We made a run and learned a few things | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We made a run and learned a few things

It sucks we lost all those good players. It sucks we paid a player who's currently injured and lost a first rounder we hit on. We made a run. We learned a few things. It's time to reload. I'm OK if the defense loses a step if that means McDaniel, the offense, Tua, Waddle and Achane continue to develop. We'll be players again next off season. Just take a chill pill.
I wouldn’t give up on this year yet. It’s possible we’ll have more success, it’s not out of the question.

my opinion is a less talented team (if it works out that way) that is healthy, will outperform the team we were fielding during most of last season.

I learned when you upgrade everything, except the thing that has been the core issue for over a decade (the O-Line) ....you are going to continue to have the same issues. Grier has absolutely failed to properly address this issue. It was masked last year because we have a QB and receivers that can operate with an O-line that forces the ball out in 2.23 seconds. We will never be a legit contender with the same wash and rinse approach to the OL we have had for too long now. Grier should be left out of any draft or negotiations that deal with the OL.

We’ve hoisted the offseason Lombardi a million times what’s that gotten us? Let it play out. Having a better lineup on the field come January is more important than having a better roster in September.

We made a small run, only to the playoffs. What I learned was that we had a D that had a $27.5 mill a year DT that couldn't stop Buffalo, and KC twice nor Baltimore, and the Titans when it counted. We also had a $20 mill a year G that we could not run over to get 2 yards when needed. We have started replacing some of the high priced "talent" ( X, Bake, Hunt, and Wilkins) we had here with players that may be bargains. Examples would be at TE, LB maybe even OL. We still need more. I get that we took a chance on some opportunities at DB, Edge, and WR that are cost prohibitive to make a run last year, a run that fizzled on the injured reserve list. Time for a 'soft' reset? Had to happen, we were never going to be able to keep all those top draft choices. Not in today's FA world.
Excellent evaluation and summary!

He's been in the league 7 years and has yet to set the world on fire. I get he may be better fit here, but thats speculation. The facts are he has proven to be nothing special thus far in his career.
Fortunately for the Dolphins, their coaches and FO have quite a bit more insight into players circumstances and potential than many of our "butt hurt posters" do!

The funny thing is, this point being true will bring more "vocalized negativity" to every improvement we make this offseason, and they are already complaining about our winning the off season when it has only just begun.

These posters must not have many outlets in their lives, so they use a football forum to spew their vindictiveness. I guess it makes them feel better about themselves.

"Little do they know" - and that's a fact! - LOL

Jonnu Smith is not "really, really good" and nowhere near being a Top 10 TE. The guy averages about 30 receptions and 400 yards a year. He's about as underwhelming as it comes. Walker and Brooks are just "meh" players too.

I'll laugh at the irony if you think Gesicki was anywhere near whelming

Go look at the QBs he has played with and the tight ends he’s played next to. In Tennessee he was a stud sharing snaps with Delanie Walker and catching passes from shitty ass Tannehill.

They couldn’t afford to keep him so he went to the Patriots for $50 million (go look at how many tight ends have gotten $50 million contracts). In NE, he played next to Hunter Henry with shitty ass Mac Jones at QB until they dumped his contract to Atlanta.

Then in Atlanta he played next to top 5 pick Kyle Pitts (who he outperformed) while catching passes from shitty ass Mariota and Ridder.

This is going to be his first time playing as the TE1 in a non-retarded offense with a non-retarded QB. He is going to put up Evan Engram numbers. I’m not even predicting, I’m telling. At this time next year we’re going to be desperately hoping we can keep him.
Great thing about this if true is they have him signed for 2 years.

Losing Wilkins and Hunt will be tough to replace.
The others are normal yearly changes.

Made a run??? You mean choked again right and all those “good” players couldn’t win the division or a playoff game if their lives depended on it.

Back
Top Bottom