We made a run and learned a few things | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We made a run and learned a few things

Oh, and you’re wrong about Brooks and Walker, too. Brooks was a first rounder and Seattle badly wanted to keep him. He has been incredibly productive and is still only 26. Their fans aren’t happy to lose him. Go look at how his tackle numbers compare to the rest of the league. He’s still on the ascent.

Walker is a very solid third ILB. Good all around player, very good in coverage. If not for injuries, he’d have been in greater demand. He’s not a star but like I said, better than Baker. Baker is trash.
As to Brooks, “Seattle badly wanted to keep him”? Why did Seattle not pick up his 5th year option then, he was a 1st rounder? Maybe, because he is a liability in coverage.

Walker is better than Baker? Why did 30 other NFL GM’s not want to gamble & spend more than 1.4mil for Walker Jr. if he is better than Baker? He has been placed on injured reserves the last 2 years and is 29 years old, but he is better than Baker and this is the season in which he will play in all 17 games. 🤦‍♂️

As to Brooks, “Seattle badly wanted to keep him”? Why did Seattle not pick up his 5th year option then, he was a 1st rounder? Maybe, because he is a liability in coverage.

Walker is better than Baker? Why did 30 other NFL GM’s not want to gamble & spend more than 1.4mil for Walker Jr. if he is better than Baker? He has been placed on injured reserves the last 2 years and is 29 years old, but he is better than Baker and this is the season in which he will play in all 17 games. 🤦‍♂️
Because his fifth year option was a fully guaranteed $12.7 million, which would’ve made him a top 5 highest paid inside linebacker in the NFL for 2024 at the same time they’re rebuilding. If you don’t believe me, go look at the interview Seattle’s GM just gave explaining that they wanted him back and had every intention of resigning him but we basically swooped in before they could lock him up because they were focused on figuring out Leonard Williams’s cap hits first.

And let’s see what 30 NFL GMs think Baker is worth now that he’s a free agent. He will probably get marginally more than Walker but only because, as you say, Walker hasn’t been able to stay healthy. Baker is not a good player.

Made a run??? You mean choked again right and all those “good” players couldn’t win the division or a playoff game if their lives depended on it.

You can't win a race unless you are in the race.

Spk Engrish?

Someone needs a little "motion lotion".
Rub it in, rub it in. - lol
Consider it done! - LOL

We learned Tua's ceiling and that with the most talented roster in 20+ years we're still unworthy of happiness.

Everyone getting hype on signing used cars off the scrap heap while watching two Tesla Cyber Trucks drive off the lot are in for a rude awakening.

We learned Tua's ceiling and that with the most talented roster in 20+ years we're still unworthy of happiness.

Everyone getting hype on signing used cars off the scrap heap while watching two Tesla Cyber Trucks drive off the lot are in for a rude awakening.
Speaking for yourself, I presume?

I've been fairly happy with the growth and the overall continuous improvement in the FO, the coaching staff and the players over the last 7 or 8 years that I've followed this team.

Back
Top Bottom