USA Today 10 Shrewdest FA Signings: #2 Amendola | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

USA Today 10 Shrewdest FA Signings: #2 Amendola

This move is the equivalent of the Fasano signing last year. Great person, not a great player (at least not anymore). I like high character guys and they should get a premium for their services, but I still think we significantly overpaid. The guy has never made $6 million a season even in his prime, and was even willing to play for the Pats on a $2M one-year contract last year. High character guys are great, but you still need to get fair deals, and Tannenbaum is just blowing through cap space like he's not going to be around next year (hopefully). We will be in the same situation next year where we will be forced to cut players due to bad a bad cap situation.

I think he was brought in more for the locker room presence than production. He will hopefully be a coach in ways to the young guys that all need to fill their roles this season for the offense to be successful. Bringing in a veteran with a good work ethic that leads by example is a smart move.

Gase needs all the help he can get. That is his flaw as I see it.
Not much of a motivator except for the "My way or the Highway" mentality.

What is the job of a coach than? Isn’t it the coaches job to put the players in position to max their production and the players job to produce? If we had millions to piss away it wouldn’t be that big a deal but we pissed 8 mil a year away on another WR with no history of of production. There is absolutely no way Amendola will be considered a steal. The retards in the front office simply bought into the playoff Amendola hype and paid him 3 mil per year more than he deserved.

I’m not sure if you’ve ever been in a locker room, or how long it’s been, but the role of coach and team leaders tend to be pretty different. Asking a coach to fill that role ends with the teams we’ve been fielding. They don’t face adversity well and don’t have that one person that’s a rock that they can lean on.

Overpaid but hopefully it pays off.

Locker room presence sounds like we have zero confidence in our Coaches.

This move is the equivalent of the Fasano signing last year. Great person, not a great player (at least not anymore). I like high character guys and they should get a premium for their services, but I still think we significantly overpaid. The guy has never made $6 million a season even in his prime, and was even willing to play for the Pats on a $2M one-year contract last year. High character guys are great, but you still need to get fair deals, and Tannenbaum is just blowing through cap space like he's not going to be around next year (hopefully). We will be in the same situation next year where we will be forced to cut players due to bad a bad cap situation.

Was probably needed to get him to defect from NE.

Was probably needed to get him to defect from NE.

Thats fine, but is it worth being in cap hell again next year to lure him away from the Pats? Its not like he was very productive on the Pats, even with Brady throwing him the ball.

Thats fine, but is it worth being in cap hell again next year to lure him away from the Pats? Its not like he was very productive on the Pats, even with Brady throwing him the ball.

I see that side of it for sure. But if that receiver room was missing a veteran leader presence, that may justify the salary. Especially if he helps Devante get his head on straight.

I’m not sure if you’ve ever been in a locker room, or how long it’s been, but the role of coach and team leaders tend to be pretty different. Asking a coach to fill that role ends with the teams we’ve been fielding. They don’t face adversity well and don’t have that one person that’s a rock that they can lean on.

I've nervier been...please tell us your experiences.

No kidding - was Proehl a total stud as in everyone knew he’d go pro at the time?

Man looking back, he always had super confidence, and he was thick and strong 190LBS high school. He pushed DB's around back then, ran past them, and I think our opponents were kind of surprised at his skill level.

Everyone knew he was a D1 player but I am not too sure that they thought he'd be a 10+ year NFL pro.

He was a stud though on and off the field….the ladies loved him.

What is Amendola's role? To be the less than average WR getting 6 mil a year to tell everyone else the don't work hard enough and if they just work harder they too can get 6 mil a year for > 700 yards a year. I don't know what kind of locker room you were in but in the locker rooms I was in in High school, the best/most productive players were our leaders. They helped but ultimately coach made sure we executed proper assignments.

What is Amendola's role? To be the less than average WR getting 6 mil a year to tell everyone else the don't work hard enough and if they just work harder they too can get 6 mil a year for > 700 yards a year. I don't know what kind of locker room you were in but in the locker rooms I was in in High school, the best/most productive players were our leaders. They helped but ultimately coach made sure we executed proper assignments.

Well, I guess you can be a downer and be mad about everything all the time. But it’s been mentioned multiple times that the Miami locker room ha slacked vocal leaders from the players and that it’s an issue and it appears he was signed to address that.

Well, I guess you can be a downer and be mad about everything all the time. But it’s been mentioned multiple times that the Miami locker room ha slacked vocal leaders from the players and that it’s an issue and it appears he was signed to address that.
I'm just sick of our front office thinking they can throw money at players to fix the team. Over paying players is the way the locker room got screwed up imho.
Parker sees that Amendola makes twice what he does but has about the same production. How does that make any sense? While Amendola may have a great attitude how do you insure that other players don't resent the team for his retarded contract. How do you insure that players like Suh don't move in and say they need 5 lockers and treat everyone around him as something lesser, thus creating resentment all around?

Back
Top Bottom