Wake 10th ranked pass rusher according to "experts" | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wake 10th ranked pass rusher according to "experts"

Marshall is a stat guy, late in the year he is trying to get his #s up, when JMiami really needed him in Nov/early dec he was invisible.

When did the Jets offer a 1st rd pick for him? Why would denver have taken less to send him to Miami if the Jets offered a 1st rounder for him?

I ask again- isn't it funny how you guys have so much more talent than the jets yet you finished way behind us the last 2 years- how does that happen?

Because the Jets were broke.

I keep hearing from my Jets sources that they’re having internal discussions regarding Brandon Marshall and would love to put together a package of players that might entice the Broncos and still keep their first-round pick.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Sunday-at-the-Post-1029.html

The New York Jets were prepared to send the Denver Broncos the 29th pick of the 2010 draft for WR Brandon Marshall. But the player and the Jets couldn't reach terms on a long-term contract, so New York never bothered to sign the former restricted free agent to an offer sheet.

http://content.usatoday.com/communi...uld-have-been-a-jet-with-contract-extension/1

Talks fell apart because the Jets couldnt give him a long term contract. If you(or anyone) can recall, Marshall's biggest problem in Denver was his contract status. It was a deal breaker for any team. All of this happened very shortly(believe a week or two) before the Jets traded for Holmes, who had much better value for the cost, so hardly a crushing blow.

In a year when 4 different teams defensive players were calling out plays at the line of scrimmage, had a quarterback carousel, an offensive coordinator who flat refused to change his gameplans week to week(literally, Thigpen revealed Henning wouldnt change them for games), and a head coach throwing his players under the bus...Marshall still had 86 catches and +1k yards. And this is considered a bad year for him. The video's i linked showed first hand how he breaks games open. He routinely won games for Denver and he went to town on the Jets. You can make all the blanket statement(and provide utterly no proof whatsoever), yet anyone can pull up the videos themselves, or check the NFL record book, or check and see how your own team tried to trade for him. Before his "off year" he was considered a top 3 wideout. After his "off year" he was considered a top 5 wideout. Imagine what will happen when he has coaches who will actively involve him.

Marshall is a stat guy, late in the year he is trying to get his #s up, when JMiami really needed him in Nov/early dec he was invisible.

When did the Jets offer a 1st rd pick for him? Why would denver have taken less to send him to Miami if the Jets offered a 1st rounder for him?

I ask again- isn't it funny how you guys have so much more talent than the jets yet you finished way behind us the last 2 years- how does that happen?

Marshall has never had a good QB so I don't buy the QB struggles excuse. He's a stat guy, it's not a coinicende that he has never been on a playoff team. Miami thought he was one of the missing pieces, they ended up w/ the SAME record.

Marshall is a top 3 talent, he should be much better than he has been. he is a great possession receiver. Holmes is a playmaker.

We'll see, I don't think people relaize how great Revis is. He is becoming an all-time great, I don't see Vontae reaching that level but we'll see.

The excuses never end. Wouldn't having a better #2 eat into his recs?

Wasn't Marshall one of the league leaders in drops? Every WR will drop passes(Holmes had 2 killer drops that probably cost us 2 wins) but Holmes also had a million big catchges- where are those examples for marshall?

No one said wake was overrated but that 2nd sack was a coverage sack and that was the first time in 4 games against us that I saw Wake make a play.

A good 2 takes pressure off of marshall, and adds it to the defense to cover both guys (can't double both).

Because the Jets were broke.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Sunday-at-the-Post-1029.html

http://content.usatoday.com/communi...uld-have-been-a-jet-with-contract-extension/1

Talks fell apart because the Jets couldnt give him a long term contract. If you(or anyone) can recall, Marshall's biggest problem in Denver was his contract status. It was a deal breaker for any team. All of this happened very shortly(believe a week or two) before the Jets traded for Holmes, who had much better value for the cost, so hardly a crushing blow.

In a year when 4 different teams defensive players were calling out plays at the line of scrimmage, had a quarterback carousel, an offensive coordinator who flat refused to change his gameplans week to week(literally, Thigpen revealed Henning wouldnt change them for games), and a head coach throwing his players under the bus...Marshall still had 86 catches and +1k yards. And this is considered a bad year for him. The video's i linked showed first hand how he breaks games open. He routinely won games for Denver and he went to town on the Jets. You can make all the blanket statement(and provide utterly no proof whatsoever), yet anyone can pull up the videos themselves, or check the NFL record book, or check and see how your own team tried to trade for him. Before his "off year" he was considered a top 3 wideout. After his "off year" he was considered a top 5 wideout. Imagine what will happen when he has coaches who will actively involve him.

You made it sound like denver had a choice to take a 1 from the Jets or less from Miami. I know the Jets were interested, I don't know if it ever got as close as that article states but I would have been happy w/ Marshall. I haven't said Marshall isn't a good WR, he's a great possession WR. he would have been a great compliment to edwards who can get down the field but Edwards and holmes while not as physically gifted as Marshall are both better playmakers and our WR corps is better than Miami's.

When did he routinely win games in denver? The man has never won a big game in his career so what games was he winning in denver?

My team looks at all players and is always trying to get better, b/c they looked into trading for Marshall doesn't mean they think he is better than Holmes. He was considereda top WR going into last year b/c of his great rec totals, he's a stat WR to this point in his career. he's not a big playmaker and has NEVER been part of a win in a truly big game. When Miami needed him most last year he didn't show up, whent he Jets needed Holmes he won game after game after game w/ big plays.

More coaching excuses, I'm so sick of hearing about the excuses w/ the CS. Marshall is a top WR but he can be THE top WR, only Brandon is holding himself back from taking that next step.

he wasn't responding to me and nothing he does gets me mad. It's all childish inulst b/c the guy cannot keep up in football discussions. I laugh at him not w/ him.

Long and Brick are close, Marshall and Holmes are close. revis and Vontae are not close.

Are we going to go through another offseason where phin fans tell me how Miami has a better QB, RBS, WRs, OL, DL, LBs, DBs, coaches and then you finish 3-4 games behind us again? isn't it amazing w/ all the talent you guys think you have you haven't even competed for a playoff spot the last 2 years?

Long and Brick are close, Marshall is just flat out better than holmes, revis is a lot better than Vontae but he is still pretty good for this season being his third.

And two years ago we did compete for a playoff spot and three years ago we won the division. Obviously you guys have the overall better team. I don't think anyone has argued that point. But if you can't get excited about your team and the players you have then what's the point? We beat really good teams, should of beat others, and lost to some bad teams. Consistency will come with better qb play and an offensive line that can block. We're not that far off but I don't see what we've done to improve...still early though.

Long and Brick are close, Marshall is just flat out better than holmes, revis is a lot better than Vontae but he is still pretty good for this season being his third.

And two years ago we did compete for a playoff spot and three years ago we won the division. Obviously you guys have the overall better team. I don't think anyone has argued that point. But if you can't get excited about your team and the players you have then what's the point? We beat really good teams, should of beat others, and lost to some bad teams. Consistency will come with better qb play and an offensive line that can block. We're not that far off but I don't see what we've done to improve...still early though.

This is a fair post.

2 years ago w/ 3 games to play you had destiny in your hands and you lost your last 3 games. Only one time since 2003 has Miami seriously competed for a playoff spot in the final weeks and that was 2008 when they won the division.

You made it sound like denver had a choice to take a 1 from the Jets or less from Miami. I know the Jets were interested, I don't know if it ever got as close as that article states but I would have been happy w/ Marshall. I haven't said Marshall isn't a good WR, he's a great possession WR. he would have been a great compliment to edwards who can get down the field but Edwards and holmes while not as physically gifted as Marshall are both better playmakers and our WR corps is better than Miami's.

When did he routinely win games in denver? The man has never won a big game in his career so what games was he winning in denver?

My team looks at all players and is always trying to get better, b/c they looked into trading for Marshall doesn't mean they think he is better than Holmes. He was considereda top WR going into last year b/c of his great rec totals, he's a stat WR to this point in his career. he's not a big playmaker and has NEVER been part of a win in a truly big game. When Miami needed him most last year he didn't show up, whent he Jets needed Holmes he won game after game after game w/ big plays.

More coaching excuses, I'm so sick of hearing about the excuses w/ the CS. Marshall is a top WR but he can be THE top WR, only Brandon is holding himself back from taking that next step.

HATERS GONNA HATE ! BMarsh had 3 100 catch seasons and one down year and yet he is holding himself back? Wow I hope he really gets his mind right so he can catch for 200 receptions next year!

HATERS GONNA HATE ! BMarsh had 3 100 catch seasons and one down year and yet he is holding himself back? Wow I hope he really gets his mind right so he can catch for 200 receptions next year!

He is a stat guy, name me the big catches in his career? in a 3 week span in 2010 Holmes had a huge catch in Ot to set up the GW FG, had the GW TD rec in OT and then socred the GW TD in the final seconds the following week. This doesn't even mention that little TD catch to WIN THE SUPER BOWL where he was named SB MVP. Certain guys are #s guys and others are winners who make plays. SO FAR Marshall is nothing more than a #s guy.

As of right now im not sure if he is a top 5 pass rusher because i only see one real move that he has and that is his speed he needs more pass rushing moves

You made it sound like denver had a choice to take a 1 from the Jets or less from Miami. I know the Jets were interested, I don't know if it ever got as close as that article states but I would have been happy w/ Marshall.

And here comes the spinning. My exact quote:

And i also found it hard to believe that "Marshall doesnt make big plays" after he eviscerated Cromartie last season. Lemme guess: as Marshall is just a stats guy, then the reason the Jets offered their first round pick for him was for fun and giggles. Right?

Your rebuttle:

When did the Jets offer a 1st rd pick for him?

So, i made a claim, you disagreed, i provided proof, and now your telling me "how i made it sound" and you really knew they expressed interest. No where in any of my posts did i suggest the Denver simply liked us better.

Marshall blew up the Jets game. He blew up the Redskins game in 09. He took over the Colts game in 09. He, Elvis, and Champ won the Cowboys game for Denver in 09. He manhandled Cromartie in 08 against the Chargers. To blame Marshall for his team not making it to big games is like blaming Revis for the Jets losing 2 AFC championship games. When he was in Denver, his defense was ranked in the 30's. The one year the defense was competant, McDaniels had a temper tantrum that eventual led to us landing Nolan(no complaints there).

Another big name receiver had a down year. Larry Fitzgerald only had 90 catches and just over 1k yards. So should we blame him for Arizona's struggles? When Fitz had competant quarterback play in a system that allowed him to play to his strengths, he started rewriting the record book. Starting to notice a trend: decent supporting cast= records broken, bad supporting cast= down year. Whoa..eerie.

Why the **** are we defending ourselves to Jests fans on a Dolphins message board repeatedly all offseason? Is anyone besides me starting to find this a little ridiculous? It's like walking into someone's house, telling them they suck, then demanding they explain to you why they don't.

Why the **** are we defending ourselves to Jests fans on a Dolphins message board repeatedly all offseason? Is anyone besides me starting to find this a little ridiculous? It's like walking into someone's house, telling them they suck, then demanding they explain to you why they don't.

It is quite asinine so **** you jet fans.

Edit: don't ban me

Because a certain low-life fan continuously comes in and hijacks threads that have nothing to do with him or his crappy team. Some folk call this type of person an "attention whore". Others call them "Jest fans".

Marshall had an off year due to QB struggles, a lack of a running game due to aging running backs and an injured offensive line, and he missed two and a half games due to an injury.

Still though, he had 86 receptions(most in the AFC East), and 1,014 yards. Yeah he only had three touchdowns, but still those numbers are considered a bad year for him, most receivers in this league would call that a career year. Only five players in NFL history has had three straight 100 catch seasons, Marshall is one of them. Plus, he owns the record for most receptions in a game in NFL history and is a two time Pro Bowler. One off season where he still put up big numbers does not diminish that he is a special talent. He definitely deserves to be in the argument of being one of the top 5 receivers currently in the game.

Let's not forget a pi**-poor offensive scheme.

I love Cameron Wake. I love the way he plays, his intensity, his fire and his motor. However he did taper off the last few weeks. That being said he is an elite pass rusher and also was near the top of the league in tackles for a loss (not including sacks). He was one of the few bright spots last season. I hope he continues to grow as a great all around linebacker.

Back
Top Bottom