Watch this Space: Victor Cruz | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Watch this Space: Victor Cruz

By saying in the Giants eyes he's expendable, that's when!

What track record of letting young great players go does the Giants have? They let M.Manningham go and he's far from anything but a #3 receiver. I just don't see the point your trying to make. V.Cruz will be a NYG for a long time, period.
I really don't understand why you Finheaven guys always act like the experts, and you're telling me what I believe now haha. Ok dude, take it down a tone and when you get hired at ESPN I'll give you some credibility. As for the point I'm trying to make is that the New York Giants draft one or two receivers annually, they really could live without Victor Cruz not saying they would let him go, but I wouldn't put it past them especially if he demands too much money.

I really don't understand why you Finheaven guys always act like the experts, and you're telling me what I believe now haha. Ok dude, take it down a tone and when you get hired at ESPN I'll give you some credibility.

Okay, okay you win, by the way NE believes Brady is expendable. They have a history of dumping QB's....Bledsoe, Cassell etc... Brady's next! Can't wait to sign him.

Okay, okay you win, by the way NE believes Brady is expendable. They have a history of dumping QB's....Bledsoe, Cassell etc... Brady's next! Can't wait to sign him.
And it's statements like these, that proves to me that you still live in your mothers basement playing NFL Analyst on your laptop. Have fun, don't play for too long the screen will hurt your eyes.

The ignorance displayed in some of these posts is truly astounding.

The Giants are in deep deep deep cap hell!

They aren't just a little disadvantaged here, they are on their knees with a gun to their head.

Unlike the US government they can't spend money they don't have.

Yes, they may sign Cruz to a long term deal, but I seriously doubt that is even in their plans at all.

They want to tender him and have another team offer him a contract and give up their 1st round pick. Nothing could be better for their team, but Cruz and his agent are threatening a hold out.
If they tender him 3mil and he holds out, they get nothing and it would probably cost them their LT Will Beatty, who is young,highly ranked, and an UFA.

As it is they are going to be gutting their team just to stay in business. Boley is gone, Diehl and Locklear are going to be gone. Blackburn won't be brought back, even Antrel Rolle will probably be gone if they give Cruz the long term deal.

Yes, it could happen that they keep him, but the sacrifice would be huge and downright stupid IMO.

They may trade him. There is no risk in trading him, and yes, you can totally trade RFA's. Trading him eliminates the risk of his holding out in case Cruz doesn't get offered a deal from another team; however IMO, it would be a forgone conclusion that if Cruz is tendered the Patriots would give up their late 1st and sign him to a long term deal.

You guys who think the Giants would try to match an offer in the 50 mil range just aren't paying attention.

This is what the Dolphins really really really do not want to happen! Cruz to the Pats would be catastrophic! Cruz is the perfect WR for Brady.

Yes I advocate the trade for Cruz. It would be a very smart and strategic move, so....Yup, Ireland would never consider it.

It may even be possible to do a trade that didn't involve our 1st round pick.

The Giants have over 20 FA's and no money to sign them. They are in the hole without these guys salaries considered.

Dolphins have some young, cheap players the Giants may like.

No matter what team that has poor cap situation they normally decide to cut veterans, not the young pro-bowl talented players. There is a long way to FA and cuts and re-structuring will be an ongoing event. If they really felt Cruz was expendable then why would they be trying to sign him to a new deal?

Look I want to upgrade our team as much as anyone else wants to but you all know even some of the better free agents never make it to FA, let alone a restricted top flight young wr. But if it floats your boat to dream about stuff that has a .000001% chance of happening then go for it. I'm sure when it doesn't happen you can blame it on Ireland as well!

Mom's calling, gotta go.

Victor Cruz is Puerto Rican, a virtual God in NY, and relatively cheap. Not happening.

Victor Cruz is Puerto Rican, a virtual God in NY, and relatively cheap. Not happening.

He and his agent are asking for a 10 mil a yr deal and threatening a hold out if they give him the RFA tender.

Both the Giants and Cruz and his agent know exactly what is going on here. It's just guys like you who don't get it.

The Giants have to appear to want to Cruz a long term deal but both sides know it really impossible for them to do so unless Cruz accepts a deal way below his market value.

Cruz and his agent are in this business to make money and Cruz will make a lot more money in Florida with no income tax and playing for a fat contract than just bending over and taking the RFA tender shaft.

The Giants may risk tendering him in the shadow of a holdout, but they are really in no position to do so and they certainly aren't holding all the cards; not by a long shot.

Everyone with a brain knows the Giants FO wants to get draft picks and/or players for him and they will spend the cap space on Will Beatty their LT who is an UFA,young, and one of the highest ranked LT's in the league.

Like I wrote previously, the Giants aren't having cap difficulties, they are in perhaps the worst shape a team has ever been in during an offseason.

It happens to these teams that successful year after year. They keep restructing contracts until eventually they hit the wall. It's official the Giants have hit the wall.

This isn't that hard to figure out. Just count, if you can. The numbers don't lie.

He and his agent are asking for a 10 mil a yr deal and threatening a hold out if they give him the RFA tender.

Both the Giants and Cruz and his agent know exactly what is going on here. It's just guys like you who don't get it.

The Giants have to appear to want to Cruz a long term deal but both sides know it really impossible for them to do so unless Cruz accepts a deal way below his market value.

Cruz and his agent are in this business to make money and Cruz will make a lot more money in Florida with no income tax and playing for a fat contract than just bending over and taking the RFA tender shaft.

The Giants may risk tendering him in the shadow of a holdout, but they are really in no position to do so and they certainly aren't holding all the cards; not by a long shot.

Everyone with a brain knows the Giants FO wants to get draft picks and/or players for him and they will spend the cap space on Will Beatty their LT who is an UFA,young, and one of the highest ranked LT's in the league.

Like I wrote previously, the Giants aren't having cap difficulties, they are in perhaps the worst shape a team has ever been in during an offseason.

It happens to these teams that successful year after year. They keep restructing contracts until eventually they hit the wall. It's official the Giants have hit the wall.

This isn't that hard to figure out. Just count, if you can. The numbers don't lie.

So he holds out, where's he going? He's just not going to be playing football and not getting paid...how does that mean NYG don't hold the cards?

It's no different then the players franchised but threaten to hold out. The NYG could very well trade him and be done with it, but does that make any sense what so ever? You don't spend incredible amounts of time and money to find this kind of talent to just let it go after it develops.

Special player but isn't he a Giants fan from New York? He would be expensive costing a first round pick, but I think the Giants will get a deal done with him anyway.
I don't see any talent close to Victor Cruz on this draft. I would throw a first round pick in a nutshell for him. Ireland is a nice trader, so he could include another things in exchange allowing this team to recover a 3rd or 4th round pick.

The thing is Jerry Reese, NY Giants' GM, is acting rude by asking Victor Cruz to sign for less than $5M/year with a pathetic signing bonus.
Mr. Reese is arguing there's a salary cap and NY Giants' roster has important holes at defense.

We all know Victor Cruz deserves top WR money and he would be welcomed in Miami to the point that minority owner Gloria Stefan would make a new music hit for his dancing celebrations.
Once upon a time Cruz got his dream come true in NY, but Miami could be his happily ever after paradise.

Last edited by a moderator:
So he holds out, where's he going? He's just not going to be playing football and not getting paid...how does that mean NYG don't hold the cards?

It's no different then the players franchised but threaten to hold out. The NYG could very well trade him and be done with it, but does that make any sense what so ever? You don't spend incredible amounts of time and money to find this kind of talent to just let it go after it develops.
The question is NY Giants must place a RFA tender for him, with two numbers: a price tag and a draft picks price. Currently everything points Giants are placing a $2.88 million first-round tender on him. That means that Cruz could opt to play a year for such salary or wait until some team upbeats the tender. So Dolphins should use something close to $3.5 millions plus giving up a first round pick to Giants for his services on 2013.

Normally a first-round pick price looks too expensive, so no other team upbeats the tender and RFAs are locked with the option of accepting questionable money or being incapable of playing football.

A talented guy like Cruz deserves big money but Giants cap situation is among worst of the league, so they don't have the money to use a franchise tag nor placing a decent tender on him. The thing is players within bad teams normally don't achieve important incentive clauses of their contracts, but in a successful franchise several players complete their goals, so big money arrives, counting against the salary cap of such team.

With Eli & crew winning a pair of SB in the last years, almost every cent of each contract is causing problems to John Mara.

There is only one way to respond to this nonsense..............Vincent Jackson, check out how he fared after his long holdout.

Oh, and by the way, Cruz was an undrafted free agent. They have only spent less than peanuts on him

The Giants want to lock up Hakeem Nicks first but I'll be very surprised if they allow Cruz to go.

There is only one way to respond to this nonsense..............Vincent Jackson, check out how he fared after his long holdout.

Oh, and by the way, Cruz was an undrafted free agent. They have only spent less than peanuts on him

The SD chargers let him go, they held the cards, they made the choice not VJ. V.Cruz is 3 years younger, more dynamic and a better all around player then VJ in my opinion.

I know Cruz was a UDFA, the NYG spend incredible time and money on scouting and when they finally hit on a stud player you don't just let them go at his age and talent level. A bad cap situation means older vets making to much money and not getting the results to warrant that paycheck will be cut and replaced by younger players.

Bye-bye C Canty - 6mil, A.Bradshaw - 4mil, M.Boley - 4mil Hello Eli, Snee and Rolle to re-structure land

and all of a sudden no more cap hell! It can be done and if I'm the NYG I do not let this young dynamic go, period!

Back
Top Bottom