V. Young To Miami Rumor! | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

V. Young To Miami Rumor!

Alex22 said:
Oh please leinart crumbled with the game on the line

His stats were so decieving because he threw at least 10 WR screen passes that were complete and that bumped his numbers

But he made some huge mistakes, and even his TD pass was very poorly thrown, not to mention he threw the ball out of bounds as the clock hit 0, I mean come on at least throw it up and hope someone makes a play on it

just took my words out of my mouth. the last play of the game he threw it out of bounce! or if it wasn't out, i believe it was near the inch of the sideline! the hellw as he thinking?! i like leinart but the man hasn't played an NFL type D adn hwen he did, he didn't perform well. if you watched his games, as i did due to being in LA and a USC fan of late just to keep an eye on a few talents taht might head to miami really, you'll see that leinart had ntohing but screen passes. I believe AT LEAST 5 a game! if not more.

SR 7 said:
just took my words out of my mouth. the last play of the game he threw it out of bounce! or if it wasn't out, i believe it was near the inch of the sideline! the hellw as he thinking?! i like leinart but the man hasn't played an NFL type D adn hwen he did, he didn't perform well. if you watched his games, as i did due to being in LA and a USC fan of late just to keep an eye on a few talents taht might head to miami really, you'll see that leinart had ntohing but screen passes. I believe AT LEAST 5 a game! if not more.
incredible. let's review some things here:

-texas had the #4 ranked defense in the country. he played great against them. lots of NFL players on that defense.
-nothing but screen passes? completely absurd. they threw a lot of screens, yes, but why wouldn't you? it's a pro-style offense and you have great talent like dwayne jarrett and steve smith, so of course you utilize the screen pass. how many screens does tom brady and ben roethlisberger throw? yeah, a lot. 5 a game sounds about right.

Juan Cribbs said:
incredible. let's review some things here:

-texas had the #4 ranked defense in the country. he played great against them. lots of NFL players on that defense.
-nothing but screen passes? completely absurd. they threw a lot of screens, yes, but why wouldn't you? it's a pro-style offense and you have great talent like dwayne jarrett and steve smith, so of course you utilize the screen pass. how many screens does tom brady and ben roethlisberger throw? yeah, a lot. 5 a game sounds about right.

Leinart threw so many screens towards the end of the game its not even funny, not to mention he was floating the ball all over the place he made one throw that actually impressed me and the rest looked like Chad Pennington threw them, they just hung in the air for seemingly days on end, those screen passes bumped his stats up so much it wasnt even funny, and no he didnt play that well, did you even watch?

SR 7 said:

Coming from a Vince Young fan I find that completely hilarious!

Alex22 said:
Leinart threw so many screens towards the end of the game its not even funny, not to mention he was floating the ball all over the place he made one throw that actually impressed me and the rest looked like Chad Pennington threw them, they just hung in the air for seemingly days on end, those screen passes bumped his stats up so much it wasnt even funny, and no he didnt play that well, did you even watch?
did you watch any other USC games? apparently not. follow your own advice and judge a player on more than one game.

What a bunch of crap. If anyone's stats were deceiving, it was Young's. HE was the one that threw easy passes to WIDE open underneath receivers. Which is why despite completing 30 passes, he managed ONLY 267 yards. That's only 8.9 yds per COMPLETION. And he made other mistakes that USC didn't capitalize on.

Leinart attempted and completed more NFL type throws than Young did... easily. He completed 29 passes for 365 yds, that's 12.6 yds per completion. And Leinart had to do it against a MUCH better secondary.

SpeedRush99 said:
Coming from a Vince Young fan I find that completely hilarious!

I'm not a VY fan. to be honest, i like him and leinart just teh same. I'd be happy with either one but a lil more with Leinart as i like his pocket passing ablilities. tahts the thing, im not talking bout VY cuz i like the guy or a fan. i like leinart more then VY i just dont like it when ppl dont like the scrambling QB's and just talk smack.

SpeedRush99 said:
Ding ding we have a winner!

that is extremely true. USC D this year was 29th as oppose to 3rd last year but the thing is, look at the WR's of both teams. it was said that TEX weakest link was the WR's but they overachieved this year and performed very well but USC WR were 1st round material. TEX WR's aren't and they are freshmans i believe as well with amybe 1 sophmore, not too sure to be honest on that part but that is another thing to consider. Give tex WR and he could have done probably teh same if not better. Who konws relaly. no one here but the man upstairs so we can't really conversate on that topic much.

More Leinart bashing from our resident Vince Young man lover Alex22...

A reminder...Vince Young did not achieve 1/3 of what Matt Leinart did as a college quarterback.

When Young busts I look forward to you dining on crow....or will you just ignore it (like you do 99% of the other times you are wrong) and hop another bandwagon?

unifiedtheory said:
More Leinart bashing from our resident Vince Young man lover Alex22...

A reminder...Vince Young did not achieve 1/3 of what Matt Leinart did as a college quarterback.

When Young busts I look forward to you dining on crow....or will you just ignore it (like you do 99% of the other times you are wrong) and hop another bandwagon?

Well I wont be wrong, but if I am I will be willing to accept it

SR 7 said:
loll this is funny. So many people already have their minds set taht VY is run first and it WON'T change. It's ok Alex, no need to try to convince them other wise, jsut a waste of time. I myself like Leinart and Cutler but i dont go bashing on Young b/c he is just as good as the other 2 and until we SEE them play in the NFL....NATIONAL FOOTBALL ASSOCIATION i will not judge them differently. Matt had the best team in the nation that could have made him good, Cutler took a horrible team into his hands, and VY ahd a great defensive team that helped him win alogn with his feet. They are ALL VERY DIFFERENT from one another. It's like comparing Marino to Young. Marino nevr ran, pocket passer (Leinart) Young ran when needed to on occasion along wtih favre. Which is the better qb? doesn't matter they arre all great QB's. So just drop it. Its annoying how ppl judge on a player b/c he is SO MUCH MORE talented then another QB and isn't the typical 1970's pocket qb. ppl dont like to adjust to the new type of game.

You can wish for the "new type of game" all you want...

I want a pocket passer with a good to great arm who makes plays with his ARM....just like every Q.B. who has ever won anything.

to much over analyzing, just watch the man play football, and then tell me you wouldnt be happy with him at # 16

Back
Top Bottom