Watch this Space: Victor Cruz | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Watch this Space: Victor Cruz

jamvinny

Practice Squad
Reaction score
A few weeks ago I was thinking about all the options at WR in terms of FA and trades. Larry Fitz has been mentioned on this board and quite rightly so he is class and a great WR. But one name that I pondered on for a while was Victor Cruz. I was trying to consider if he would be a good fit in Miami and the positives outweighed the cons. He is young dynamic, fast and spectacular. Off the field he is a popular guy in the Hispanic community. Stephen Ross is looking for an exciting product with people coming to see it. There seems to be a fit with Victor Cruz as a player who would be a playmaking threat on the field as well as a marketable commodity who would attract the local fan market in Miami.

He is currently renegotiating a new contract but its not going well as the Giants do not want to overpay him. There is talk off a possible holdout and Cruz becoming a Restricted Free Agent.

Jeff Ireland has said all options are open including trades in acquring players this offseason.

I'm not saying Cruz to Miami is going to happen. But there is food for thought to why it could happen.

Here is the links http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/ugly-cruz-big-blue-article-1.1253448

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...-mara-victor-cruz-asking-too-much-from-giants

Last edited by a moderator:
V.Cruz is a special player that never have an opportunity to play somewhere other than NY for the next few years.

Even if he holds out he's not going anywhere, NY holds all the cards and would be out of their minds to let him go anywhere else. The NYG are a well run franchise they won't let talent just walk away... ask Osi!

Special player but isnt he a Giants fan from New York? He would be expensive costing a first round pick, but I think the Giants will get a deal done with him anyway.

V.Cruz is a special player that never have an opportunity to play somewhere other than NY for the next few years.

Even if he holds out he's not going anywhere, NY holds all the cards and would be out of their minds to let him go anywhere else. The NYG are a well run franchise they won't let talent just walk away... ask Osi!

NY want him to remain a Giant. But if they cant get a deal done I wonder if Miami could turn his head by offering him a lucrative offer. The allure of our tropical weather and Latin American/Hispanic community might sweeten him.

It's early. Those reports come put simply to taper Cruz's expectations and try to make him pull back. The owner says stuff like this to get the fans and media on ownership's side.

Cruz loves NY and is a seriously big-time player. They'd be nuts to let him test the market, even with a tender.

(but could you imagine the love he would get in South Florida...)

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys are so sure to say Victor Cruz isn't going anywhere, but you all must forget how regularly the Giants switch out receivers each year. Idk but it seems as if each year the Giants draft a receiver in the 3rd or 2nd round, they sometimes even draft 2 and they possibly prepared for the worst with Cruz by drafting Reuben Randle last year. All I'm saying is in the eyes of the Giants, Victor is expendable.

I love Victor Cruz. He's a really talented players who make those around him better. He has a fantastic attitude and it is addictive. With the Giants missing the playoffs after just winning the Super Bowl, plus losing Mario Manningham to the 9ers, I doubt they are willing to part ways with Cruz. In the end, they'll pay him.

Giants have no cap and going to lose Osi along with a few cuts like S Phillps. The GM has said that they would put the restricted tag on him. 1st round pick would be the cost if Miami offers him a deal the Giants cannot match. I think this is Miami's best option with the #12 pick as it stands. But I would still try to trade down and then offer a great deal to Cruz.

Giants just do not have the cap to keep the wealth of talent that they have right now. But that does not mean they won't replace those players quickly. They have proven to be great at scouting talent and finding great players from the draft. I think the Giants will have 2 first round picks this year. Someone will offer Cruz a deal they cannot match due to cap and other players.

Cruz is a RFA, and would cost a 1st and a 3rd AND 10+M a year.

Think I would rather roll with Wallace and those picks personally.

Cruz is a RFA, and would cost a 1st and a 3rd AND 10+M a year.

Think I would rather roll with Wallace and those picks personally.

I don't have an issue for a 8-10 Mil contract for Cruz.

But I thought the tender about was just a 1st round pick.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/page/2/

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/01/2013-nfl-restricted-free-agent-tender-amounts-announced/

I would prefer to let Hartline walk and use the 4-5 mil for him to go towards securing Bowe and Cruz. We would not have a 1st, but would have two very good WR's and we have the ammo to fill in other holes during the draft.

Bowe and Cruz would give Tanny some great targets and keep defenses honest.

Back
Top Bottom