Wade and Bosh coming to Miami | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wade and Bosh coming to Miami

Ferretsquig

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5360134

Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh are teaming up together on the Miami Heat, according to a person with knowledge of the situation.

Whether LeBron James, the kingpin of this summer's celebrated free agent class, will join them remains to be seen. James will announce his decision Thursday night at 9 ET during a one-hour special on ESPN.

Wade and Bosh are expected to announce their decision on Wednesday, according to the source.
Always approach these things with a healthy amount of skepticism, but this one just makes too much sense to discount. I'm sure they've been recruiting Lebron, but him doing a separate media bonanza probably means hes going solo, either back to Cleveland or to NY or Chicago. The Heat will have a decent chunk of change left over so the rest of the free agents should fall into place rather quickly. Felton, Haywood, Boozer and Lee probably top the Heat wish list.

Think Miami needs more than Wade and Bosh to seriously compete for a title, but it'd be a serious step in the right direction.

I predict James goes to Chicago. I think his ego wants to take on Jordan's legend. Either way this is great for the Heat. Two of the top three players and I expect they will add a couple more. Miami will be a force for years to come.

We got Chris Bosh OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!

Felton and Haywood would be great fits in Miami. Just say no to Boozer or Lee. While both are very good players, you just can't win anything significant with a frontcourt of Bosh and Lee/Boozer. 0 defense = 0 chance at a championship. Felton is a solid PG, and Haywood is the type of big you need you need to win a championship. He can defend and crash the boards, with Bosh being the go to scorer in the post. Also Mike Miller is out there, he'd be a good pickup as well. Could start if you don't get Felton, with Wade playing PG.

They will be fun to watch...

I think Lebron is staying in Cleavland...

I wonder if they keep Beasley or not?

Everyone is in play now. Assuming they can't get Toronto to take matching salaries back, they'll have around 10 mil in cap room. I'm guessing they'll initially use it to keep the bird rights of Haslem and Wright, either to re-sign them or more likely to try and get someone else via sign and trade. If Beasley returns, he'd really only fit as the scorer coming off the bench and I'm not sure hes willing to accept that role.

I believe the Heat still want to work out a sign and trade with Toronto, which should be far easier if Bosh has made it clear hes willing to sign with Miami outright. Much like with Seattle and Orlando when dealing Lewis, the Raptors would have little choice in the matter. They either get something or nothing.

As for the rest of the free agents, I think you have to go for Boozer first. Haywood and Felton seem to be more appropriate fits, but Boozer is the most talented player still on the market. And I've watched Haywood and Felton since high school, and neither is to be relied on. Felton is all about the money, always has been and always will be. Once he gets paid I have my doubts he'll continue to work on his game. If he did put in the effort to improve his shot and defense he could be a great player....I just don't see it happening. Haywood has been an underachiever his entire career, and a couple months of solid play in Dallas should not get him a large, multiyear deal.

Assuming Bosh is coming, I think Riley next explores all the sign and trade deals available. Or who knows....maybe on Thursday the hat Lebron picks is black and red. Free agency is fun...

i still don'[t think it's enough...felton would be a nice addition but i'll bet money that the knicks will make a strong play there if they miss out on bron...more like when they miss out on bron...

i think bron is going back to cleveland on a short term deal...3 years...then he'll be free all over again

i hope bosh has gotten more physical with his game cause i saw the raptors a few years ago in the postseason (admittedly the only thing i pay attention to) and he was pau gasol at that time soft with his game...skilled but soft...doesn't bosh also fall in love with his jumper a bit too much???

anyways...bosh and wade will make a nice combo...but they're not beating the lakers with just that right now...

haywood i think will get paid by dallas

If you go Bosh and Boozer, you have Bosh at C and Boozer at PF. Why would you put a ton of money into your front line only to be seriously undersized? Also, Toronto would be better off getting nothing for Bosh than unwanted contracts.

If I'm Chicago and I can't get James, Wade, or Bosh, I consider D. Lee, but if the price isn't right, I just stand pat and wait for C. Anthony next season. Chicago will have a strong team even if they don't sign anyone; if they sign James, they're going to compete for a title.

Don't count out the Knicks for the LeBron sweepstakes....I'd consider a LeBron-Stodemire pairing to be interesting.

If you go Bosh and Boozer, you have Bosh at C and Boozer at PF. Why would you put a ton of money into your front line only to be seriously undersized? Also, Toronto would be better off getting nothing for Bosh than unwanted contracts.

To get them to take matching salaries back is a real long shot. Miami can sweeten the deal by offering Toronto their first round pick back, not that its worth much since its lottery protected for three more years and that appears to be where Toronto is headed. More likely the sign and trade will be like the Lewis deal, a token second rounder or a swap of picks. Bosh gets his max deal, and Toronto gets a 16 mil trade exception to go after someone like Al Jefferson.

I think Boozer gets picked up by the loser in the Lebron sweepstakes, so hes probably not an option either way. But I still think you forget the accepted norms and go after the most talented players available, regardless of their size or the position they play. I'll take a Boozer/Bosh frontcourt over Bosh/Haywood anyday. Sure they're undersized, but so is the rest of the league. The NBA champions were undersized.....the de-facto starting lineup for most of the finals was Gasol/Odom.

I can not back this up with anything or provide any proof. But a good friend of mine who has been following this very closely with me, just received a call from a good friend of his who is friends with a guy who works in the Heat FO said lebron is in the middle of agreeing to terms with the Heat, but they are doing everything possible to keep it quiet till tomorrow.

As per the wish of Wade (Not James) they are trying to not making it seem like this has been planned all along.

Again I beleive this half heartedly myslef since its a friend of a friend type information but take it for what its worth. Just wanted to share with my Finheaven family
Chubbs

When Phil Jackson was asked about the strengths of his team, what was the first thing he mentioned? Their length. Unless you have truly special players, I don't think you can overcome a lack of length. Boozer is a good player, but he's not special. I would actually rather have a front court of Haywood and Bosh than Bosh and Boozer. And, Haywood's a good deal cheaper. I wouldn't feel great about Haywood, but he is a legitimate presence inside. With Bosh and Haywood, you'd have a front court that reminds me of the one that just won the title (Gasol and Bynum). Haywood's not as good as Bynum, but he's a little bigger, and Bosh is better than Gasol. It'd be an area of strength - as opposed to an over-paid weakness (Bosh and Boozer).

Back
Top Bottom