USA Today 10 Shrewdest FA Signings: #2 Amendola | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

USA Today 10 Shrewdest FA Signings: #2 Amendola

Not the first time he's attacked me openly either, an admin no less.

Is all good though because I'm going to be a fan regardless of people like him. Been a fan too long and have taken worse from haters over the years and I remain loyal to the Dolphins.

I've become much better at ignoring those that attack. Your a good poster.;)

CG20160601-Louis-CK-web-03bb96fa.jpeg

C'mon, it's Finheaven, we're all at least a little bit of an ahole...You wouldn't trust or even like a poster here if they weren't.

I just hope Grant continues to get more reps on the outside.

Literally anyone they signed would've been met with at least a certain amount of optimism. 1) because he hasn't even played yet. Remind you of the Julius Thomas hype much, hmmm? 2) the law of MSM logarithmic hype of loser teams to keep people interested and ensconced in the NFL matrix.

Last edited:
Below average receiver that played decent with Brady and the system...won’t do squat in Miami...

6 mil per for a receiver that never broke 700 yards sounds like a great deal. Guess it’s better than a 8 mil deal for a receiver that never broke 700 yards.

It does seem excessive. However, I hope it is what he may bring to the WR room that will ultimately make a difference. If I understand correctly, McDaniels and Gase share a similar offensive philosophy. In addition to our coaching, maybe Amendola will help our guys understand the nuances required to run great routes which may help everyone be more productive overall. We gave up a lot by trading Landry. Perhaps we can make up for that loss of production with better all around play from our WR's. Even though Tunsil regressed this year, I remember how much Brandon Albert helped him stay squared away a couple of years ago. Maybe Amendola can be there for some of our younger guys.

P.S. Sorry about my writing and me being all over the place. The one brain cell I have left seems a little foggy today.

Last edited:
Amendola was less a production signing than a veteran leadership signing I think. I’m betting Gase feels like Amendola is going to be the kind of player to help get the most out of Parker and Caroo. If he helps them, especially Parker, develop a work ethic and gets them to live up to their potential, then it was a steal.

Amendola was less a production signing than a veteran leadership signing I think. I’m betting Gase feels like Amendola is going to be the kind of player to help get the most out of Parker and Caroo. If he helps them, especially Parker, develop a work ethic and gets them to live up to their potential, then it was a steal.
I believe that's the hope as well more than production on the field. He apparently has a great work ethic and game preparation.

Honestly, it's all about the injury risk: the guy is good, smart and all that, it's just that I am a little bit scared about the concussions he had

What is the job of a coach than? Isn’t it the coaches job to put the players in position to max their production and the players job to produce? If we had millions to piss away it wouldn’t be that big a deal but we pissed 8 mil a year away on another WR with no history of of production. There is absolutely no way Amendola will be considered a steal. The retards in the front office simply bought into the playoff Amendola hype and paid him 3 mil per year more than he deserved.

I’d like to also go on record as saying he will only play with us for one year and be cut giving us more dead cap money next year.

Can he do what Foster did. Come in for a couple months, lite a fire under the butts of other wrs and then retire into the sunset.

The issue with aquiring older injury prone players is that they take up roster spots of younger cheaper talent the phins need to develop plus more importantly when they go down on the field they destroy the teams playing chemistry. I have watched a Parker go down for instance in games and suddenly for that game and the next one or so our Quarterbacks are ineffective intil they get back in a comfortable zone with another reciever. Of course great QB like Brady and our old Dan Marino would adjust more quickly. Thats why it would be wise for us to focus on a very strong running game this year.

I think he fits into the wide receiver room very nicely. Gase is building a team and DA is a great team guy. He's a veteran who knows how to lead both by deed and by example. He scores TDs in the red zone, he moves the chains for you and he'll help you in the return game. He's got a couple of SB Rings also, so he's been there. I just hope we get some good fortune with injuries this season. I can easily see Tannehill loving Amendola as a new target.

Back
Top Bottom