Tuesday Press Conference | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tuesday Press Conference

I totally understand and of course everyone has their right to their opinion. You could be right. I don't mind an arrogant coach. Overrated? To me, that is in the TBD category. if this **** happens next year, I am willing to admit he's overrated. Cutler just makes it so hard to blame anyone but him lol PHINS UP Brother!!

Cutler don't play defense, Cutler didn't bring Julius Thomas, Cutler didn't neglect the Guard play during the offseason, Cutler didn't have a bad draft in 2017, Cutler didn't overpay Branch, Cutler didn't throw players under the bus after losses, Cutler didn't suggest players didn't study his playbook. I agree Cutler is the biggest problem on offense but Gase doesn't get a pass for the mistakes he's made. Talent recognition is a big weakness for Gase, which shouldn't be to surprising considering he never played football at the NFL or College Level.

I’m going to paraphrase, Reporter: Did you and the front office over estimate the talent you have on this roster? Gase: No, I feel really good about the group we have out there. We are 1-2 plays away.

If he believes this forget being fired his mental soundness needs to be checked at a hospital. This group is -87 on the season, and quit on you on Monday Night Football. Just wow.

Maybe he is right though. I bet a lot of other coaches would be winning with this group of talent. Tod Bowles has the same record with 1/10 of the talent and 2/3 the payroll. He should have manned up, and said, “I feel good about the talent, but the coaching staff has been an utter failure.”

Sometimes Gase gives the press too much credit for being knowledgeable about this team and being competent journalists. Notice they didn't ask him to expound upon what we were 1-2 games away from. Did they not care or did they just choose to use imprecise information in their write-ups? All they needed to do and should have done was ask - Away from what? Isn't who?, what?, where?, when?, how? and why?, part of journalism 101?

Gase is not implying we are 1-2 plays away from going to the Superbowl. He is implying we are 1-2 plays away from basic NFL football 101, which is fully executing the plays called. There have been positive improvements after releasing AJ along and making his public complaint about some key players not doing their homework.

To paraphrase - We are 1-2 plays away from properly executing the plays called. It seems his public complaint about some of the better players not doing their homework is bearing fruit. It allowed him to reach those players who pay more attention to social media then their playbook, thru that social media without having to use social media himself. How many of you folks don't believe this message got thru to the entire team one way or the other?

I see that many of you want different plays called to give us better chance to win and add some excitement to these games, but seem to ignore the fact that some of the players we have can't execute the simple stuff that Gase has already given them. Why in the world would he be adding more plays when they can't execute the current list of plays they are already responsible for! Considering their current performance, adding the plays you want called would make those players less successful then they already are. Is that what you really want?

I don’t blame him for bringing in Cutler, as it was a solid move in bad situation. I blame him for having his team completely unprepared over and over and over again. I blame him defending this oline, and making zero changes. I blame him for Burke not having his D ready to play the last 4 weeks, and him doing nothing about it. I blame him for his team quitting, and him telling the media effort isn’t a problem. I was there, and everyone knew that team quit in Carolina. I blame him for mismanaging Jay. I blame him for everyone of “his guys” he has brought here who has been an utter failure that aren’t named Jay Cutler(Bushrod, Julious Thomas, and Larsen.). Most of all I blame him for an offense that is so uncreative and predictable that doesn’t put our playmakers in spots to be sucsessful.

Sometimes Gase gives the press too much credit for being knowledgeable about this team and being competent journalists. Notice they didn't ask him to expound upon what we were 1-2 games away from. Did they not care or did they just choose to use imprecise information in their write-ups? All they needed to do and should have done was ask - Away from what? Isn't who?, what?, where?, when?, how? and why?, part of journalism 101?

Gase is not implying we are 1-2 plays away from going to the Superbowl. He is implying we are 1-2 plays away from basic NFL football 101, which is fully executing the plays called. There have been positive improvements after releasing AJ along and making his public complaint about some key players not doing their homework.

To paraphrase - We are 1-2 plays away from properly executing the plays called. It seems his public complaint about some of the better players not doing their homework is bearing fruit. It allowed him to reach those players who pay more attention to social media then their playbook, thru that social media without having to use social media himself. How many of you folks don't believe this message got thru to the entire team one way or the other?

I see that many of you want different plays called to give us better chance to win and add some excitement to these games, but seem to ignore the fact that some of the players we have can't execute the simple stuff that Gase has already given them. Why in the world would he be adding more plays when they can't execute the current list of plays they are already responsible for! Considering their current performance, adding the plays you want called would make those players less successful then they already are. Is that what you really want?

That isn’t an excuse! Who’s job is it to make sure the players know the offense? This isn’t year 1 with a single player on this offense. This isn’t month 1 of the season where you are working out the kinks. This is November of year 2, and his team still can’t run his offense. That is a Gase problem not a player problem. If a teacher in high school didn’t have one kid pass his class that wouldn’t be a student problem that would be a teacher problem.

People need to stop saying this offense is showing life since we traded Jay. We got two garbage tds vs Carolina when they were winning by 24+ with a quarter to go. We got a garbage td vs Oakaland. Both games our offense couldn’t move the ball when the game was close or on the line.

I don't think the team is that far away from being a play-off contending team . . . maybe 4-5 positions.
With that said, we should get a quality linebacker & QB back before FA or draft even starts. I'm happy with our draft picks so far. As bad as we look Monday the run defense "looks" a lot closer on most plays to stopping the ground game than last year. Yes there is the occasional five missed tackles, you can't fix something overnight. Regardless of how angry everyone is this team was snake bitten almost from the beginning of camp. I'm actually upset we pulled a few games out because there just meaningless. Let's see what we do this off-season before starting a witch hunt.

What's he supposed to say? How about "many of these guys are playing for a roster spot next year.' That said, thi s team would be significantly better with Tannehill and a competent OC
You want an NFL coach to come out and say that in the middle of a season........dream on.

First drive 3rd and 5 man coverage could have run for it easily but regardless the throw to Landry on the hoof forward sucks

11 pass plays in qb grade 6 minuses 5 pluses including a missed Julius Thomas for 6 and 2 plus grade plays one a swing the rb took off his shoe laces but converted and a wr screen to dvp thrown to the back shoulder which limits the upfield rac... I guess you could say benefit of the doubt plus grades

Coverage misread gets Landry killed 7 minuses 6 pluses

Ball should have been thrown between the lb level vs that zone on a rope deep safety make tackle not running him into outside boundary zone corner

Back
Top Bottom