US Disqualyfied Because Of Oguchi Onyewu | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

US Disqualyfied Because Of Oguchi Onyewu

Section126 said:
And your mavs have been done since they found out they were playing the Heat in the finals.

Hey!!!, being in the finals is no dissappointment!!!! :fire:

I bet that if U.S. would have been in the final of the WC, you wouldn't be dissapointed!

I thought Oneywu had an ok tournament, the penalty decision was awful so i wouldn't read too much into that, i thought against the italians he was poor and frequently had to foul because he was beaten and was lucky not to be sent off IMO but i though he had a good game against Ghana and a so so game against the Czechs. The guy clearly has tools and i think could have a big future, i thnk he needs a move to europe to further his career though

postermaster said:
Hey!!!, being in the finals is no dissappointment!!!! :fire:

I bet that if U.S. would have been in the final of the WC, you wouldn't be dissapointed!

No id be shocked......

Oguchi has cost 2,5 goals in three games, I'm not sure how you can defend that. He may be a talent, but he's had a horrible WC.

@@@ said:
I thought Oneywu had an ok tournament, the penalty decision was awful so i wouldn't read too much into that, i thought against the italians he was poor and frequently had to foul because he was beaten and was lucky not to be sent off IMO but i though he had a good game against Ghana and a so so game against the Czechs. The guy clearly has tools and i think could have a big future, i thnk he needs a move to europe to further his career though

He's been playing in Europe....

touborg said:
Oguchi has cost 2,5 goals in three games, I'm not sure how you can defend that. He may be a talent, but he's had a horrible WC.

The PK shouldn't have been given...

The only goal I'll blame him for is Koller's goal...

One problem with soccer in the US IMO

Is our best atheletes dont want to play soccer...they usually play football and basketball ect...

so the guys with the most athletic skill arent playing against the guys playing the rest of the worlds main sport

Alex44 said:
One problem with soccer in the US IMO

Is our best atheletes dont want to play soccer...they usually play football and basketball ect...

so the guys with the most athletic skill arent playing against the guys playing the rest of the worlds main sport

This point has been argued 100 times, especially in the Football vs Soccer Thread. The best athletes argument is BS.

Prime Time said:
This point has been argued 100 times, especially in the Football vs Soccer Thread. The best athletes argument is BS.

So you dont think that if Randy Moss grew up wanting to play soccer with his athletic ability he wouldnt be better than some of what we have now?

All of Europe loves soccer, Not all of America loves soccer, Europe has more competition, and thus the players grow better, why do you think our best players dont stay in the US? They go to Europe to improve their game.

Alex44 said:
So you dont think that if Randy Moss grew up wanting to play soccer with his athletic ability he wouldnt be better than some of what we have now?

All of Europe loves soccer, Not all of America loves soccer, Europe has more competition, and thus the players grow better, why do you think our best players dont stay in the US? They go to Europe to improve their game.

Randy Moss??? 6'5 (whatever he is) and fast...there are plenty of guys who are like that who play Soccer. They just don't make it. It isn't all about athletic ability. It is about the ability with a Soccer ball. One of the best players right now is an 18 Year Old Argentinian...and he is not the fastest nor the strongest but he can play with the ball.

Prime Time said:
Randy Moss??? 6'5 (whatever he is) and fast...there are plenty of guys who are like that who play Soccer. They just don't make it. It isn't all about athletic ability. It is about the ability with a Soccer ball. One of the best players right now is an 18 Year Old Argentinian...and he is not the fastest nor the strongest but he can play with the ball.

And you dont think Randy Moss would have great skills with the ball if he grew up playing it?

America just doesnt love the sport like the rest of the world, and our competition within the country isnt as good, we might win a world cup, but it will be done with Heart, not by being flat out better than everyone

Back
Top Bottom