Updated: Shaq to Suns for Marion/Banks pending physical | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Updated: Shaq to Suns for Marion/Banks pending physical

Marion wanted out anyway if I remember correctly. As long as they can get 20-25 productive minutes out of him in the playoffs especially against Duncan then the trade would be worth it IMO.

Thats a big IF though Prep. Shaq is once again, fat, out of shape and injured. Plus he is going to a team whose style is the polar oposite of his game.

Everybody keeps throwing the Showtime Lakers comparison around and to me, it doesn't fly. Kareem was playing with that core group for years. Shaq will have about 30 games (assuming he is healthy) before the playoffs start to mesh with the new fun n gun offense and acclimate accordingly.

I just don't think he will do it. I don't think he has the proper motivation, I don't think his body will hold up and I tink the Suns have screwed their team up badly.

Thats a big IF though Prep. Shaq is once again, fat, out of shape and injured. Plus he is going to a team whose style is the polar oposite of his game.

Everybody keeps throwing the Showtime Lakers comparison around and to me, it doesn't fly. Kareem was playing with that core group for years. Shaq will have about 30 games (assuming he is healthy) before the playoffs start to mesh with the new fun n gun offense and acclimate accordingly.

I just don't think he will do it. I don't think he has the proper motivation, I don't think his body will hold up and I tink the Suns have screwed their team up badly.
Yeah, I know. That would be best case scenario. I don't know if id say they've screwed their team up, though. But that's just me

You guys are the most sad people ever, whenever SOMEONE gets traded, you guys turn on them so freaking fast. Two weeks ago you guys were loving shaq, and last year you were loving Wes... Grow up, jesus.

I admit it I was mad when shaq wanted out and bitter when he left. Mostly bitter with sour deal we got. In the end It was better for the Lakers to stay with a young Kobe who has heart, passion for the game and try 110% every game no matter how bad the Lakers are.

Im wasnt bitter when wes left because we made a good deal.

biggiesmalls3k1;1062297630[B said:
]Amars while sometimes i tend to disagree with you[/B], im one of the few Die-Hard Heat fans that believes that Kobe is the best player on the planet, and has been for a while. I dont agree with his attitude sometimes (pointing fingers at his teammates and his FO people), but I am excited to see how far he may or may not take his team throughout the playoffs. Its just find it hard to believe that the same guy who traded Caron Butler for Kwame Brown STRAIGHT UP, fooled the Grizz into GIVING them Gasol for "Polka-Dot Kwame" lol...

I believe this is an INCREDIBLE deal for the Heat, I have no idea how riley continually pulls these miracles off, its like he's blackmailing every GM in the league into making these one-sided deals. I just hope he makes smart decisions over free agency and doesnt overspend for someone when he can have 2 or 3 great players for what he was paying Shaq.

Disagree with me. Im the NBA voice of reason.:wink::hi5:

I just say what most people dont like to hear. I dont fall for the media hype.

That's pretty high self praise :lol: maybe you should become a GM.

I'm glad I dont have to watch his *** sit on the sideline or walk up the court and be winded half way anymore.

I should. Trust me I wouldnt have traded Shaq for chop liver 4 years ago.

Worst trade ive seen in a long time.

You trade for a washed up center. Shaq doesn't even fit the Suns style of play.

Bad move IMO.

Trade doesnt fit, BUT Antoni is finally admitting that his way may not be working....Shaq is not going to be on the floor but 15-20 minutes tops, per game. Come playoffs he'll be entered in to take on Duncan, Bynum, etc. He isnt going to be apart of the run and gun.He has one more chance to stick it to Kobe....

GREAT trade for the heat and possbly the Suns to but it will also mess up the gameplan for the suns

Trade doesnt fit, BUT Antoni is finally admitting that his way may not be working....Shaq is not going to be on the floor but 15-20 minutes tops, per game. Come playoffs he'll be entered in to take on Duncan, Bynum, etc. He isnt going to be apart of the run and gun.He has one more chance to stick it to Kobe....

I think he want to stick it more to Dr. Buss then Kobe.

Same here. 9 out of every 10 Heat fan wants this trade to happen.

And the tenth wears a tinfoil hat and huffs lighter fluid from a plastic bag.

I am stunned this went through. Stunned. I thought for sure that D'Antoni and Nash would have been able to talk some sense into Kerr. Unbelievable.

He is not.

He weighed 312 pounds at his physical.

he got into spectacular shape this year. He was a little out of shape after we wont he championship and then played himself into shape.

He really has been a model citizen in that regard since he got to Miami. He hasn't been fat since his Laker days.

Good luck with that. If Marion doesnt opt out you might not get either one. Not sure how you can get both even if he does, Clippers can and will offer a lot more money for Brand at least.

You have to understand the salary cap and then count the expirting contracts that are leaving.

They will have from 25 to 30 million to spend if Marion opts out along with J-Will, Ricky Davis, etc...contracts coming off the books.

30 million is more than enough to land both maggette and Brand.

If Marion opts out..I GUARANTEE that Brand will be a Miami Heat. He signed here once before.....now he is not restricted.

Now I really hate Phoenix. I've always hated Nash, but I'm not a fan of Shaq either.

One of the two players I liked is now a Heat, too.

Lakers, Spurs, Hornets, whoever.....please take it to them this year. Take it to them.

Now I really hate Phoenix. I've always hated Nash, but I'm not a fan of Shaq either.

One of the two players I liked is now a Heat, too.

Lakers, Spurs, Hornets, whoever.....please take it to them this year. Take it to them.

I got a feeling that SHAQ is gonna buck up one more time..and that will spell bad news for the Lakers.

The most amazing part is, Isaiah Thomas and Danny Ainge weren't within 1000 miles of this deal.

****, Rick Spielman wouldn't have made this trade.

Dave Wannstedt, however....

Back
Top Bottom