V. Young To Miami Rumor! | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

V. Young To Miami Rumor!

Alex22 said:
Young ran 157 times this year I believe

Vick ran far more

Vick ran 102 times this year. Young ran 155. All in all, Young has run more than Vick. He's also thrown the ball much more. There's a trend in his play - as a freshman he ran alot - more, I think, than he threw the ball. As a sophomore, he improved his passing and ran a little bit less. Still pretty often. As a junior (last season) he passed more than twice as often as he ran and his passing numbers improved dramatically. He can still run effectively.

flintsilver7 said:
Vick ran 102 times this year. Young ran 155. All in all, Young has run more than Vick. He's also thrown the ball much more. There's a trend in his play - as a freshman he ran alot - more, I think, than he threw the ball. As a sophomore, he improved his passing and ran a little bit less. Still pretty often. As a junior (last season) he passed more than twice as often as he ran and his passing numbers improved dramatically. He can still run effectively.

and the main differense is his size and strenght that ALLOWS him to sit in the pocket longer. he is 6 5 monster whereas vick is 5'11"? then when he feels the rush he runs for his life b/c he is small but wiht Young he always and i mean always has ppl hanging from his ankles and body and STILL throws the ball in the pocket. watch his highlight video that someone posted, it is amazing. the man STAYS IN THE POCKET AND THROWS! he doesnt' run till all else fails. He even did that in the USC game. Vick has never in his life done that. Also, vicks rush attempts were affected by that one game in the beg of the year, I believe it was teh first game wehre he rushed 28 times for 132 yards and that was probably before the coachs felt comfortable with him throwing it yet until they saw his improvement and dropped off those RUshing plays. it wan'st on his own will but rather play calling.

flintsilver7 said:

Exactly

Vince Young has said he wants to be a great QuarterBack not a great athlete and thats key, he is as or more determined than any other player I have ever seen

My favorite move of his is when a DE was running right at him, instead of taking off and running he lifted his right arm up and let the guy run straight by him, then reloaded and threw it complete for about 25 yards

Young is more like Mcnair than Vick in the way he plays and uses his running ability, except with more speed and moves than Mcnair

by the way I meant Michael Vick ran more than Young in his college career not this year lol

I dont ever wanna see Marcus Vick compared to young thats a disgrace in so many ways

Alex22 said:
Vince Young has said he wants to be a great QuarterBack not a great athlete and thats key, he is as or more determined than any other player I have ever seen
vick has said that as well. doesn't mean anything.

Remember this, Mularky (sp) made Kordell Stewart look like an all-pro in Pittsburgh. And Vince Young has more ability and leadership than Stewart. It's a risk, but Young is the most exciting player in the entire draft and sure seems like a winner.

SF Dolphin Fan said:
Remember this, Mularky (sp) made Kordell Stewart look like an all-pro in Pittsburgh. And Vince Young has more ability and leadership than Stewart. It's a risk, but Young is the most exciting player in the entire draft and sure seems like a winner.

Did you see that last drive against USC with their massive winning streak for the national title?? It doesn't get anymore "big time, big player" than Vince Young.

Geforce said:
Nick Saban has always liked a QB with mobility but I don't think this is likely. He would have to give up too much to acquire V. Young.

according to some, V Young is going to drop. VY is not an NFL QB. I couldnt agree more!......

I cant wait to draft him!:lol:

SF Dolphin Fan said:

6-5 235 lbs. will make you foget all about Culpepper.

Alex22 said:
Exactly

My favorite move of his is when a DE was running right at him, instead of taking off and running he lifted his right arm up and let the guy run straight by him, then reloaded and threw it complete for about 25 yards

Young is more like Mcnair than Vick in the way he plays and uses his running ability, except with more speed and moves than Mcnair

by the way I meant Michael Vick ran more than Young in his college career not this year lol

I dont ever wanna see Marcus Vick compared to young thats a disgrace in so many ways

I think Young is in a class by himself because of his leadership and cool under pressure in big games. He is just a football player in the biggest moments. That is something that gets forgotten but scouts who blink often regret.

6-5 235 and sees the whole field.

finfan54 said:
I think Young is in a class by himself because of his leadership and cool under pressure in big games. He is just a football player in the biggest moments. That is something that gets forgotten but scouts who blink often regret.

6-5 235 and sees the whole field.
are you talking about leinart?

Juan Cribbs said:
are you talking about leinart?

i dont think so b/c if you WATCHED teh game, no one was as cool and as calm as V young. he was playing the last drive adn walking/moving as if someone told him to try and score within 10 minutes or as if it was a streetball game. the man didnt' even care to panic or over think/not think quick enough. he did it as if it was a 10 minute game with nothing to lose. tahts what you need.

SR 7 said:
i dont think so b/c if you WATCHED teh game, no one was as cool and as calm as V young. he was playing the last drive adn walking/moving as if someone told him to try and score within 10 minutes or as if it was a streetball game. the man didnt' even care to panic or over think/not think quick enough. he did it as if it was a 10 minute game with nothing to lose. tahts what you need.
still sounds like leinart to me.

Juan Cribbs said:
still sounds like leinart to me.

Oh please leinart crumbled with the game on the line

His stats were so decieving because he threw at least 10 WR screen passes that were complete and that bumped his numbers

But he made some huge mistakes, and even his TD pass was very poorly thrown, not to mention he threw the ball out of bounds as the clock hit 0, I mean come on at least throw it up and hope someone makes a play on it

Alex22 said:
Oh please leinart crumbled with the game on the line

His stats were so decieving because he threw at least 10 WR screen passes that were complete and that bumped his numbers

But he made some huge mistakes, and even his TD pass was very poorly thrown, not to mention he threw the ball out of bounds as the clock hit 0, I mean come on at least throw it up and hope someone makes a play on it
:lol: crumbled with the game on the line? because there were 8 seconds left and he threw to the sidelines?

and who mentioned his stats? i watched the game. he threw several passes on 3rd down over the middle of the field in the 2nd half. he didn't crumble. his defense did. he's had plenty of great games over the years. aren't you the one who said don't judge a player on one game? he's done a lot more than vince young has ever done.

Back
Top Bottom