Wake 10th ranked pass rusher according to "experts" | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wake 10th ranked pass rusher according to "experts"

clear.gif

I wonder if Rex ****ed an octopus--they have more feet.

Brick is a 2 time Pro Bowler, so he's a bargain in every sense of the word.

In reality he is a 1 time pro bowler and was an injury replacement to the best LT in the league (Jake Long) in 09 and has never been named a pro bowl starter. Lol at your Pouha > Soliai argument.That just shows your blind homerism has no bounds. If you want to see how elite Soliai is go watch that second jets game and watch Soliai dominate Mangold.

In reality he is a 1 time pro bowler and was an injury replacement to the best LT in the league (Jake Long) in 09 and has never been named a pro bowl starter. Lol at your Pouha > Soliai argument.That just shows your blind homerism has no bounds. If you want to see how elite Soliai is go watch that second jets game and watch Soliai dominate Mangold.

If you want to see how Soliai is weak and instead of taking up two blockers like an NT should, got handled by one blocker, go watch both Jets games.

Reality is reality and in reality, Brick has been to two Pro Bowls.

If you want to see how Soliai is weak and instead of taking up two blockers like an NT should, got handled by one blocker, go watch both Jets games.

Reality is reality and in reality, Brick has been to two Pro Bowls.

Lol soliai manhandled Mangold. You guys averaged like 2 yards a rush that second game and couldn't run up the middle to save your life. Soliai was pushing Mangold back every play. You must not have watched that utter domination of your O-Line: Regardless Jake Long > Joe Thomas > Gross > Brick. Wow Brick made it in as an injury replacement one year, good for him.

Lol soliai manhandled Mangold. You guys averaged like 2 yards a rush that second game and couldn't run up the middle to save your life. Soliai was pushing Mangold back every play. You must not have watched that utter domination of your O-Line: Regardless Jake Long > Joe Thomas > Gross > Brick. Wow Brick made it in as an injury replacement one year, good for him.

That's funny because Pouha had a much better game that day than Soliai. You only had like 5 first downs. The only reason you won, other that Holmes dropping a wide open, perfectly thrown pass in the end zone, was your punter.

Long, Thomas, Brick, Gross, a healthy Jamaal are all equal to me since you can't pick out any one stat and say "this guy is clearly better because...". You all swear Long is the greatest because he's a Fish and you're looking at him through your aqua and teal glasses. Out of all those guys, Brick is the best to me because I consider what he brings and what he makes. Long is great, but so what? His enormous rookie deal puts a ceiling on how much help the FO can get him. He can be the best blocker in the world, if he's surrounded by 4 scrubs, it's not going to do anyone any good. The Jets OL is ranked #3, MIA is #18. I don't understand what case you can make for Long.

pouha is a pretty darn good player...he wasn't as good as paul solai in 2010 who behind wake was our defensive mvp but pouha held it down for new york...i was impressed...that said i still think the jets would jump all over phil taylor in the draft if he gets to them

and santonio holmes is a damn good receiver also...don't front

We're still trying to defend ourselves against Jest fans apparently. Here's a new debate topic. How are the "amazing" Jests any different from perennial choke artists like the Chargers, other than the obvious fact that the Chargers have a good QB?

That's funny because Pouha had a much better game that day than Soliai. You only had like 5 first downs. The only reason you won, other that Holmes dropping a wide open, perfectly thrown pass in the end zone, was your punter.

Long, Thomas, Brick, Gross, a healthy Jamaal are all equal to me since you can't pick out any one stat and say "this guy is clearly better because...". You all swear Long is the greatest because he's a Fish and you're looking at him through your aqua and teal glasses. Out of all those guys, Brick is the best to me because I consider what he brings and what he makes. Long is great, but so what? His enormous rookie deal puts a ceiling on how much help the FO can get him. He can be the best blocker in the world, if he's surrounded by 4 scrubs, it's not going to do anyone any good. The Jets OL is ranked #3, MIA is #18. I don't understand what case you can make for Long.

If money was no issue who would you take Long or Brick? Answer truthfully now dearie.

We're still trying to defend ourselves against Jest fans apparently. Here's a new debate topic. How are the "amazing" Jests any different from perennial choke artists like the Chargers, other than the obvious fact that the Chargers have a good QB?

More scandals?

I'd have to concede that the Henne <-> Sanchez comparison did alter from the end of the 09 to 10 seasons: transitioning from "Henne being better than Molepuss to Henne not being appreciably worse" as born out by anyone who watched the 2 of them play - even beyond both's dismal stats. It was a frustrating season where Ryan Fitzpatrick actually metamorphosed from the worst QB in the division to the 2nd best.

As far as the Marshall Holmes comparison goes, thanks to Henne, Henning and an ineffectual ground game, Marshall did take a step back this season from being arguably the 3rd best WR in football, but to even suggest that Holmes, who's barely a top 10 WR is comparable to BM is like comparing the acting chops of Meryl Streep to Tara Reid!

:lol2::lol2: I love when vaark and revkev agree. It makes me look so much better.

I love it even more when vaark tries to talk football:lol::lol:

You also forgot to add the fact he had Anquan Boldin prior this year, preventing the frequent bracket coverage. I mean that has nothing to do with it.

yet the man had another 1,000 yd season and 6 TDs.

And you guys constantly whine about us exhibiting blind homerism.

When Marshall actually plays in big games and thrives in them as well I'll be impressed, heck if he just made big plays down the stretch of any games I'd be somewhat impressed. It's not all about fantasy #s. Some of us get that.

sure you would.. and let me venture anoiher guess

you'd take:
Pace and Thomas over Wake and Misi
Brick over Jake
Ellis over Starks
Scott and Harris over Dansby
Cromartie over Vontae
Pouha over Soliai

and if you had a mulligan and a time machine you would NOT have stayed at 17 in the 09 draft and grabbed Josh Freeman:lol::lol:

W/ all those edges in talent how come Miami has won 6 LESS games in the reg season the last 2 years? (10 less inclduing postseason)

I look forward to the excuses.

I like Solai, I think he's a good player but to be fair the jets were still shell shocked from the massacre at NE 6 days before. You caught us at the right time and as bad as we played if Holmnes catches an easy TD we win.

I don't care about LT rankings, I know we have a really good one who is just entering his prime so I feel great about our LT.

SD made the playoffs 5 times from 2004-2009 and won a total of 3 playoff games. The Jets made it 2 times the last 2 years and won 4 playoff games. SD made one title game in their 5 playoff apps, the Jets 2, SD lost 3 home playoff games and won only 1 road playoff game, the Jets won 4 road playoff games including one at SAN DIEGO when the Chargers were the hottest team in the NFL.

I like how you cannot compare your team to us so you have to look for a different team to compare to the Jets.

I keep asking this question, w/ all this incredible talent Miami has, w/ all the edges at almost every position, w/ the better front office and coaching staff how in the world has Miami won 10 less games than the jets the last 2 years?

QUOTE=nyjunc;1063848638]

W/ all those edges in talent how come Miami has won 6 LESS games in the reg season the last 2 years? (10 less inclduing postseason)

[/QUOTE]
The Jets had a better coaching staff and offensive line (I use the past tense because our coaching staff has changed so we don't know how it will turn out one the season starts) than the Dolphins last year. Plain and simple.

QUOTE=nyjunc;1063848638]

The Jets had a better coaching staff and offensive line (I use the past tense because our coaching staff has changed so we don't know how it will turn out one the season starts) than the Dolphins last year. Plain and simple.[/QUOTE]

That's funny b/c for the last few years I have heard going into seasons how Miami had the better coaching staff and better OL and I'm sure I'll hear that again going into 2011.

realistically we have edges at:

QB
RB
WR
TE
OL
LB
CBs
STs coverage and returns
Coaching staff

Miami has edges at:

DL