Watch this Space: Victor Cruz | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Watch this Space: Victor Cruz

The real problem is that Victor Cruz does not operate on the same team as Davone Bess. If the Dolphins were to be interested in Cruz they would have to work out a sign-and-trade with the Giants and it would probably involve sending Bess over to them to play the slot in place of Cruz, and on top of that we'd have to give up probably a 2nd round pick and maybe a low pick on top of that.

Victor Cruz ran 377 of his 541 routes from the slot. He was targeted 93 times with 58 catches for 867 yards and 8 TDs from the slot.

Playing on the perimeter he was targeted 44 times with 28 catches for 225 yards and 2 TDs...on 164 routes.

That's 2.30 yards per route and 9.3 yards per attempt from the slot versus only 1.37 yards per route and 5.1 yards per attempt on the perimeter.

I'm not calling him a Davone Bess. I believe he's better than a Davone Bess. But he and Davone Bess do not play on the same team.
i would give the Bess, 2nd, 6th for Cruz all day!

Thanks for this CK.

But in a league driven by scoring as many touchdowns as possible and the need for teams to possess the personnel with the ability to score 30+ points against the elite teams to stand a chance of winning (especially in the playoffs) Would Victor Cruz be a better option than Bess at the slot role? Given that Bess has scored 12 TDs in his five year career at Miami whereas Cruz has just come off a 10 TDs season. Would Cruz be worth the investment?

Are you sure that you want to sign Victor Cruz and place him at the slot?
That's a great example on how to waste talent. Victor Cruz is a speeder, the guy mismatched most defenders being the go-to guy, not the slot.
I could see both Bees and Cruz playing on the same team with Victor being WR1 and Davone adding yards on the slot.

Are you sure that you want to sign Victor Cruz and place him at the slot?
That's a great example on how to waste talent. Victor Cruz is a speeder, the guy mismatched most defenders being the go-to guy, not the slot.
I could see both Bees and Cruz playing on the same team with Victor being WR1 and Davone adding yards on the slot.

Cruz has played mainly in the slot role for the Giants. The question is whether you would trade or give up a 1st or 2nd round pick for Cruz or keep/trade Bess? Are you suggesting that Cruz should change his role and work the parameter full time as opposed to the slot?

Back
Top Bottom