We made a run and learned a few things | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We made a run and learned a few things

I assumed you would include in your post the lessons learned. So exactly what are the things that got learned?

And are you just talking about making a run to get into the playoffs?
Well that depends on how you interpret things. To me it proved Tua can lead the league in passing and that McD has back to back PO births in as many years. I see it as experience. However it can be argued it proves Tua and McD ain't got what it takes. It's based on perspective and perception.

Do you realize Matt Patricia was his offensive coordinator in 2022? And Desmond Ridder his QB last year?
He's been in the league 7 years and has yet to set the world on fire. I get he may be better fit here, but thats speculation. The facts are he has proven to be nothing special thus far in his career.

He's been in the league 7 years and has yet to set the world on fire. I get he may be better fit here, but thats speculation. The facts are he has proven to be nothing special thus far in his career.

He had a great year in 2020 and cashed in with a bad team. He was a big factor in the Titans being minutes from the Super Bowl.

That was his only an opportunity to play in an NFL offense.

I assumed you would include in your post the lessons learned. So exactly what are the things that got learned?

And are you just talking about making a run to get into the playoffs?
Lesson #1.
Ignore the "Lemmings". - LOL

Ryan Tannehill/Mac Jones/Riddler as his qbs. You’d be questioning if Jerry Rice was any good if he played with that crew.

1600 of his 2400 yards are yac yards and he’s got a 4x1 track team taking away all the attention from him, guys going to be a monster this season.

This is Smith’s 3rd team in 3 seasons. Why aren’t teams holding on to him?
Because of how his contract was structured. Things like that always happen. His original deal with the Patriots was $50 million for 4 years. He was never going to see $50 million but it was structured in a way that he would see more up front money to allow the deal to be spread out. After two years he was traded to the Falcons. He restructured his deal with them to a lower deal and provided them with insurance at tight end since Pitts was coming off an injury. Pitts played all 17 games (still was just barely more productive than Smith), so they don't have a need to spend $10+ million on Pitts next year going and getting toward the end of his rookie deal and releasing Smith gave them $6.5 million. 2 years at $5 million per year is a great deal for Miami. He's coming off his most productive season -- more productive than when New England signed him to the bad deal of 4 years for $50 million

There are those who insist that the glass is half empty. It's all how you look at it. We weren't winning Playoff games with Wilkins, Hunt etc. Let's build a TEAM not a squad of money hungry athletes. Teams can win it all!!

There are those who insist that the glass is half empty. It's all how you look at it. We weren't winning Playoff games with Wilkins, Hunt etc. Let's build a TEAM not a squad of money hungry athletes. Teams can win it all!!
I’d have much rather paid Phillips/Waddle/Holland than hunt and Wilkins.

We made a small run, only to the playoffs. What I learned was that we had a D that had a $27.5 mill a year DT that couldn't stop Buffalo, and KC twice nor Baltimore, and the Titans when it counted. We also had a $20 mill a year G that we could not run over to get 2 yards when needed. We have started replacing some of the high priced "talent" ( X, Bake, Hunt, and Wilkins) we had here with players that may be bargains. Examples would be at TE, LB maybe even OL. We still need more. I get that we took a chance on some opportunities at DB, Edge, and WR that are cost prohibitive to make a run last year, a run that fizzled on the injured reserve list. Time for a 'soft' reset? Had to happen, we were never going to be able to keep all those top draft choices. Not in today's FA world.

This team is falling apart

THIS team is coming together right before your eyes.

In the NFL, all the teams "shed their skin" before the draft to make room for "new or improved" talent.

For those of you that constantly bemoan our loss of talent to FA and also whine when you don't like what we do in FA; you are part of a long line of losers who are seen being silly so often that a "saying" was developed to explain their actions.

That saying goes like this:
Some folks want to have (meaning to keep) their cake and eat it too. Thats an obvious "logical contradiction".

That certainly explains a lot about some of these inane posts I keep seeing!

Lmao! The olllllllllllllllllllle next season trick!! Lmao!!

How did we do last year with all the injuries to the O-line, where at one point we were down to only one starter?

Grier seems to be more committed to fixing the line, so don't be surprised if this coming season with new players from FA & Draft, with a hopefully more healthy line, we are actually better on Offense.

Back
Top Bottom