Wake 10th ranked pass rusher according to "experts" | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wake 10th ranked pass rusher according to "experts"

Gross is a RT but is a better tackle.
He's definitely an LT. If he played RT this season it's because Otah went down early, although that wouldn't really make sense to me.

Wow, it is amazing that I can take a few days away from the board and come back and read the same arguments from Junc and company. The players that are consistently mentioned by him in these posts are not that much better than our players. The main difference is the coaching and the system. So if you want to brag about something, brag that your players are in a better system and coached better than ours

ON the topic of the thread. Last year Wake was a top five pass rusher. If he has a season that matches last years success than he will be considered a top five for sure. ASSUMING we have a season next year :)

He's definitely an LT. If he played RT this season it's because Otah went down early, although that wouldn't really make sense to me.

And you're right. Gross did play RT up until the 08 season. Don't pay much attention to the panthers because theyre the panthers.

I hope Cam sees this list and goes off next year. Kinda like my boy Lamarcus Aldridge after he got snubbed at all star time

I hope Cam sees this list and goes off next year. Kinda like my boy Lamarcus Aldridge after he got snubbed at all star time

Heh I just started a franchise with the blazers like 30 mins ago

darrelle revis is BAR NONE the best corner in football...you kidding me??? that kid locks down half the field

vontae davis is still the most talented cb on our roster...no question...and he's asked to handle an awful lot with little help...but his problem is what its always been...consistency...too many brain cramps...looks like he loses interest out there...like he's bored at times...i'm not sure i see the killer instinct the i'm gonna dominate you you're not catching a ball on me swagger that darrelle revis carries himself with...revis takes it personal when someone makes a play on him... vontaes got all the talent in the world...but its up to him as to just how good he's gonna be...

and i'll tell ya what...that kid from rutgers devin mccourty of the patriots...he's a hellacious talent also...da goods

darrelle revis is BAR NONE the best corner in football...you kidding me??? that kid locks down half the field

vontae davis is still the most talented cb on our roster...no question...and he's asked to handle an awful lot with little help...but his problem is what its always been...consistency...too many brain cramps...looks like he loses interest out there...like he's bored at times...i'm not sure i see the killer instinct the i'm gonna dominate you you're not catching a ball on me swagger that darrelle revis carries himself with...revis takes it personal when someone makes a play on him... vontaes got all the talent in the world...but its up to him as to just how good he's gonna be...

and i'll tell ya what...that kid from rutgers devin mccourty of the patriots...he's a hellacious talent also...da goods
Nnamdi Asomugha?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/miami-dolphins/09000d5d81adf945/QB-Henne-to-WR-Marshall-40-yd-pass

http://www.nfl.com/videos/denver-broncos/09000d5d814851cb/WK12-Brandon-Marshall-highlights

http://www.nfl.com/videos/denver-broncos/09000d5d81339f42/WK-4-Anatomy-Marshall-s-masterpiece

As well, by week 17, with the playoffs well beyond reach and using our third string quarterback, Brandon Marshall still hadn't quit and was begging/demanding our coaches to let him make a play. When they refused, he and Thigpen blatantly ignored the offensive coordinator and quarterback coach and started running their own routes/plays.

Normally, i try and stay clear of this sort of pissing contest. Posters will say something, Junc will disagree, proof will pop up, Junc will try and hedge his bet by "explaining" just exactly he meant when he said something even though the original post was obvious. Yet "at the same stage of development" when talking about the development of a player is fairly obvious. And i also found it hard to believe that "Marshall doesnt make big plays" after he eviscerated Cromartie last season. Lemme guess: as Marshall is just a stats guy, then the reason the Jets offered their first round pick for him was for fun and giggles. Right?

Marshall is a stat guy, late in the year he is trying to get his #s up, when JMiami really needed him in Nov/early dec he was invisible.

When did the Jets offer a 1st rd pick for him? Why would denver have taken less to send him to Miami if the Jets offered a 1st rounder for him?

I ask again- isn't it funny how you guys have so much more talent than the jets yet you finished way behind us the last 2 years- how does that happen?

Marshall had an off year due to QB struggles, a lack of a running game due to aging running backs and an injured offensive line, and he missed two and a half games due to an injury.

Still though, he had 86 receptions(most in the AFC East), and 1,014 yards. Yeah he only had three touchdowns, but still those numbers are considered a bad year for him, most receivers in this league would call that a career year. Only five players in NFL history has had three straight 100 catch seasons, Marshall is one of them. Plus, he owns the record for most receptions in a game in NFL history and is a two time Pro Bowler. One off season where he still put up big numbers does not diminish that he is a special talent. He definitely deserves to be in the argument of being one of the top 5 receivers currently in the game.

Marshall has never had a good QB so I don't buy the QB struggles excuse. He's a stat guy, it's not a coinicende that he has never been on a playoff team. Miami thought he was one of the missing pieces, they ended up w/ the SAME record.

Marshall is a top 3 talent, he should be much better than he has been. he is a great possession receiver. Holmes is a playmaker.

Vontea is nowhere near Darrelle Revis YET.

You left out a very important word there, Davis is rapidly becoming a "take away his side" cornerback. I know his critics will tell you Smith had a better season but Smith also had more safety help his way, Davis was left to tend to his side usually matched up on the number 1 receiver.

We'll see, I don't think people relaize how great Revis is. He is becoming an all-time great, I don't see Vontae reaching that level but we'll see.

Note better QB, oline, TE, number two receiver, and offensive gameplan.

The excuses never end. Wouldn't having a better #2 eat into his recs?

[video=youtube;BggMrISdRIo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BggMrISdRIo[/video]
That is all.

Wasn't Marshall one of the league leaders in drops? Every WR will drop passes(Holmes had 2 killer drops that probably cost us 2 wins) but Holmes also had a million big catchges- where are those examples for marshall?

No one said wake was overrated but that 2nd sack was a coverage sack and that was the first time in 4 games against us that I saw Wake make a play.

That would have been pretty cool if Wake and Hali played the same time at penn state.

I think it comes from the fact that Wake only did this for one season. Joey Porter had a monster year for you guys back in 08 but outside of that one season he was never a top 5 OLB/DE. If Wake does it again then he'll definitely be ranked much higher.

What's really going to be interesting is if they rank CBs. Revis will be 1 or 2, but it will be interesting to see if and where Cro, Davis and McCourty get ranked.

Still don't know how Orakpo didn't even get consideration.

I think it comes from the fact that Wake only did this for one season. Joey Porter had a monster year for you guys back in 08 but outside of that one season he was never a top 5 OLB/DE. If Wake does it again then he'll definitely be ranked much higher.

What's really going to be interesting is if they rank CBs. Revis will be 1 or 2, but it will be interesting to see if and where Cro, Davis and McCourty get ranked.

I would rank Davis and McCourty ahead of Cromartie. Watching Cro for a year I came away pretty unimpressed for the most part though he played very well our last 2 playoff games.

I didn't catch many Jets games this year, but I was under the impression that Cro started out great then tailed off in the middle part of the season before coming around come playoff time.

I didn't catch many Jets games this year, but I was under the impression that Cro started out great then tailed off in the middle part of the season before coming around come playoff time.

He played pretty well while Revis was hurt outside of the game at Miami where Marshall killed him. He was ok most of the year but not as good as many Jet fans seem to think. He got torced in the Indy playoff game but played really well at NE and at Pitt. The Pitt reg season game Mike Wallace abused him but that didn't happen in the title game.

Back
Top Bottom