Updated: Shaq to Suns for Marion/Banks pending physical | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Updated: Shaq to Suns for Marion/Banks pending physical

firesale on heat shaq jersey. I hope shaq passes his physical.

There's a report that Shaq has already spoke with Nash and Amare saying "I will not let you down". *roll eyes*

20 million dollars a year just to play when you want to play.

I agree, for someone thats getting paid like a top player, it sure is convenient that he plays whenever he feels like it. I now know how Lakers fans felt those last few years when he was just coasting along, complaining about his contract and getting bloated while sitting with a hurt toe. I thank him for contributing to bringing us our only title, but his time with us has passed, thankfully. Bring on '08 Free Agency baby! lol...

Brand + Maggette + D.Rose w/ Wade...sounds good to me

Grading The Deal: Marion Shipped For Shaq

This was a trade to build team chemistry in the locker room. It takes away from team chemistry on the basketball court. Shaq can't run with the Suns, no matter how convinced they think Shaq will be in wanting to beat the Lakers in the playoffs. They lose their most versatile defender, Shawn Marion, who could guard 4 positions with relative success. Marcus Banks wasn't doing much in a Suns uniform, but was he given a chance?

They are now a half-court team with full-throttle potential off the bench. Can they adjust in time to mesh in the playoffs with O'Neal? This wasn't even the worst part of the trade.

Time and time again, in the last couple of years, the Suns have failed to build a young nucleus to take over when Nash is gone. They have sold draft picks for cash, they gave away draft picks to avoid the Luxury Tax and they now trade for a player who will put them back into the L.T. What they failed to aqcuire were young players (Dorell Wright has potential as a small forward, Daequan Cook as a shooter), any sort of draft picks from the Heat.

They took on Shaq for simply trying to win it all right now without thinking about the future. Their future looks grim. Let's hope they can pull it off, just so Steve Nash can wear a ring. Otherwise, this will be looked at as one of the more lopsided trades Phoenix has made.

Grade: D-

Miami, on the other hand, made out like bandits. They get two versatile defenders to help ease the load off Wade's shoulders, at least on the defensive end. They didn't trade away any of their expiring contracts and still have their Lottery pick. They probably won't make the playoffs unless they try and deal for someone like Samual Dalembert or Marcus Camby, but this trade was for building a team around Wade. They got their championship. Now all they need to do is figure out how to get some quality big men around Wade.

One thing Marion will miss is Nash setting him up for half his point. His handles haven't been tested and will likely be now that the Heat need him to become more than just a versatile swingman who can play off the ball. Marion has to prove he's an All-Star without a two-time MVP by his side. If Marion doesn't like what he sees in Miami, which I highly doubt, he can opt-out and go to a team in need of a perimeter defender who can mesh in his surroundings and not need the ball to be effective.

Grade: B

http://suns.realgm.com/articles/112/20080206/grading_the_deal_marion_shipped_for_shaq/

Amars while sometimes i tend to disagree with you, im one of the few Die-Hard Heat fans that believes that Kobe is the best player on the planet, and has been for a while. I dont agree with his attitude sometimes (pointing fingers at his teammates and his FO people), but I am excited to see how far he may or may not take his team throughout the playoffs. Its just find it hard to believe that the same guy who traded Caron Butler for Kwame Brown STRAIGHT UP, fooled the Grizz into GIVING them Gasol for "Polka-Dot Kwame" lol...

I believe this is an INCREDIBLE deal for the Heat, I have no idea how riley continually pulls these miracles off, its like he's blackmailing every GM in the league into making these one-sided deals. I just hope he makes smart decisions over free agency and doesnt overspend for someone when he can have 2 or 3 great players for what he was paying Shaq.

I agree, for someone thats getting paid like a top player, it sure is convenient that he plays whenever he feels like it. I now know how Lakers fans felt those last few years when he was just coasting along, complaining about his contract and getting bloated while sitting with a hurt toe. I thank him for contributing to bringing us our only title, but his time with us has passed, thankfully. Bring on '08 Free Agency baby! lol...

Brand + Maggette + D.Rose w/ Wade...sounds good to me

Good luck with that. If Marion doesnt opt out you might not get either one. Not sure how you can get both even if he does, Clippers can and will offer a lot more money for Brand at least.

You guys are the most sad people ever, whenever SOMEONE gets traded, you guys turn on them so freaking fast. Two weeks ago you guys were loving shaq, and last year you were loving Wes... Grow up, jesus.

Worst trade ive seen in a long time.

You trade for a washed up center. Shaq doesn't even fit the Suns style of play.

Bad move IMO.

Marion wanted out anyway if I remember correctly. As long as they can get 20-25 productive minutes out of him in the playoffs especially against Duncan then the trade would be worth it IMO.

You guys are the most sad people ever, whenever SOMEONE gets traded, you guys turn on them so freaking fast. Two weeks ago you guys were loving shaq, and last year you were loving Wes... Grow up, jesus.

Eh. I have disliked Shaq even when he was at his best with my Lakers. The guy has always been a lazy egomaniac who seems to think the world is his for the taking.

Anybody who follows his career eventually comes to the same conclusion.

What I find funny though is that the Heat still have to play the makeup game where Shaq was inadvertantly benched with five fouls...and now Shaq is no longer on the team! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom