Wade and Bosh coming to Miami | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wade and Bosh coming to Miami

I hate these vast over generalizations. You need talent to beat a talented team. A 6'8 guy was the most effective big man Boston could pair up with Garnett against the Lakers. You're telling me you would take a guy who averages 8 pts and 6 rebounds over one of the few 20/10 guys in the NBA simply because hes 3 inches taller? This is why Bowie and Oden are so famous.....the NBA's love affair with the tape measure.

of course you need talent but length against teams who have solid bigs is a requirement...big baby did do damage against the lakers with his size etc but in the game 7 deciding win for the lakers the celtics couldn't get rebounds once perk went down...

once perk went down it was only a matter of time before the lakers length took over...baby kg and a on last legs sheed weren't enough...perks loss was huge

the lakers also have 2 listed 7 footer in gasol and bynum...(not sure either one really is a legitimate 7 foot) but anyways...

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 PM ----------

oh and if baby really is 6 ft 8 i'm huckleberry fin...6 ft 6 maybe i'd say

I might have to buy a Heat jersey now.....nahhhhhhhh, the Sixers are still my team, but how sweet it would be for
Miami to have an NBA and NFL Champion this upcoming year.

of course you need talent but length against teams who have solid bigs is a requirement...big baby did do damage against the lakers with his size etc but in the game 7 deciding win for the lakers the celtics couldn't get rebounds once perk went down...

once perk went down it was only a matter of time before the lakers length took over...baby kg and a on last legs sheed weren't enough...perks loss was huge

the lakers also have 2 listed 7 footer in gasol and bynum...(not sure either one really is a legitimate 7 foot) but anyways...

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 PM ----------

oh and if baby really is 6 ft 8 i'm huckleberry fin...6 ft 6 maybe i'd say

He actually is......6'7.75". In the NBA we generally add 1.25-1.5" so hes listed at 6'9. The girth and shorter arms make him seem a bit smaller.

The point is that the length of the Lakers was riding the bench when they dominated on the boards. It was Odom, Gasol and Bryant cleaning the glass while the taller Boston lineup was coming up empty. The Lakers did dominate teams that were weak inside, in Utah and Phoenix. But that was more because the best post defenders both teams had to offer were pretty mediocre. Neither Boozer nor Amare stood a chance against Gasol. The Heat couldn't beat them either, but were pretty competitive with O'Neal checking Gasol and Beasley on Bynum. Thats right.....the 6'7 230 lb Beasley blocking out Bynum, and not doing a poor job of it either.

you think beasley could handle a healthy bynum on the boards??? for real???

I might have to buy a Heat jersey now.....nahhhhhhhh, the Sixers are still my team, but how sweet it would be for
Miami to have an NBA and NFL Champion this upcoming year.
The Sixers are my team too and it would be funny to see a basketball and football champion in the same year. I am curious to see how Wade and Bosh play together this year.

you think beasley could handle a healthy bynum on the boards??? for real???

I know he can....I watched the games. He shouldn't be able to, but Bynum is one of the softest 290 lb guys out there. I thought he would of been so embarrased that the Heat put O'Neal on Gasol that he would dominate, but he never did. Granted it was the regular season and some players fall asleep for long periods of time during those games, but these were televised games where Kobe and Wade were going all out.

I hate these vast over generalizations. You need talent to beat a talented team. A 6'8 guy was the most effective big man Boston could pair up with Garnett against the Lakers. You're telling me you would take a guy who averages 8 pts and 6 rebounds over one of the few 20/10 guys in the NBA simply because hes 3 inches taller? This is why Bowie and Oden are so famous.....the NBA's love affair with the tape measure.

Bosh + Boozer = 0 championship any way you want to spin it. Neither can play defense to save their life, and they would get slaughtered by teams with length. I would very easily take a 10/10 guy who plays great D for half the money Boozer wants because Bosh/Haywood is championship caliber. You have your go to scorer in the post, and a guy to defend the post. Bosh/Boozer is a 2nd round exit. Like I said, give me Haywood/Felton any day over the week over Boozer. I'm more interested in championships, not individual talents.

I know he can....I watched the games. He shouldn't be able to, but Bynum is one of the softest 290 lb guys out there. I thought he would of been so embarrased that the Heat put O'Neal on Gasol that he would dominate, but he never did. Granted it was the regular season and some players fall asleep for long periods of time during those games, but these were televised games where Kobe and Wade were going all out.

What dream world are we living in? Bynum averaged 15.5 PPG (well over season average) and 9 rebounds against the Heat to Beasley's 9 points and 5 rebounds.

I hear we are interested in trading to get Andre Miller at PG, Felton or Miller? who would you rather have at point? and I think Haywood is pretty much exactly what we need. Boozer is out of the equation. Bosh has said he doesnt wanna play the 5 position. my question is do we keep Beasley and start him at his natural SF position?

Bosh + Boozer = 0 championship any way you want to spin it. Neither can play defense to save their life, and they would get slaughtered by teams with length. I would very easily take a 10/10 guy who plays great D for half the money Boozer wants because Bosh/Haywood is championship caliber. You have your go to scorer in the post, and a guy to defend the post. Bosh/Boozer is a 2nd round exit. Like I said, give me Haywood/Felton any day over the week over Boozer. I'm more interested in championships, not individual talents.

If Haywood was a 10/10 guy who plays great D I would agree. Unfortunately I have actually watched Haywood play.....for over a decade now. And I'll take that decade of evidence over the brief period when he was playing for a contract. Haywood is an 7/7 player, which is absolutely pathetic for a guy of his size and ability. And hes going to get a contract starting around 8 mil....fortunately someone else will probably pay more than the Heat are willing to.

What dream world are we living in? Bynum averaged 15.5 PPG (well over season average) and 9 rebounds against the Heat to Beasley's 9 points and 5 rebounds.

You obviously didn't watch the games. Maybe they're on youtube or something....

If Haywood was a 10/10 guy who plays great D I would agree. Unfortunately I have actually watched Haywood play.....for over a decade now. And I'll take that decade of evidence over the brief period when he was playing for a contract. Haywood is an 7/7 player, which is absolutely pathetic for a guy of his size and ability. And hes going to get a contract starting around 8 mil....fortunately someone else will probably pay more than the Heat are willing to.

I find it hard to believe you've watched him play for over a decade to come to that conclusion. Haywood has always been a good rebounder, very good offensive rebounder, and he's always been a good defender. 8/7/1.5 is actually pretty good numbers for only playing 24 minutes a game. He rebounds, he plays D, no debating that. Whether you want Haywood or not, it still doesn't change the fact that Bosh + Boozer = 2nd round exit.

Go find yourself a Wizards' fan and tell them all about Haywood's good defense and rebounding. They ought to get a good laugh out of that one.

What Boozer+Bosh+Wade= I don't know, and probably never will. I've got a pretty good idea what that equation produces if Boozer is replaced by Lebron, and hopefully that's what we'll be told tomorrow. But both are unlikely. We'll see.

Back
Top Bottom