Wake 10th ranked pass rusher according to "experts" | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wake 10th ranked pass rusher according to "experts"

Revis is great people are scared to throw his direction
that's why revis only had 32 tackles
vontae is great too because teams dont like to throw in his direction either
Vontae had 51 tackles
the reason why vontae had more tackles
is because he was making those tackles on running backs at the line of scrimmage
helping in run support..

he is not built like your average cornerback
2790319891_9d14b0e316_o-1.jpg

Brick is a 2 time pro bowler and is consodered one of the best LTs in the game.

Davis is not yet considered among the best in the game at his position. That doesn't mean he isn't good, he's just not near Revis.

Brick is the third best LT. The difference between him and Joe Thomas is substantial. Jake Long is better than Joe Thomas. Brick is a 1 time pro bowler in reality. He only made it in 09 because Jake Long pulled out. Also Long was screwed over in the 08 season because the guy who got picked (Jason Peters) gave up 11.5 sacks and Long gave up 2.5.

Au contraire cupcake. you've been arguing and minimizing our franchise's more illustrious accomplishments for years, up until Indy and Cinci gave the jest a PO "Hall Pass" asserting that it all meant little if they not resulting in a SB win - not even an appearance. . And don't deny that because there are hundreds of witnesses. Now all the sudden, a hall pass into the playoffs after both teams went 7-7 in 09 and a good year in 10 makes playing for division championships and being a game or 2 removed away from the SB important. This is what I've called you out for over the years - the hypocrisy. And over his 1st 2 years, yes, Vonae is closer to where Revis was after year 2 than Brick with an additional year is to Jake or even more so, Holmes was to Marshall before the start of last season. Sorry for that dose of reality.

I speak the truth, unfortunately people like you cannot handle that. I have never said Miami wasn't once a great franchise, it was. It was an elite franchise for decades. Where you get confused is that I don't call the '72 team the greatest, it was a great team w/o a doubt. ONE of the greatest but I don't even think they were the best dolphins team- I would put '73 ahead of them.

Check my post history, we don't need witnesses interpreting what they think I wrote.

The hypocrisy comes from you who bashes the Jets when they win, you make a million excuses about how they made the playoffs and why they won playoff games. Sure we got a break in 2009 just like your team got a break w/ that weak sched in 2008 and w/ no Tom Brady. Good teams take advantages of breaks, they Jets took that break and made the playoffs then won TWO road playoff games en route to the title game. The following year they won 2 more road playoff games going back to the title game.

Now you are changing the argument, you guys were comparing Brick to jake NOW not when brick was in his 1st and 2nd years. Jake was a MUCH better LT in his first 2 years compared to brick's first 2 years but he's not much better NOW. brick is up there w/ Jake, Vontae is nowhere near Revis today.

Marshall is nothing more than a stat guy, he doesn't make big plays, he's never played in a big game and I think he quit on his team last year. Holmes makes big play after big play, he doesn't have the fantasy #s Marshall has but he makes a bigger impact. I rated Marshall ahead of him last year but after watching the two play this year I'd take Holmes over him.

Sorry for another does of reality, I await the next batch of excuses.

i think vontae is close to revis and vontae makes better tackles and is stronger!
revis may have more awareness and better fundamentals IMO this is a wash..

I rest my case. Your "okay" CB is "a wash" against Revis, who, QBs avoid like the plague. Sure. Now enlighten me as to how a coach killing, 3 TD a season ego maniac is a Top 5 WR.

If these are all-time rankings, or rankings of an extended period of time, Wake drops on the list. But if the list says "Top Pass Rushers of 2010", Wake has to be in the top 5.

I rest my case. Your "okay" CB is "a wash" against Revis, who, QBs avoid like the plague. Sure. Now enlighten me as to how a coach killing, 3 TD a season ego maniac is a Top 5 WR.

Because he is too big for small corners and his route running is too good for taller corners. If Marshall isn't top 5 then Holmes isn't top 10. Make an argument that Marshall isn't top 5. Rather than just stating it.

Because he is too big for small corners and his route running is too good for taller corners. If Marshall isn't top 5 then Holmes isn't top 10. Make an argument that Marshall isn't top 5. Rather than just stating it.

I made my argument in the first post, you know, the part where it says "3 TDs in a season". I don't care what type of year you have, unless you break your leg in Week 4, you're nowhere near Top 5 if you can't find the endzone more than 3 tims. Our RB had more reception TDs than that. Marshall isn't even Top 10 to me.

Now you are changing the argument, you guys were comparing Brick to jake NOW not when brick was in his 1st and 2nd years. Jake was a MUCH better LT in his first 2 years compared to brick's first 2 years but he's not much better NOW. brick is up there w/ Jake, Vontae is nowhere near Revis today.

Marshall is nothing more than a stat guy, he doesn't make big plays, he's never played in a big game and I think he quit on his team last year. Holmes makes big play after big play, he doesn't have the fantasy #s Marshall has but he makes a bigger impact. I rated Marshall ahead of him last year but after watching the two play this year I'd take Holmes over him.

Sorry for another does of reality, I await the next batch of excuses.

Oh and Vontae's closer to Revis at the same stage of development than Brick is to Jake - by a long shot

http://www.nfl.com/videos/miami-dolphins/09000d5d81adf945/QB-Henne-to-WR-Marshall-40-yd-pass

http://www.nfl.com/videos/denver-broncos/09000d5d814851cb/WK12-Brandon-Marshall-highlights

http://www.nfl.com/videos/denver-broncos/09000d5d81339f42/WK-4-Anatomy-Marshall-s-masterpiece

As well, by week 17, with the playoffs well beyond reach and using our third string quarterback, Brandon Marshall still hadn't quit and was begging/demanding our coaches to let him make a play. When they refused, he and Thigpen blatantly ignored the offensive coordinator and quarterback coach and started running their own routes/plays.

Normally, i try and stay clear of this sort of pissing contest. Posters will say something, Junc will disagree, proof will pop up, Junc will try and hedge his bet by "explaining" just exactly he meant when he said something even though the original post was obvious. Yet "at the same stage of development" when talking about the development of a player is fairly obvious. And i also found it hard to believe that "Marshall doesnt make big plays" after he eviscerated Cromartie last season. Lemme guess: as Marshall is just a stats guy, then the reason the Jets offered their first round pick for him was for fun and giggles. Right?

I made my argument in the first post, you know, the part where it says "3 TDs in a season". I don't care what type of year you have, unless you break your leg in Week 4, you're nowhere near Top 5 if you can't find the endzone more than 3 tims. Our RB had more reception TDs than that. Marshall isn't even Top 10 to me.

Extremely shortsighted argument there. The entire team couldn't score TDs so it may have been something other than him.

Extremely shortsighted argument there. The entire team couldn't score TDs so it may have been something other than him.

See, that's BS. I can understand a RB not getting into the endzone because of factors other than him. But a WR is suppose to win his matchup. In the RZ, Marshall becomes invisible. There are plenty of guys who do not have his physical tools and who have QBs who are just as inept as Henne and they manage to score TDs. Marshall is a good WR, but he's not Top 5 or even Top 10. Most like to compare him to TO, but I don't see that. TO was a TD machine when he was Marshalls age. The player Marshall reminds me of, is Keyshawn Johnson. Big target, not scared to go over the middle. Big mouth got him shipped off of two teams. When they get into the redzone.... whoops!

Edit: TO still had a better year last year than Marshall and he was the 2nd banana on a horrible team and is 10 years older.

See, that's BS. I can understand a RB not getting into the endzone because of factors other than him. But a WR is suppose to win his matchup. In the RZ, Marshall becomes invisible. There are plenty of guys who do not have his physical tools and who have QBs who are just as inept as Henne and they manage to score TDs. Marshall is a good WR, but he's not Top 5 or even Top 10. Most like to compare him to TO, but I don't see that. TO was a TD machine when he was Marshalls age. The player Marshall reminds me of, is Keyshawn Johnson. Big target, not scared to go over the middle. Big mouth got him shipped off of two teams. When they get into the redzone.... whoops!

Edit: TO still had a better year last year than Marshall.

If every WR scored 10+ TDs other than Marshall then you would have a valid point but no one was scoring. We never ran routes to take advantage of Marshall's size (no fades) in the red zone. Did you even watch the Dolphins play or are you just going off the stat sheet?

If every WR scored 10+ TDs other than Marshall then you would have a valid point but no one was scoring. We never ran routes to take advantage of Marshall's size (no fades) in the red zone. Did you even watch the Dolphins play or are you just going off the stat sheet?

I'm not saying that Marshall isn't the best WR on your team, but there's a difference between someone being good and someone being Top 5 at their position. A Top 5 player transcends bad gameplans. Saying that he was a victim of circumstance further proves that he's a system WR. When the coach is good, he's good. When he's stuck with that dog and pony show, he's pedestrian. Besides, its not like he was drawing double teams every game.

I'm not saying that Marshall isn't the best WR on your team, but there's a difference between someone being good and someone being Top 5 at their position. A Top 5 player transcends bad gameplans. Saying that he was a victim of circumstance further proves that he's a system WR. When the coach is good, he's good. When he's stuck with that dog and pony show, he's pedestrian. Besides, its not like he was drawing double teams every game.

How can a WR be good in an elementary style offense, with poor playcalling, a subpar QB who the coaches have no faith in, a porous oline, and having safeties clamped down on top of him?

Back
Top Bottom