? I saw people saying he had an 'easy' first down scramble vs Carolina and I couldn't disagree more. He would never have made it ten yards, and he woulda got FLACCO'ED.

Ya Cutler honestly fooled Gase and me. We have the talent at receiver to make this thing work. Even Matt Moore had 8 tds last year with the same coach and same receivers. Coach tried to salvage our season and that experiment failed. We shouldn't just fire him lol I think once Ryan is back and the team feels like a team again the players will follow. They're probably just as pissed as us if not more. They respected Ryan because he was willing to take a beating for the betterment of the team. He truly cares on top of the physical abilities he has over Cutler. Cutler not scrambling for easy first downs has to infuriate the rest of the team. I think Gase will keep his mouth shut about Cutler knowing his failed experiment will be gone in 2 months. Sucks to wait all year for a lost season. I guess that's part of being a fan...

Though I don't blame him for bringing in Cutler; make no mistake about it, I think he's arrogant and overrated as a head coach and OC.

That would be a ToS violation in more ways than one. :)

Err, quite a few people disagreed with the coach and said he was simply throwing the players under the bus to save his own skin after that press conference. My thoughts on the matter were -- and continue to be -- that when a coach who goes out of his way to shield his players like a Mama Bear decides he's going to come out and just flat out rip on fan favorite players, it's got to be REALLY bad behind the scenes.

And lo and behold, turns out that it was really bad behind the scenes.

And if he let the players walk all over him we would be calling him Joe Philbin lol He has more job security than anyone on the team. Anyone who thinks he was saving his own ass to put down his players is just finding an excuse to rip Gase. He's owned up when it's his fault multiple times. Yup, it's not like any players came out and said BS, we study and are prepared. Our offense has been night and day after that press conference so I'm not sure where he went wrong by speaking the truth. Drake has already played better than Ajayi did. These guys are grown men. If they can't take some criticism from someone who is your superior then we have a bunch of children. Right now, it doesn't matter what Gase does. His fate is sealed for some fans. So many seem to think he should be gone now and even know what's going to happen in 2 years. Very impressive to know the future of a man who has NEVER even been mentioned in the same sentence as being fired (Unless you're on Finheaven)!! Next year, when our team is back on track, people will jump back on the Gase bandwagon. Play callers only look right if the players execute them. People at the game said WRs were running free. Must be Gase's fault Cutler's an idiot, has lost his physical tools, and decides to dump off a pass instead of hitting a deep pass.

What easy first down did Cutler fail to scramble for? I saw people saying he had an 'easy' first down scramble vs Carolina and I couldn't disagree more. He would never have made it ten yards, and he woulda got FLACCO'ED.

Honestly brother it was literally a 4yd run and he could have slid. 10 yds? We all know that isn't happening lol It was the first drive and we were around the 50yd line. He decided to throw over Landry's head and Landry looked shell shocked as to why he didn't just get the 4yds and move on. Those type of plays don't show up in the stat sheets but are so vital and a huge difference between Tannehill and Cutler. One cares and the other doesn't.

Though I don't blame him for bringing in Cutler; make no mistake about it, I think he's arrogant and overrated as a head coach and OC.

I totally understand and of course everyone has their right to their opinion. You could be right. I don't mind an arrogant coach. Overrated? To me, that is in the TBD category. if this **** happens next year, I am willing to admit he's overrated. Cutler just makes it so hard to blame anyone but him lol PHINS UP Brother!!

Not to bring politics into this however this is why Donald Trump won the Presidency (like him or not). It's the fact that he speaks what's on his mind he doesn't speak in coach speak like Gase. As a sports fan wouldn't you like it if the coaches finally would tell it like it REALLY is? I know that I would.
Me too, but there is that little thing about managing the team and players being more important.

Back
Top Bottom