Wannstedt is a complete *** | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wannstedt is a complete ***

BATMAN said:
...Wannstedts' stupid idea of running the ball, playing good defense, and not turning the ball over gets you very low scoring games. Sometime the defense lets down a little...

Well Batman, that's really what it comes down to...you don't like Wannstedts philosophy and you think it is stupid. :roflmao:

First, running the ball and having a great defense is NOT stupid. That is how the Dolphins went 17-0. That is a philosophy that many great coaches have used with great success...Shula, Parcells, Gibbs, Noll, Landry, Jimmy Johnson, etc... It relies on the premise that Defense wins championships.

This style of play may de-value the QB position. The Running Back is the centerpiece of the offensive attack. The offensive line has to take care of their assignments. The WR's need to take advantage of every opportunity. The QB needs to lead and get the ball in the hands of the playmakers.

Fans who want a hero QB won't be happy with this system. This team doesn't equal it's QB. This is a team that values Defense, the running game, special teams, and an opportunistic passing game. That's the way it is folks.

Fans don't get to set the philosophy. Fans forget that we had the greatest QB to walk the planet...paired with the greatest coach and after 17 years won zero superbowls. It was exciting to watch. But, the goal was never reached.

As fans our job is to be fans. We all can gripe and complain that we don't get "our way"... But at the end of the day, there is no better team that I would rather invest my time in than the Miami Dolphins. Do I get my way about how the team is designed? Nope. Do I attack the head coach because he doesn't do things my way? Nope. That would be childish.

It's a privilege to be a Dolphin fan and our players are busting their collective tails to field the best possible TEAM. We don't have the greatest QB's on the planet. So what! The goal is the superbowl and what I want has nothing to do with getting us there.

I think Wanny is a good coach. I don't think anyone could have won with our offense last year. That's why Wanny isn't calling all the shots with personnel anymore.

I'm just kind of taken aback sometimes with the way people seem to think they know more than he does. I mean, the guy has dedicated his entire life to football. We, on the other hand, are armchair QBs. He's forgotten more football than we'll ever know.

Last edited by a moderator:
ohall said:
You don't speak for everyone. You may however speak for the majority of other teams fans in our division though.

Oliver...

Uncalled for attack. How about some relief here Mods???

Dude you have issues. You claim to have this "knowledge" of football and yet you turn around and prove you don't have enough to coach a Pop Warner team to a winless season. You give Jay credit for the TEAM'S record. This team won because of defense first and running the ball second. You then try and point out what about the years prior to Ricky?? Well Lamar went for over 1000 one of those years and close to it the other. So the bottom line is this team won despite Jay. He had some games here and there. I recall the Oakland game a few years ago, and the Dallas game last year. But for the most part he has not been an effective playmaker or difference maker. He is injury prone and he has given it all he has got. The point is well made to think about how many more games we would have won and should have won if we had a competent QB. And Jay has disappeared completely in every key game either in the playoffs or in a game to win a playoff spot. He chokes.

Now you can make your little sissy digs on me about acting like a rival fan. But my arguments are always supported by facts. Until you can prove them wrong, you can kiss my a$$ and go cuddle up with your Jay Bobble head.. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

PhinstiGator said:
Well Batman, that's really what it comes down to...you don't like Wannstedts philosophy and you think it is stupid. :roflmao:

First, running the ball and having a great defense is NOT stupid. That is how the Dolphins went 17-0. That is a philosophy that many great coaches have used with great success...Shula, Parcells, Gibbs, Noll, Landry, Jimmy Johnson, etc... It relies on the premise that Defense wins championships.

Yea, but look at those teams and who was quarterbacking them at the time.
I'm a HUGE Ricky Williams fan. I think he's great. But you have a qb that has proven over the last 4 yrs, not 1 yr, that he can't do the job. And still Wannstedt is giving him the chance to compete for the job.

I love when Wanny said after last season that upgrading the qb position is top priority in the off season. Well here we are and Fielder might be the starter..LOLOLOL

UNREAL!!!

As long as you guys have Wanny as your coach, you guys are going nowhere. And this is coming from a Pats fan who has seen time and time again Wanny get outdueled in a close game by BB's game planning.

fin-atic said:

Dude you have issues. You claim to have this "knowledge" of football and yet you turn around and prove you don't have enough to coach a Pop Warner team to a winless season. You give Jay credit for the TEAM'S record. This team won because of defense first and running the ball second. You then try and point out what about the years prior to Ricky?? Well Lamar went for over 1000 one of those years and close to it the other. So the bottom line is this team won despite Jay. He had some games here and there. I recall the Oakland game a few years ago, and the Dallas game last year. But for the most part he has not been an effective playmaker or difference maker. He is injury prone and he has given it all he has got. The point is well made to think about how many more games we would have won and should have won if we had a competent QB. And Jay has disappeared completely in every key game either in the playoffs or in a game to win a playoff spot. He chokes.

Now you can make your little sissy digs on me about acting like a rival fan. But my arguments are always supported by facts. Until you can prove them wrong, you can kiss my a$$ and go cuddle up with your Jay Bobble head.. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

MODS help, I was attacked, help me please!

What a joke you are.

You do not speak for most Dolphin fans. Please don't speak for me in the future. The last person on this MBoard I want speaking for me would be you. In fact I'd rather have justafan do that before you.

Oliver...

ohall said:
Then why is it the Dolphins lose so many games when Jay is not in there? I'm not saying he's the reason the Dolphins have won all those games, but he most certainly cannot be removed from the credit. Some of you sure as heck try, but level headed ppl know that's not the right thing to do.

Again, I think Feeley should be the starter, because Jay is OLD and he has proven to be a injury prone. It's simply time to move on, but there's no reason to re-write history either!

Oliver...

God you dont' get it do you? You are also contradicting yourself, if Jay Fiedler was superbowl quality then why dont you want Fiedler to start over
feeley. When you are clearly saying that Feeley should be the starter.

juniorseau55 said:
God you dont' get it do you? You are also contradicting yourself, if Jay Fiedler was superbowl quality then why dont you want Fiedler to start over

OK lil engine that could, I'll say it again just for you. I think Feeley should start because he is younger, he has more upside and because Jay is OLD and he has proven to be injury prone.

Contridict myself, how?

Oliver...

fin-atic said:

Now you can make your little sissy digs on me about acting like a rival fan. But my arguments are always supported by facts. Until you can prove them wrong, you can kiss my a$$ and go cuddle up with your Jay Bobble head.. :

:roflmao: :roflmao:

I bet oliver has a Jay Fiedler Teddy bear and everything cause to this date he still defends him for the bull he has done on this team.

:mdfin: :mdfin: :mdfin:

BATMAN said:
Yea, but look at those teams and who was quarterbacking them at the time...

Those teams had good QB's. The Phins won with Earl Morrall and Bob Griese. Not great arms according to today's standards...but, it was a great fit for the system. Csonka, Kick, Mercury Morris, offensive line and that no-name defense should get a little credit with that team.

The Steelers had Bradshaw. His lifetime QB rating is less than Fielder's and his offensive unit was loaded with all-pros. Bradshaws numbers would be alot worse without Franco Harris, Rocky Blier, Lynn Swann, John Stalworth, and that offensive line. The real greatness of the team was the Defense...the Steel Curtain. Bradshaw was great for his era...yet, his lifetime 2 more TD's (212) than INT's (210) would bring a constant moan from the Dolphin fans.

The Redskins won with Theisman & Doug Williams...hardly the driving force behind the team. Yet, we all remember John Riggins and those big hogs on the offensive line.

The Landry led Cowboys had Roger Staubach. He was much better than his 10th round draft position indicates. Even though I hated the Cowboys...he was truly great. Yet, he had Tony Dorsett and a dominant defense...a great key to success.

Jimmy's Cowboys were not built around Aikman. It was the Triplets and that Defense again. Emmit Smith made that offense work together with a dominant offensive line.

Parcells had Phil Simms. Yee haaa! He also had Laurance Taylor. He plays a field position style of game and attempts to wear down the opponent and cause them to make mistakes. A commitment to the running game makes the defense better. Parcells ran the ball 2 more attempts per game last year than we did. The commitment to run the ball is still a blueprint for success.

The Design of the Miami Dolphin team is proven. The talent has to be there to carry it out. I would suggest that the offensive line and their success will have just as much to do with the final outcome of this season as the highly exalted QB position.

juniorseau55 said:
:roflmao: :roflmao:

I bet oliver has a Jay Fiedler Teddy bear and everything cause to this date he still defends him for the bull he has done on this team.

:mdfin: :mdfin: :mdfin:

WoW, that was really insightful and that post completely raised the level of debate in this THREAD. Job well done juniorjuniorjuniorjuniorjuniorjuniorjuniorjunior55.

Oliver...

ohall said:
WoW, that was really insightful and that post completely raised the level of debate in this THREAD. Job well done juniorjuniorjuniorjuniorjuniorjuniorjuniorjunior55.

Oliver...

I hope you can take a joke, nothing against you Oliver. I like reading your posts but You need to lay off the Jay Fiedler Bobblehead... :lol:

juniorseau55 said:

I am going to have to agree with OHall on this here. Jay in no means is a superbowl caliber QB. He never said that. infact earlier in this thread he said that exact same thing. He did say he deserves to the starting QB of this team in years prior to this season. And i also agree with Oliver when he said that Jays time is up. He is getting old and injury prone. Time to pass the tourch. It is AJ's time to try to step up the the level of the team. Everyone says that the D is what won all of the games well. since jay has been here the dolphins have when 41-23. Not bad. Should be better. Jay as a starter has went 32-15. Again nice stat. Should be better. And the record when jay did not start. 8-9 :eek: What. We have a losing record when Jay did not start. How is that if the D won all of the them 32 victories that jay started and won. I know!!!!!!! Duh. Dave sabatoged the team to make is boy look better. HUH. Must be the only reason. LOL

fin-atic said:

Maybe you wouldn't get those responses if you weren't so arrogant, and REPETITIVE! Every post of yours that states what 'EVERYONE' thinks is just more fuel to the fire. You get what you give.

You conveniently ignore all facts that don't support your twisted view of reality. You claim to speak the truth, but your opinions are biased, boring, and weak.

Back
Top Bottom