Wake 10th ranked pass rusher according to "experts" | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wake 10th ranked pass rusher according to "experts"

And here comes the spinning. My exact quote:

Your rebuttle:

So, i made a claim, you disagreed, i provided proof, and now your telling me "how i made it sound" and you really knew they expressed interest. No where in any of my posts did i suggest the Denver simply liked us better.

Marshall blew up the Jets game. He blew up the Redskins game in 09. He took over the Colts game in 09. He, Elvis, and Champ won the Cowboys game for Denver in 09. He manhandled Cromartie in 08 against the Chargers. To blame Marshall for his team not making it to big games is like blaming Revis for the Jets losing 2 AFC championship games. When he was in Denver, his defense was ranked in the 30's. The one year the defense was competant, McDaniels had a temper tantrum that eventual led to us landing Nolan(no complaints there).

Another big name receiver had a down year. Larry Fitzgerald only had 90 catches and just over 1k yards. So should we blame him for Arizona's struggles? When Fitz had competant quarterback play in a system that allowed him to play to his strengths, he started rewriting the record book. Starting to notice a trend: decent supporting cast= records broken, bad supporting cast= down year. Whoa..eerie.

There's no proof, it's one rumor article. If it was black and white the Jets offered a 1st rd pick there's no doubt Denver takes that deal.

That's great that he killed us in Miami, when has he ever made big plays down the stretch in big games? when has he beena difference maker like santonio Holmes?

Larry Fitz had awful QBs, Marshall had the great Chad henne(you know the guy who is so much better than mark sanchez even though he has never won a big game in his life). 3 different awful QBs started at least 3 games for Arizona and Fitz STILL had 90 recs for 1137 yds and 6 TDs which was more recs, yds, double the TDs and he average a yard more than Marshall.

Don't compare Marshall to Fitz, Fitz is a big game player while Marshall has yet to prove he is one. That doesnt' mean he will never be one but so far he's not.

There's no proof, it's one rumor article. If it was black and white the Jets offered a 1st rd pick there's no doubt Denver takes that deal.

That's great that he killed us in Miami, when has he ever made big plays down the stretch in big games? when has he beena difference maker like santonio Holmes?

Larry Fitz had awful QBs, Marshall had the great Chad henne(you know the guy who is so much better than mark sanchez even though he has never won a big game in his life). 3 different awful QBs started at least 3 games for Arizona and Fitz STILL had 90 recs for 1137 yds and 6 TDs which was more recs, yds, double the TDs and he average a yard more than Marshall.

Don't compare Marshall to Fitz, Fitz is a big game player while Marshall has yet to prove he is one. That doesnt' mean he will never be one but so far he's not.

Junx you are worse than the obese girl who purposely hangs with even fatter girls so that you make yourself feel better - you are so deserving of your crown as worst enemy poster - wearing it proud

Junx you are worse than the obese girl who purposely hangs with even fatter girls so that you make yourself feel better - you are so deserving of your crown as worst enemy poster - wearing it proud

I'd have to concede that the Henne <-> Sanchez comparison did alter from the end of the 09 to 10 seasons: transitioning from "Henne being better than Molepuss to Henne not being appreciably worse" as born out by anyone who watched the 2 of them play - even beyond both's dismal stats. It was a frustrating season where Ryan Fitzpatrick actually metamorphosed from the worst QB in the division to the 2nd best.

As far as the Marshall Holmes comparison goes, thanks to Henne, Henning and an ineffectual ground game, Marshall did take a step back this season from being arguably the 3rd best WR in football, but to even suggest that Holmes, who's barely a top 10 WR is comparable to BM is like comparing the acting chops of Meryl Streep to Tara Reid!

33nun9e-1.jpg

You also forgot to add the fact he had Anquan Boldin prior this year, preventing the frequent bracket coverage. I mean that has nothing to do with it.

As far as the Marshall Holmes comparison goes, thanks to Henne, Henning and an ineffectual ground game, Marshall did take a step back this season from being arguably the 3rd best WR in football, but to even suggest that Holmes, who's barely a top 10 WR is comparable to BM is like comparing the acting chops of Meryl Streep to Tara Reid!

I'll take Holmes over Marshall anyday. Holmes is cheaper, doesn't need the offense to revolve around him and can score more than once in 5+ games.

I'll take Holmes over Marshall anyday. Holmes is cheaper, doesn't need the offense to revolve around him and can score more than once in 5+ games.
And you guys constantly whine about us exhibiting blind homerism.

And you guys constantly whine about us exhibiting blind homerism.

Holmes is half the price of Marshall. Consistently exhibited game breaking ability and works well within our scheme of sharing the ball with 3 other targets. Marshall is the highest paid WR in the NFL, does not turn his catches into TDs (one out of 29) and whines when he's not getting the ball. You can all claim that he's the greatest because of what he did in Denver, but last year, he had an awful year (as compared to what the Top Paying Player at any position is expected to produce). So yea, I'm the homer.

sure you would.. and let me venture anoiher guess

you'd take:
Pace and Thomas over Wake and Misi
Brick over Jake
Ellis over Starks
Scott and Harris over Dansby
Cromartie over Vontae
Pouha over Soliai

and if you had a mulligan and a time machine you would NOT have stayed at 17 in the 09 draft and grabbed Josh Freeman:lol::lol:

clear.gif

sure you would.. and let me venture anoiher guess

you'd take:
Pace and Thomas over Wake and Misi
Brick over Jake
Ellis over Starks
Scott and Harris over Dansby
Cromartie over Vontae
Pouha over Soliai

and if you had a mulligan and a time machine you would NOT have stayed at 17 in the 09 draft and grabbed Josh Freeman:lol::lol:

clear.gif

It's Wake, Pace, Thomas, Misi.
Brick is fine and the pay difference between what he'll get and what Long is getting allows us to sign Mangold and not be stuck with Incognito.
Harris and Scott over Dansby and Crowder any day of the week and twice on Sundays.
Cromartie is our #2, Vontae is your #1. Your #1 might be better than our #2... but our #1 is better than any other #1 so I'll live with whoever is opposite him.
Pouha had a better year than Soliai and he's the BACKUP LOL.
Ellis is every bit as good as Starks but he's about 6 years older than him. In his prime, Ellis was head and shoulders better.
Josh Freeman is great... but Sanchez is Jesus with a stronger arm.

It's Wake, Pace, Thomas, Misi.
Brick is fine and the pay difference between what he'll get and what Long is getting allows us to sign Mangold and not be stuck with Incognito.
Harris and Scott over Dansby and Crowder any day of the week and twice on Sundays.
Cromartie is our #2, Vontae is your #1. Your #1 might be better than our #2... but our #1 is better than any other #1 so I'll live with whoever is opposite him.
Pouha had a better year than Soliai and he's the BACKUP LOL.
Ellis is every bit as good as Starks but he's about 6 years older than him. In his prime, Ellis was head and shoulders better.
Josh Freeman is great... but Sanchez is Jesus with a stronger arm.

point taken on the Vontae Revis comparison. Given that for potential sake I'd take Smith over Cromartie in a heartbeat. Starks is still potentializing, Ellis is on the south side of "plateau." Josh Freeman carries his team, Sanchez is carried by his. You're darn tootin about Wake being better than anything you've got; Pace may or may not be better than Thomas or Misi (not according to my friend the Cardinals season ticket holder who's watched him from the 50 yard line while he was with the team) but Misi and Thomas are a toss up right now and it's only Misi's first year in the league! I did not mention Crowder, like I didn't mention Leonard or Mangold.. so I'm not making comparisons there, but while a case can be made for Harris being marginally better than Dansby - and that's debatable, Dansby is the ILB Scott only imitates verbally! Yes, Brick is functional although he couldn't wipe Jake's butt, and you do get to pay Mangold with that bargain, but like with most bargains on established players, you end up getting what you pay for.

Brick is a 2 time Pro Bowler, so he's a bargain in every sense of the word.

Sanchez is jesus lol freeman is way better!
Sanchez is slightly better than henne..

clear.gif

Back
Top Bottom