Wake 10th ranked pass rusher according to "experts" | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wake 10th ranked pass rusher according to "experts"

How can a WR be good in an elementary style offense, with poor playcalling, a subpar QB who the coaches have no faith in, a porous oline, and having safeties clamped down on top of him?

Off the top of my head, Steve Smith in Carolina had multiple years of what you mentioned above and he never not scored at least 6 TDs... and he had no other WR on the other side of him. Calvin Johnson posted great numbers before and after Stafford got there (and Stafford is oft injured).

Okay, how about you tell me why Marshall deserves to be in the Top 5 argument.

I rest my case. Your "okay" CB is "a wash" against Revis, who, QBs avoid like the plague. Sure. Now enlighten me as to how a coach killing, 3 TD a season ego maniac is a Top 5 WR.

Revis the best please..
imagesqtbnANd9GcScve5I_w4ZEQI__mUz55iZsV-1.jpg

I think i remember somebody named ginn now a dolphins castaway
burning Revis in crunch-time for a touchdown win to secure a dolphins victory..
Sorry to bring up bad memories for you..

I think next year the dolphins defense will hurt the jets
and force Sanchez into making bone headed throws
this time our secondary will catch those Sanchez gift wraps..

For marshall and 3 touchdowns i will give you that is pathetic
though a lot of that falls on henne..

****, even Dez Bryant who was half injured and was catching passes from Jon Kitna managed to find the endzone 6 times... and the Dallas OL wasn't exactly the Steel Curtain.

Revis the best please..
imagesqtbnANd9GcScve5I_w4ZEQI__mUz55iZsV-1.jpg

I think i remember somebody named ginn now a dolphins castaway
burning Revis in crunch-time for a touchdown win to secure a dolphins victory..
Sorry to bring up bad memories for you..

That was a busted play where Revis expected the safety to be over the top, which is why he allowed Ginn to get behind him. Ginn made the best of it, just as he should have. Try telling Andre Johnson, Reggie Wayne, Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Randy Moss and countless of other ELITE WRs how Ginn burned Revis, they'd laugh. Revis is an eliminator of the other team's top weapon. No one in the league can say that right now.

Off the top of my head, Steve Smith in Carolina had multiple years of what you mentioned above and he never not scored at least 6 TDs... and he had no other WR on the other side of him. Calvin Johnson posted great numbers before and after Stafford got there (and Stafford is oft injured).

Delhomme was a good QB for a while. Calvin Johnson had Nate Burleson and a good TE in Pettigrew to help keep the defenses honest. Not to mention good receiving RBs. Why do I have to tell you why Marshall is a top 5 receiver when going into last year he was a consensus top 5. Dez Bryant had Miles Austin and Roy Williams and Jason Witten to take pressure off him and wasn't receiving the attention of the number one corner with a safety.

Brick is the third best LT. The difference between him and Joe Thomas is substantial. Jake Long is better than Joe Thomas. Brick is a 1 time pro bowler in reality. He only made it in 09 because Jake Long pulled out. Also Long was screwed over in the 08 season because the guy who got picked (Jason Peters) gave up 11.5 sacks and Long gave up 2.5.
I wouldn't even say that. To me, Jordan Gross should be in front of Brick.

****, even Dez Bryant who was half injured and was catching passes from Jon Kitna managed to find the endzone 6 times... and the Dallas OL wasn't exactly the Steel Curtain.

You do realize that reference is for Pittsburgh's DL not OL, ...?

Marshall had an off year due to QB struggles, a lack of a running game due to aging running backs and an injured offensive line, and he missed two and a half games due to an injury.

Still though, he had 86 receptions(most in the AFC East), and 1,014 yards. Yeah he only had three touchdowns, but still those numbers are considered a bad year for him, most receivers in this league would call that a career year. Only five players in NFL history has had three straight 100 catch seasons, Marshall is one of them. Plus, he owns the record for most receptions in a game in NFL history and is a two time Pro Bowler. One off season where he still put up big numbers does not diminish that he is a special talent. He definitely deserves to be in the argument of being one of the top 5 receivers currently in the game.

Marshall had an off year due to QB struggles, a lack of a running game due to aging running backs and an injured offensive line, and he missed two and a half games due to an injury.

Still though, he had 86 receptions(most in the AFC East), and 1,014 yards. Yeah he only had three touchdowns, but still those numbers are considered a bad year for him, most receivers in this league would call that a career year. Only five players in NFL history has had three straight 100 catch seasons, Marshall is one of them. Plus, he owns the record for most receptions in a game in NFL history and is a two time Pro Bowler. One off season where he still put up big numbers does not diminish that he is a special talent. He definitely deserves to be in the argument of being one of the top 5 receivers currently in the game.

I'm sorry but a washed up Terrell Owens had a better year than Marshall.

Year 1 he was good, year 2 he was really good, year 3 he was the best. Vontae Davis is nowhere near Darrelle Revis.

Who cares if teams were stupid enough to throw his way? They weren't having success against him.

Vontea is nowhere near Darrelle Revis YET.

You left out a very important word there, Davis is rapidly becoming a "take away his side" cornerback. I know his critics will tell you Smith had a better season but Smith also had more safety help his way, Davis was left to tend to his side usually matched up on the number 1 receiver.

Note better QB, oline, TE, number two receiver, and offensive gameplan.

That's all relative. You can't be Top 5 and have your stats swoon to this extent because you go from Kyle Orton to Chad Henne.

That's all relative. You can't be Top 5 and have your stats swoon to this extent because you go from Kyle Orton to Chad Henne.

Of course it's ****ing relative. I'm comparing two different teams. Kyle Orton is not a bad QB.

[video=youtube;BggMrISdRIo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BggMrISdRIo[/video]
That is all.

Back
Top Bottom