Wade and Bosh coming to Miami | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wade and Bosh coming to Miami

Juan Howard is a guy I could see coming at at vet min. and helping tremendously off the bench. also Allen Iverson, Joel Anthony has good defense so re-Sign him. We also have the 3 guys we drafted. And dont under estimate if these guys all took a million less a year to benefit the team. If we did dump Beasley we would have about 5 million left and I would use it on Raymond Felton

While people might knock him for his attitude, someone like Iverson who has imo been humbled tremendously in the last year or two, could come in here and play for peanuts because he only wants to win a championship.Specially since he knows he is comming in as the 4th best player on the roster and not the #1 guy so his ego shouldnt be inflated.

Forgetting all the other issues, Iverson on the court the last couple years has not been very good. I don't know if I'd even want to see him coming off the bench....certainly not as a starter. You want someone who can play D at the point.....maybe Beverly if he really shows something, or Chalmers if he can get his lazy *** back on track. Or at least someone who can shoot, Eddie House maybe? Where's that goofy Damon Jones when we need him?

Then every year over the next 6-7 years we rinse and repeat with different vets in the same situation. This really can become a dynasty. But who am i kidding, Things that are to good to be true usually are.
Heres hoping.
Chubbs

The Lakers and Spurs kept this game up for a while. The GM's job is so much easier when you have a collection of star players. Both teams screwed up more often than not, but the Lakers picked up Horry, Fisher, Fox, and Shaw to keep them going, and the Spurs guys like Finley, Jackson, Rose, and Kerr. All you have to do is get about 40% right, and you'll have a solid 7/8 man playoff rotation.

iverson is done...i wouldn't want him anywhere near my team...not in the lockerroom that's for sure

if it all goes down, only thing the Heat fans should worry about is filling out the roster. It's looking more and more likely that Bosh will be a sign and trade, and sounds like the Heat would give up Beasley, Chalmers, and a resigned Joel Anthony.

If all that happens, it is not impossible to still build a team. I think the Heat got 3 guys in the second round that could easily be rotation guys in the NBA (with Butler having a chance to be something really special if he can return from his injury). Combine that with some of the UDFA's like Manny Harris, Scotty Reynolds, and Sheron Collins. Plus guys whove been good in the D-League/Overseas looking for teams like Joe Crawford, DeVon Hardin, and Derrick Byers, you can put together a good team.

Just because a player wasn't drafted or isn't in the NBA right now doens't mean that they aren't NBA caliber players.

Just read the Heat have reached out to Mike Miller for a 5 year deal that is either full or close to full MLE with a midnight deadline. Now that would be a huge pickup too because MIller is a great spot up shooter, but can also create his own shot if he's coming off the bench

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoever the Heat put out as the 3rd player in the back court, he had better be a good shooter that excels off the ball. The Heat will be the strangest team in NBA history for the next few seasons, but if they figure out a way to make it work, they'll win multiple championships - big ****ing IF, though.

Rumor has it the Heat are talking to the Sixers about a trade that would send Beasley to the Sixers, and Kapono back to the Heat. Other plays would be involved obviously. If true, as a Sixers fan, I hope to god we don't do it. Beasley is a bum. I just want Kapono to expire, or trade him at the deadline if we're playing good. I suppose Beasley could be a trade chip as well though, but I hate his game. We already have a Beasley on our team, two is way too many.

Who the heck is Israel Gutierrez? He was just interviewed on ESPN and is a media guy in Miami......He was asked, "How are things?" His reply..."Things are crazy down here. We have not had any Dynasty in Miami since around the time of the Miami Hurricanes, but never a dynasty in the pros."

HUH???? I guess he forgot about the DOLPHIN'S DYNASTY....3 SB appearances between 1971-1974, back to back SB Championships.

Back
Top Bottom