Wannstedt is a complete *** | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wannstedt is a complete ***

Justasportsfan said:
you haven't been posting long enough to know what Oliver is all about. A huge Fiedler fan who's ran out of excuses to defend Fiedler.

Thats what is so funny. He has to defend a starting QB with an excellent winning % on a message forum for that QB's team. All while the backups of the QB have a lousy record over the same time period. It just doesn't add up.

I have never said Fiedler is a great QB, but he doesn't deserve the crap posted on this forum.

Gaphinfan said:
Ramsey deserves to have a chance to throw to Boston Chambers and McMichael.

I find it hard to believe that people still think Ramsey is available. Why won't that Ramsey thing die? :shakeno:

In fact, Brunell struggled during his first days at mini-camp (sound familiar?). Ramsey has his foot out of the boot and is fully recovered from his injury and is trying to win the starting position...

Redskins | Ramsey Not Wanting To Be Backup - from www.KFFL.com
Mon, 3 May 2004 16:04:20 -0700

Edward Lee, of the Baltimore Sun, reports Washington Redskins QB Patrick Ramsey has no intention of being a backup to Redskins QB Mark Brunell. "It's not something I'm going to contemplate right now," Ramsey said Sunday, May 2, at the conclusion of the Redskins' weekend minicamp. "We're not out to get one another. We're just out there to compete, and the best guy is going to win."

If Fieder truely sucked then we would have losing seasons thorught his stay in Miami. We dont he brings a veteran leadership tob the team and if hes backup he can teach A.J mentally about being calm. Jay is calm under pressure but not to the point of completeing his throws

34RWilliams said:
If Fieder truely sucked then we would have losing seasons thorught his stay in Miami. We dont he brings a veteran leadership tob the team and if hes backup he can teach A.J mentally about being calm. Jay is calm under pressure but not to the point of completeing his throws
Wins are a team accompishment not a QB accomplishment.

I will give you a hint:

A) The defense has ranked in at or near the top each of the last four years.
B) The running game has ranked in the top half of the league in the last three years
C) The passing game has ranked in the bottom third of the league each of the last four years.

So tell me again why you think Jay is responsible for our winning record?

Bottom line is we have won with defense and running the ball. Despite Jay's sorry impression of an NFL QB.

fin-atic said:

I will give you a hint:

B) The running game has ranked in the top half of the league in the last three years
C) The passing game has ranked in the bottom third of the league each of the last four years.

Bottom line is we have won with defense and running the ball. Despite Jay's sorry impression of an NFL QB.

since jay has been here the dolphins have when 41-23. Not bad. Should be better. Jay as a starter has went 32-15. Again nice stat. Should be better. And the record when jay did not start. 8-9 hmmmmmm Why did the defense win them games that fiedler did not start?

FinfanInBuffalo said:
You make this just too easy.

1. I didn't say you didn't support you opinion with facts. I said you ignore facts that don't support your opinion. Here are just some examples from this message:
a- we have gotten worse every year - 2000 - 11-5 & 1st round playoff loss, 2001 - 11-5 & one playoff win, 2002 - 9-7, 2003 - 10-6. But hey, why should reality matter?
b- Jay crumbled against Minn in 2002. The offense scored EVERY TIME it had the ball in the 2nd half against Minn. The defense crumbled, IMO. What game were you watching? This is clearly one of your BIASED OPINIONS. Just because you label your opinions as facts, doesn't mean anyone has to accept them as facts.
c- Jay crumbled against NE in 2002. Another OPINION. Special teams and defense lost that game, IMO. Do you even know the difference between fact and opinion?

You also leave out performances against Wash and Philly last year as well as Denv and Oak in 2002. You bash Feeley for his lack of NFL experience, yet scream for Rivers. You trash Fielder yet scream for two QBs that have won fewer games in the last 4 years and have been booted from their teams. BTW, Brunell and Garcia and Warner have also missed signficant playing time. Why is that FACT ignored by you?

You have been exposed. No objective reader takes you seriously.

Yet you started a post saying EVERYONE would agree....strange....

That is your opinion. I see potential improvements at QB, OL, as well as with several individuals - McMichael, Chambers, Smith ....

The difference between you and the others is that they are FANS OF THE MIAMI DOLPHINS. Point me to one post saying that AJ is the next Marino.....

They have averaged 10 wins per year. Even you admit to at least one improvement. Why then, are 11 or 12 wins not possible?

And what does that have to do with your biased repetitive, and inaccurate posts?

Unarmed....you're funny

1. I see nothing in your history that changes my opinion that this team has not gotten any better.

2. Check Jay's stats in the NE game and the MIN game:

NE: 11/25 110 yrds

Of that 110 yrds, 33 yards and the TD came on one play to Mcknight. That means for the other 14:45 of the game Jay went 10/24 for 77yrds. yep that's the facts. In a game when we needed playmakers and a leader to step up that was Jay's contribution.

MIN: 15/21 for 177 yards. on the first possesion he hit Chambers, who came back for a way underthrown pass, juked the DB and went 59yrds for a TD. So that means for the rest of the game Jay went 14/20 for 118 yards. Now throw in there that Minnesota had the LAST place pass defense in the league.
And it took a stud play by Chambers to make anything happpen. And still for the remaining 14:45 of that game Jay could do no better.

Sorry, but those are facts and YOUR credibility has been shot. There were other reasons we did not win, I agree. But Jay clearly did not show up.

Why do I think 11 and 12 wins are not possible? Because I do not believe we have solved the problem at QB or OLine and coaching. We have no idea what to expect on the line. The defense started showing signs of aging and they are not getting younger this year. And the teams in our division got better.

I am as big or bigger fan than anyone on this board. What? Am I not a fan because it makes me puke that Marino played for 17 years and never won a ring? Because I see Zach, Taylor, and Madison winding down their careers with no real shot at winning. I see bust after bust each year. Because I want my team and my players to win SO bad that I am not tolerating that we have missed the playoffs now TWO years in a row? Enough is enough. When we exited the playoffs it has been in embarrassing fashion. I mean really? When was the last time this team was a threat? And yet year after year we have more talent than many of the teams that go in compete and win. Why? Why?
Because of coaching, because of poor personnel decisions, and some piss poor key players not pulling their weight.

If being a fan means jumping up and down and clapping and breaking into a sweat everytime that Wanny or Speil step up to the microphone and buying their Bull S-hit hook, line and sinker, then I am not a fan. But I am no homer. And I deal with the truth. As long as this team fails to compete with the better teams and this administration fails to solve it, then as I have said, the facts are in my favor. While you slap yourself on the back for sweeping the lowly Bills and Jets remember we got swept by the Pats. They won it all. twice in the last three years. We haven't seen an AFC championship game since when? 12 years!!!

I am a fan. I want to win. In the last three years I have seen our division rivals win the Super Bowl twice, our state rival win it once. And we can't even compete with the best teams in the playoffs.

Its our time. It was time for sweeping changes. They have not happened. So I am not happy.

You don't like my opinions than I suggest you put me on ignore. because I am not going anywhere.

Iryman said:
since jay has been here the dolphins have when 41-23. Not bad. Should be better. Jay as a starter has went 32-15. Again nice stat. Should be better. And the record when jay did not start. 8-9 hmmmmmm Why did the defense win them games that fiedler did not start?

Its the difference between being bad or fair.

With Jay in we are a fair team. With Ray Lucas and Brian Griese in we were a poor team.

But with Jay in we will never be a great or Championship team. He has had four years and has proven he can not play at that level.

fin-atic said:
1. I see nothing in your history that changes my opinion that this team has not gotten any better.

2. Check Jay's stats in the NE game and the MIN game:

NE: 11/25 110 yrds

Of that 110 yrds, 33 yards and the TD came on one play to Mcknight. That means for the other 14:45 of the game Jay went 10/24 for 77yrds. yep that's the facts. In a game when we needed playmakers and a leader to step up that was Jay's contribution.

And an 10 point lead with 5 minutes to go when the special teams collapsed....

Since you seem infatuated with the Pats:
MIA: J.Fiedler 11-25-0-110.
NE: T.Brady 25-44-1-221

Double Fiedlers attempts and you get 22-50-0-220. Not that far off from the QB on a team that you idolize. Hm.....Maybe is was a tough defensive battle? Damn, I hate it when facts get in the way.

fin-atic said:
MIN: 15/21 for 177 yards. on the first possesion he hit Chambers, who came back for a way underthrown pass, juked the DB and went 59yrds for a TD. So that means for the rest of the game Jay went 14/20 for 118 yards. Now throw in there that Minnesota had the LAST place pass defense in the league.
And it took a stud play by Chambers to make anything happpen. And still for the remaining 14:45 of that game Jay could do no better.

Sorry, but those are facts and YOUR credibility has been shot. There were other reasons we did not win, I agree. But Jay clearly did not show up.

Once again, pick and choose the facts that match your opinion. 15-21 is an excellent completion %. The offense was designed to play a high % passing, run first offense because our defense was supposed to be able to stop people. The offense scored every time it had the ball. PERIOD. The rest is just fluff. The defense could not stop Minn. The loss is on them.

Once again you leave out any reference to the other 4 games I mention. Why? because they don't support your ridiculous claims.
[/QUOTE]

fin-atic said:
Why do I think 11 and 12 wins are not possible? Because I do not believe we have solved the problem at QB or OLine and coaching. We have no idea what to expect on the line. The defense started showing signs of aging and they are not getting younger this year. And the teams in our division got better.

Well I disagree and we'll just have to wait and see.

fin-atic said:
I am as big or bigger fan than anyone on this board. What? Am I not a fan because it makes me puke that Marino played for 17 years and never won a ring? Because I see Zach, Taylor, and Madison winding down their careers with no real shot at winning. I see bust after bust each year. Because I want my team and my players to win SO bad that I am not tolerating that we have missed the playoffs now TWO years in a row? Enough is enough. When we exited the playoffs it has been in embarrassing fashion. I mean really? When was the last time this team was a threat? And yet year after year we have more talent than many of the teams that go in compete and win. Why? Why?
Because of coaching, because of poor personnel decisions, and some piss poor key players not pulling their weight.

If being a fan means jumping up and down and clapping and breaking into a sweat everytime that Wanny or Speil step up to the microphone and buying their Bull S-hit hook, line and sinker, then I am not a fan. But I am no homer. And I deal with the truth. As long as this team fails to compete with the better teams and this administration fails to solve it, then as I have said, the facts are in my favor. While you slap yourself on the back for sweeping the lowly Bills and Jets remember we got swept by the Pats. They won it all. twice in the last three years. We haven't seen an AFC championship game since when? 12 years!!!

I am a fan. I want to win. In the last three years I have seen our division rivals win the Super Bowl twice, our state rival win it once. And we can't even compete with the best teams in the playoffs.

Its our time. It was time for sweeping changes. They have not happened. So I am not happy.

fin-atic said:
You don't like my opinions than I suggest you put me on ignore. because I am not going anywhere.

Blah, blah, blah.....

Same tired, whiney, no point argument. I'm a true fan because I whine the most!

Welcome to my ignore list. I've never read a signal post from you that was worth reading anyway.

pigskinguy said:
OK, first, This is the first I have heard you say Feeley should start.
Second, and more imprtantly, Please pick a side and stick to it. How can you think Fiedler is capable of taking us to the Super Bowl, but yet think Feeley should be the starter (I pause as you take you foot from your mouth) :D
C'mon dude, one or the other. Unless you are on the same page as H. Wayne and think Feeley is the next Marino?

I have picked a side. Feeley is who I as a Dolphins fan I would like to see start. You sure don't like to take YES as an answer. However I will not rewrite history and what took place with Fiedler as the starter.

He was a proven NFL starting QB, none of you Jay haters, (scuse me if you are not a Jay hater, but you sure act like one) can change what actually took place. Jay helped to win many games for this franchise.

Jay can take this team to a Super Bowl because it is stacked with talen both on the D side and O side. IMO the biggest problem this offense had in the past was the WR corps. That obviously is no longer a problem. And just as important WR coach Ford is no longer here. I thought he was dragging that unit down for years.

Because of that I feel if Jay ends up being the starter I will not be upset, because I feel he is a good QB who was playing with one of the worst WR corps in the NFL since he's been the starter in Miami. That situation has now changed. Still doesn't change my POV about Feeley. I think this offense will play it's best with Feeley, because he has more upside, he is younger and he has a stronger arm than Jay. Arm stength is not the most important thing, but when everything else is close or equal why not let arm strength decide things?

That's my opinion, and I have taken a side for this season. If something changes I may change my opinion. Everyone has that right when circumstances change.

Oliver...

Justasportsfan said:
Oliver...

You're not fooling anyone Oliver. You are so transparent we can see "I love Jay" tattooed in your heart. Youre just using his age and injuries as excuses.A Fiedler Apologist.

Feely is young but hasn't proven anything and yet you want him to start when JF like you say is proven?

Yes I think Jay is a good QB, however I feel Feeley could be much better. I don't see what the problem is.

As far as loving Fiedler, nah that ain't my bag man. More power to you if you love players. I'm a Dolphins fan, not a players fan. Never have been, never will be.

Oliver...

fin-atic said:

I will give you a hint:

You make that too simple. If that were the case when Lucas and son of Bob went in the Dolphins would have kept winning. The FACT is they didn't, and most ppl who are fair give Jay his just props for the team wins. This is a team built upon D, special teams and the rushing attack. They are the main reasons this team has won games, but it is not the only reason. Some need to stop being biased and give credit where credit is due. The QB position is too important for it to be removed from the win equation. Atleast by ppl who try not to bash and slam a player for personal reasons.

This is where my problem with you comes from. You do everything to minimize and belittle Jay whenever you get a chance. For me this is not a rational POV and and the frequency and pleasure you take in doing this makes me think it is for personal reasons. As a fan everyone cannot agree with every player move, but at some point the love for the team should take over and support for even a player you may not agree with should in time change to support. No one is sayng you have to praise that player, but there's no darn reason to take very opportunity to slam that player, who happens to be a Dolphins player. It makes no sense. It would make more sense to simply let it go because after all that player is on your fav team.

Honestly if you ever take the time to think about it, I think you may just get it.

Oliver...

BATMAN said:
This guy is just too stupid

Here's what he said after the first practice concerning his qb's.

''We're set with the guys we have,'' Wannstedt said. ``We like the guys we have, and we're going to focus on getting them better.''

HAHAHAHAHHA..

Hey Dave!! Why don't you give Fielder another 4 yrs and see if he "improves."

I said this before. Fielder is as good as he is ever going to get. Period.
He sucked yr1 and he sucked yr4.
I can't believe this guy is still on the roster. I heard they were going to bring in Feeley and cut Fielder. But NO! Let's restructure his contract and let him compete for the job. LOLOLOL

Common sense says that if there is a problem. Fix it. Just don't let it be and hope it fixes itself. What an idiot.

QB has been the weakest spot on this team since Marino left. We could have Randy Moss and Marvin Harrison as our WR and Fielder would turn them mediocre. They would end the season with 50 catches at most.
David Boston will be fed up by mid season if Fielder is at qb..
UG. Another season with a lame *** qb.

I can only hope that Feeley plays.

Batman, please go find Robin, hoppin, spasgantic, nerderfreud...this post is crazy...

What's crazy about the post is that BATMAN is not correctly interpeting coachspeak. (Notice I said coachspeak, not Wannyspeak).

''We're set with the guys we have,'' Wannstedt said. "We like the guys we have, and we're going to focus on getting them better.''

means

"No, we're not going to troll the June 1 cuts to add another quarterback, so don't even go there, fellas."

ohall said:
I have picked a side. Feeley is who I as a Dolphins fan I would like to see start. You sure don't like to take YES as an answer. However I will not rewrite history and what took place with Fiedler as the starter.

He was a proven NFL starting QB, none of you Jay haters, (scuse me if you are not a Jay hater, but you sure act like one) can change what actually took place. Jay helped to win many games for this franchise.

Jay can take this team to a Super Bowl because it is stacked with talen both on the D side and O side. IMO the biggest problem this offense had in the past was the WR corps. That obviously is no longer a problem. And just as important WR coach Ford is no longer here. I thought he was dragging that unit down for years.

Because of that I feel if Jay ends up being the starter I will not be upset, because I feel he is a good QB who was playing with one of the worst WR corps in the NFL since he's been the starter in Miami. That situation has now changed. Still doesn't change my POV about Feeley. I think this offense will play it's best with Feeley, because he has more upside, he is younger and he has a stronger arm than Jay. Arm stength is not the most important thing, but when everything else is close or equal why not let arm strength decide things?

That's my opinion, and I have taken a side for this season. If something changes I may change my opinion. Everyone has that right when circumstances change.

Oliver...
Well I guess we will just agree to disagree on this one. I simply can't see how this team wins a Super Bowl with Fiedler. You obvious think otherwise. Hopefully it is a moot point now , because Feely will win the starting job amd we all will be happy :party:

Figures the guy from Buffalo goes and hides as soon as he loses an argument.

Bah-bye...

See ya!

Hasta la vista baby!

I like the way you pick four game in four years that Jay played well in and thinks that means he is a great QB. :) :)

Anyone who is still clinging to Fiedler needs to thave their head examined. And then when they make arrogant comments questioning my football knowledge, it jus tmake them look bad. There is not a single media, or league analyst who thinks Jay is the right man for the job. The team doesn't think so either or AJ would not be here. But you knwo more then me and all of them and the team. Oh you are sooooooo great...NOT!

I am sorry i have resisted using this term for a while but you deserve it...FIEDLER HUGGER!!!

Ahhhh...that felt good.

I am now bored with you officially. No challenge.

I hope you have me on ignore. You can take me off when you are ready to run with the big dogs.

Back
Top Bottom