V. Young To Miami Rumor! | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

V. Young To Miami Rumor!

he may be scared to run because he'll get hurt. i doubt he's thinking "oh no i shouldn't run, someone will say i'm not that good!" he's had several injuries (some big, some small) becuase he runs the ball too much. i'm sure that's the main reason. plus it IS a west coast offense, so it shouldn't be too surprising.

dorsaroll156 said:
people hate young because they believe he is like mick vick.if you do you are totally wrong.the difference between them is mike thinks run first then pass but mostly runs.Vince looks to pass first then run.Vince young has one of the strongest arms in college football this year.i dont see why any of you hate him other than the cutler lovers.

Why does everything resort to that?? What makes you think that? One has nothing to do with the other. The fact that I personally don't want Young has absolutely nothing to do with Cutler.

Alex22 said:
I dont like the comparisons very much

Yeah they are both very good runners but overall they are very different

Its like comparing Jerome Bettis and Marshall Faulk, two of the games best runners that could carry the load, but two different styles of play

Or an even better one

Marino to Favre

Two all time great QB's but totally different styles

Both those examples are completely different IMO.

Faulk is a multi purpose back, Bettis is a bruiser. Nothing in common other than they are RBs.

Favre and Marino are both mainly pocket passers but Favre runs better when he NEEDS too.

SpeedRush99 said:
Both those examples are completely different IMO.

Faulk is a multi purpose back, Bettis is a bruiser. Nothing in common other than they are RBs.

Favre and Marino are both mainly pocket passers but Favre runs better when he NEEDS too.

The Favre to Marino one was perfect I think, both pocket passers but they play the game totally different

Vick and Young both gifted runners but they play the game totally different as well

The bettis faulk one was bad I admit

Alex22 said:
The Favre to Marino one was perfect I think, both pocket passers but they play the game totally different

Vick and Young both gifted runners but they play the game totally different as well

In the sense that there's not much difference between the two yeah. Until Young proves he can be a successful passer in the NFL its all moot anyway.

SpeedRush99 said:
In the sense that there's not much difference between the two yeah. Until Young proves he can be a successful passer in the NFL its all moot anyway.

Same for all of them including leinart and cutler

In Favre and Marino the difference is mind set, Farve uses his skill and thinks 'I can hit that guy between 5 defenders' while marino thinks 'that guy has 5 defenders on him someone else must be open' both make their style work to its maximum and have/had great ability, but play the game different

Alex22 said:

In Favre and Marino the difference is mind set, Farve uses his skill and thinks 'I can hit that guy between 5 defenders' while marino thinks 'that guy has 5 defenders on him someone else must be open' both make their style work to its maximum and have/had great ability, but play the game different

As I've said a million times. There you guys go again bringing Cutler and Leinart into the mix, must be a Young Fan thing.

Yeah Favre is more of a gunslinger where Marino could just plain pick apart defenses, I still don't see how that relates to Young and Vick.

Juan Cribbs said:
i watched the pro bowl. the reason he threw there was not because he was trying to "satisfy" someone by proving he can throw, the reason he threw that is because he SUCKS. he's not a good quarterback. he's always made bad decisions passing the ball and forcing things into double coverage. it was pretty evident in the pro bowl (not like it matters, it's the freaking pro bowl).

did you watch him torch the miami defense? but mainly, did you notice after teh game in the press conference he said I am sick and tired of people saying i can't pass so now i passed and proved you all wrong so i dont ever watn to hear anything about me and passing. leave me alone. i think thats a sign of fustration and tyring to satisfy people. and since he has gone pass 1st rush 2nd they haven't playe dso well. why tell a player to change his STYLE of play when all it does is win. why take away how he has played and been successful with for so many years. I for one woudl take young over vick any day of the week and thats b/c young is more of a passer and i wuodl take him any day to play for miami. Why draft someone and tell them to change his style, if u think it wont fit ur style dont draft him period. its like telling cutler, hey, you have a great arm and accuracy but lets run it wiht you a lot more. you're taking away waht he has with his arm. its an example. why take away whatever that is wroking? hey magic, we konw your tall and big but can handle the ball better then any other pg but since ur tall, why dont you play PF forget abotu the PG position or should i say dont bring the ball down just go post up.

Alex22 said:

exactly. did anyone tell favre to change the way he plays the game? NO! why? b/c it won him SUPER BOWLS!

SpeedRush99 said:
As I've said a million times. There you guys go again bringing Cutler and Leinart into the mix, must be a Young Fan thing.

Yeah Favre is more of a gunslinger where Marino could just plain pick apart defenses, I still don't see how that relates to Young and Vick.

No I was just saying every QB needs to prove they can play at the NFL level, has nothing to do with liking Young

It relates because Young and Vick have a totally different mentality

Vick Drops back and thinks 'First read not there take off and run'

Young thinks 'First read, second read, third read, open field ahead run'

Alex22 said:
No I was just saying every QB needs to prove they can play at the NFL level, has nothing to do with liking Young

Like I said, all that remains to be seen until he proves it in the NFL.

Alex22 said:

exactly the point i made earlier in this thread.you toke it right outta my mouth:D

SR 7 said:
exactly. did anyone tell favre to change the way he plays the game? NO! why? b/c it won him SUPER BOWLS!

Big difference

In college, Michael Vick passed almost exactly how he does in the NFL. Not very many attempts, low completion, average TD/INT ratio. In two years, he threw for 3074 yards, 20 TDs, and 11 INTs with a 56.5% completion percentage (177-313). He rushed 212 times for 1202 yards and 16 TDs.

Vince Young throws the ball more often and more accurately. His worst completion percentage was 58.7%. His best, last year, was 65.2%. He's thrown 44 TDs to 28 INTs, showing improvement every year in passing (better TD/INT ratio and higher completion). He ran the ball just as much if not more than Vick, but I don't really know that you can compare their passing. I've never seen Young take off as quickly as Vick frequently does. I think he throws the ball pretty well. Yes, he can run, but I don't believe it's his primary plan of attack.

flintsilver7 said:
In college, Michael Vick passed almost exactly how he does in the NFL. Not very many attempts, low completion, average TD/INT ratio. In two years, he threw for 3074 yards, 20 TDs, and 11 INTs with a 56.5% completion percentage (177-313). He rushed 212 times for 1202 yards and 16 TDs.

Vince Young throws the ball more often and more accurately. His worst completion percentage was 58.7%. His best, last year, was 65.2%. He's thrown 44 TDs to 28 INTs, showing improvement every year in passing (better TD/INT ratio and higher completion). He ran the ball just as much if not more than Vick, but I don't really know that you can compare their passing. I've never seen Young take off as quickly as Vick frequently does. I think he throws the ball pretty well. Yes, he can run, but I don't believe it's his primary plan of attack.

Young ran 157 times this year I believe

Vick ran far more

Back
Top Bottom