Wannstedt is a complete *** | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wannstedt is a complete ***

fin-atic said:
Wins are a team accompishment not a QB accomplishment.

I will give you a hint:

A) The defense has ranked in at or near the top each of the last four years.
B) The running game has ranked in the top half of the league in the last three years
C) The passing game has ranked in the bottom third of the league each of the last four years.

So tell me again why you think Jay is responsible for our winning record?

Bottom line is we have won with defense and running the ball. Despite Jay's sorry impression of an NFL QB.

You say wins are a TEAM accopmlishment. Is passing also not a TEAM accomplishment. While Fiedler may not have been a really good QB over the years, he has been adequate. TEAM? Look at the Oline he has had to deal with. Look at the WRs, some of the worst in the league over the years(as a unit).

You go back on what you say. The TEAM is responsibe for the good, but Fielder is responsible for the bad? It goes both ways bro. YOu can't have it one way, spin it around and call it something different the other way. If you win as a team you LOSE as a team. Want cake? Want to eat it too? Doesn't work that way.

I am defending Jay, yes, by saying he wasn't absolutely crap and wasn't the ONLY reason we have failed as a franchise over the last 4 years. In saying that, we NEED an upgrade at the position.

I am happy Feeley is here and that we have a new starting QB. BUT, we have also upgraded our WR, and our oline can't be any worse than it was last year, so we have potentially upgraded key areas to make the QB look, and perform, a lot better than it has in the past. This year's QB is in a better position to succeed than our QBs in the past 6 - 7 years.

juniorseau55 said:
Jay Fielder can't hit a receiver even if he's open when the game is on the line. Hell he can't even hit a school bus.

What WRs were that wide open? Other then double teamed Chambers I haven't seen many in the past 4 years.

See. the argument can go both ways, is dragged out and tired.

We should all give it a rest.

I think the reason it doesn't die is because to most of us all this Feidler hugging is mind boggling. It is truly hard to wrap your head around. It simply makes no sense to still have faith in this guy. Yet, sadly, alot of people still do.

I'm just commenting, I already been flamed for talking about Jay Fielder and bene called the worst names I ever been called. Jay Fiedler isn't what we need at this moment. We need someone who can get the job done.

pigskinguy said:
I think the reason it doesn't die is because to most of us all this Feidler hugging is mind boggling. It is truly hard to wrap your head around. It simply makes no sense to still have faith in this guy. Yet, sadly, alot of people still do.

Why would it surprise you that Miami fans wouldn't want to bash one of their players?

Sorry I think you guys are way off here. And when you sit down and think about it, you should not expect Dolphin fans to bash one of their players. It doesn't make any sense.

That's why it won't die.

Oliver...

juniorseau55 said:
Jay Fielder can't hit a receiver even if he's open when the game is on the line. Hell he can't even hit a school bus.

Comments like this is why this wont ever die. Posters like you only post things like this for one reason. It is to bait anyone who has any respect for the player named Jay Fiedler and the NFL team the Miami Dolphins.

Fans of a team shouldn't go to extremes like this as often as some of you do. It simply does not make any sense. When you constantly go after a player on a team you are basically using that player as a tool to bash the team he plays for. Think about it!

Oliver...

I understand Oliver and I respect you a lot as poster. Here is the thing pal, it annoys me as much when someone makes Fiedler out to be what he isn't. So we are all tied.

juniorseau55 said:
I understand Oliver and I respect you a lot as poster. Here is the thing pal, it annoys me as much when someone makes Fiedler out to be what he isn't. So we are all tied.

So if someone says he is a proven NFL starter that annoys you? How would that annoy anyone? That's simply a fact.

Believe me it's more annoying when ppl constantly try and rub him out of any winning equation, and always blame him ahead of every other reason as to why the Dolphins lose. I don't see how the TWO sides are even remotely equal. Some just want to use Fiedler as a tool to whine or bash the Dolphins. The other side blames Jay when he is to blame. I have rarely seen the anti-Jay posters ever give any credit to the guy, and they take his being a Miami Dolphin personally. Maybe they need Marino therapy or something, I don’t know.

Now when some ppl come on here and talk about HOF and junk like that I can see your point, but those ppl are just Fiedler bashers looking to stir things up anyway.

Oliver...

My final statement on this thread.

Wins are a team result. To be a championship team it takes all components to function at a high level and Jay has not. He has been good at times, at times not, often injured, gutsy, and smart, but foar at best. But no one has ever said he is the ONLY reason we have had troubles. The OLine has been horrible, the WR's weak, and the defense is slowing down and is not as good as they were. When we cut players like Perry on the line everyone says "yeah! it was about time he wasn't good enough" well Jay is no different. There are players like Perry, Like Jay, like Derrius Thompson, etc that are keeping this team form getting to the next level. I don't single Jay out. All you Huggers do by posting insane crap on here about how we can win the SB with Jay and acting like the guy is a high caliber NFL QB when he is not. When Ricky came in behind Lamar Smith there was a huge difference. They ran behind the same line right? So why does Lamar go for 800-1000 yards and then Ricky goes for 1800? See my point? Now factor in thatvRicky was now making plays and teams had to scheme around him. Lamar had been good. He was a seviceable RB like Jay is a seviceable QB. Had a 1000 plus season. But he was not a playmaker that could bring a threat to the field that can alter a game. Neither is Jay.

I don;t know how to make it any clearer than that. What Ricky brought to the running game we need AJ or anybody, to bring to the QB position. If you need a playmaker at any position it should be the QB position.

I mean I don't hate Fiedler Really but he just dissapears on us when we need him. Or just has awful performances after injury. In reality we have to admit that Fiedler has taken many hits due to our crappy offensive line and he has stood up. We just need someone else to lead our team.

juniorseau55 said:
I mean I don't hate Fiedler Really but he just dissapears on us when we need him. Or just has awful performances after injury. In reality we have to admit that Fiedler has taken many hits due to our crappy offensive line and he has stood up. We just need someone else to lead our team.

I can't disagree with that. Jay is involved in the blame game, and without doubt when the QB was needed to step up in some BIG games he has not shown up.

I agree, this is why I would like to see Feeley start. Jay is old and is injury prone. Feeley just has a lot more upside at this point IMO. I see no reason why the youth movement shouldn't happen at the QB position as well.

Oliver...

I Think What He Was Trying To Say Is We Are Happy With Our Qb's No Need To Over Pay For A Warner Or Collins They Both Suck!!!!!

The years we have struggled I wouldn't blame on fielder, or else we wouldn't of won 10 games or more every year. I blame it on the whole attitude of the team...We're not a 'comeback' team, nor a 'winter' team, it's all because they're never pumped to win during those times, no matter if we have a good qb or not its the WHOLE team that's the problem at times.

Here are my final comments on the Jay Fiedler debate.

Jay Fiedler is a decent, average NFL QB. With the proper talent around him, he is capable of winning football games against any NFL team. The last 4 years have demonstrated that fact clearly. The Fins have not won often enough against the top teams, but they have won. Those that claim they cannot win with Fiedler are just being a$$es.

Refuting ridiculous statements made by posters with an axe to grind is not 'Fiedler Hugging'. There are several people on this board that can read the simple statement 'Fiedler is not a great QB, but he is not as bad as people claim...' and somehow conclude that the writer of the statement thinks Fiedler is a great QB. It makes no sense, but then I realize that these posters aren't trying to make sense. They are just being idiots. It is simply what comes natural to them.

It is annoying to have to wade through post after post filled with drivel, just to get to posts made by people trying to have an intelligent debate.

Frankly the debate hasn't really been about Fiedler for a long time. It has been about people getting their rocks off by being stupid.

Thank God (or AJ) for the ignore list.

Back
Top Bottom