We need everybody to fully support Moreno. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We need everybody to fully support Moreno.

Are you being sarcastic? He is the only Bronco RB with 200 + snaps in a season to not lose a fumble since 2000. All I've been reading/hearing is that handling the ball is a strength of his game.

Please do not say crap like that or he will come to Miami and fumble like Sammy Smith! If we say that he sucks, he will be a perennial Pro Bowler. :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Please do not say crap like that or he will come to Miami and fumble like Sammy Smith! If we say that he sucks, he will be a perennial Pro Bowler. :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Lol I'm right with ya bro, I'm superstitious a lot for my teams as well, but the stats show that he is elite in that category...yet a poster is calling him out as weak in that aspect of the game. I don't know where he was coming from when he said that he is a "fumbling machine" because dating back to last season, that is the exact opposite of the truth.

My God ppl he is a dolphin. Support him and wish nothing but the best for him while he's here. Man, losing has made people bitter! Haha, I say that till the season starts and we lose, then I'm the maddest bitter of them all! But anyway, support his ass, he's a dolphin. Its not like he's gonna come here and try his best to suck. He's better than what we currently have...

He's better because he played with Manning for a few years. Show me, then the support will follow.

I hope he runs for 2K+ yards and 25 TD's

Ain't likely to happen, but I'll hope for it anyway. What the hell? It's still March. :chuckle:

Except he didn't lose one fumble at all last season. :idk:

Still fumbled.

Did get a laugh out of that cherry picked stat. Of his 10 career fumbles hes lost 8 of them. How many times did he have a season in which he didnt lose a fumble? Exactly 1. The year you mentioned. :lol:

Fumble Prone? I think you're reaching a bit because the kid isn't fumble prone. Period. His fumble % is less than 1%..to give perspective AP is at 1.5%....Hartline of running backs? He's put up two 1,000 yard years in a row and has some fairly reliable hands I think we can stop knocking him too...even though I'll agree he is overpaid haha

Regardless I think people here are either looking for reasons to knock em or praising him too much. I'll agree with you that he's an average back, but he can pas protect and play the screen game well. So, short and thick of it is that he's an upgrade, for a 1 yr, 3 mil deal. Good stuff.

He was benched repeatedly for fumbling.

The 2012 season began promisingly for Moreno, who was coming off a torn ACL injury he suffered on Nov. 13, 2011, as he rushed for a touchdown in an opening-game victory over Pittsburgh. But after he carried three times for 2 yards and lost a fumble the next week, in a Monday night loss in Atlanta, coach John Fox benched him.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20121213/knowshon-moreno/#ixzz2xILY0flA

And that doesnt bring up the McDaniel years, who was quick to throw him on the bench. Hes only improved, but not fixed, the problem in the last year or so. Im not going to excuse 3-4 years of screwing the pooch for 1-2 years of doing the minimum of competent work. Running backs are to easily replaced to worry about such trite.

Moreno hit the bare minimum threshold for a running back to be considered "good": 1000 yards. He did this exactly once on a team that had a historic offense who's strategy was spreading out defenses. And he got a mere 38 yards over that threshold. When are people going to hold the players of this franchise to a standard higher then basic competency? I want the next LeSean McCoy. The next Jamaal Charles. The next Marshawn Lynch. This forums eagerness to settle for less never ceases to surprise me.

"Moreno hit the bare minimum threshold for a running back to be considered "good": 1000 yards. He did this exactly once on a team that had a historic offense who's strategy was spreading out defenses. And he got a mere 38 yards over that threshold. When are people going to hold the players of this franchise to a standard higher then basic competency? I want the next LeSean McCoy. The next Jamaal Charles. The next Marshawn Lynch. This forums eagerness to settle for less never ceases to surprise me. "

But he blocks well....lol

Yes, because if the fans dont support him, then he wont rush for 1000 yards.

Lemme guess: if local fans dont fill up the stadium on gameday then the offensive line wont block well enough for him to get his 1k yards?

Moreno is a fumble prone average talent running back with limited potential who could easily be replaced by someone making a third of his salary. Hes the Brian Hartline of running backs. Thus, this forum will worship him.

bingo

Moreno improves the dolphins RB position from last year, but not by much. He is a stop gap player and nothing more, hoping for the best out of him, but I doubt he duplicates his previous year numbers here.

Still fumbled.

Did get a laugh out of that cherry picked stat. Of his 10 career fumbles hes lost 8 of them. How many times did he have a season in which he didnt lose a fumble? Exactly 1. The year you mentioned. :lol:

He was benched repeatedly for fumbling.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20121213/knowshon-moreno/#ixzz2xILY0flA

And that doesnt bring up the McDaniel years, who was quick to throw him on the bench. Hes only improved, but not fixed, the problem in the last year or so. Im not going to excuse 3-4 years of screwing the pooch for 1-2 years of doing the minimum of competent work. Running backs are to easily replaced to worry about such trite.

Moreno hit the bare minimum threshold for a running back to be considered "good": 1000 yards. He did this exactly once on a team that had a historic offense who's strategy was spreading out defenses. And he got a mere 38 yards over that threshold. When are people going to hold the players of this franchise to a standard higher then basic competency? I want the next LeSean McCoy. The next Jamaal Charles. The next Marshawn Lynch. This forums eagerness to settle for less never ceases to surprise me.

Yes, I'll give you he had a bad first 2 seasons with the fumbling issues (7 fumbles, 6 of them lost in 29 games). He has, however, improved in that department the last two seasons (3 fumbles, 2 lost in 31 games). Look, no one here is saying he's gonna be the next Larry Czonka or AP, but he has clearly shown he can be a good compliment to another back...Miller in our case. What do you want us to say? He's an awful pickup for the commitment we gave him???

If we were paying him something crazy like 6-7 mill a year for 3+ years, I'd call it a questionable deal, However, a one year, 3 mil tryout isn't exactly bad for a guy that just finished coming off a 1,500 yard and 13 TD season. Yes, he had the benefit of playing on a Peyton Manning led offense, but that's still pretty good for a guy that had to share the ball with the likes of Ball, Hillman, Decker, Welker, J Thomas, D Thomas, Caldwell, etc. He may not be great like those guys you just listed, but he's not chopped liver also. I'm willing to see what he can bring to our offense before calling him just another failed experiment in the Miami Dolphins running back department.

Oh and the fact he put up 220+ yards against the Pats last year couldn't hurt us either.

Last edited by a moderator:
I may not care for his signing. But i always support a player while hes playing. But is still open to criticism depending on his play! Silly thread why wouldnt we want him to succeed!

I want the next Shady, Charles, or Lynch as well. But guess what, they weren't available in FA. Unless you want to throw a bunch of picks and try and trade for them. Guess what else...these players aren't easy to get in the draft either. If they were every team would have a Shady. I want Miami's drafting to improve as well, but you make it sound like a piece of cake. It isn't.

You make it sound like because people think Moreno is a good addition to the team they settle for less. Not true. Moreno is an improvement that came inexpensive enough, and was much needed. It was a good move that improves the RB corp for the short term and gives time to try and draft a Shady or Charles. Keep up with your delusions that if every pick up isn't the best its a failure. It's easy to be a douchebag and criticize people that like an improvement just because it's not the best possible.

Yes, I'll give you he had a bad first 2 seasons with the fumbling issues (7 fumbles, 6 of them lost in 29 games). He has, however, improved in that department the last two seasons (3 fumbles, 2 lost in 31 games). Look, no one here is saying he's gonna be the next Larry Czonka or AP, but he has clearly shown he can be a good compliment to another back...Miller in our case. What do you want us to say? He's an awful pickup for the commitment we gave him???

If we were paying him something crazy like 6-7 mill a year for 3+ years, I'd call it a questionable deal, However, a one year, 3 mil tryout isn't exactly bad for a guy that just finished coming off a 1,500 yard and 13 TD season. Yes, he had the benefit of playing on a Peyton Manning led offense, but that's still pretty good for a guy that had to share the ball with the likes of Ball, Hillman, Decker, Welker, J Thomas, D Thomas, Caldwell, etc. He may not be great like those guys you just listed, but he's not chopped liver also. I'm willing to see what he can bring to our offense before calling him just another failed experiment in the Miami Dolphins running back department.

Oh and the fact he put up 220+ yards against the Pats last year couldn't hurt us either.

Id love for people to question why we made a commitment to him at all. You can hammer away at the fact we "only" handed him $3 million(by the way, thats not nothing. Toby Gerhart is making $3.5 a year and he was arguably the top back on the market), but it still doesnt change the fact that we probably could have gotten similar production from another player and a vastly reduced price. Its this sort of "hey, who cares if we did the right thing? We did something so everything is awesomesauce!" that directly leads to offseasons like 2012. No talent, no cap, no hope for a winning season. Have higher expectations for this franchise. Jeff Ireland has been fired, theres no reason why we shouldnt be run like a top notch franchise.

If Moreno was such a great player, Denver would have made a point of getting the ball to him. They did that for Thomas. They did it for Welker. Moreno was a success(again: barely) by default, everyone else around him made his production better. How do i know? The utterly subpar years he had previous to that team being loaded. And the fact that Denver believes they have already replaced Moreno.

Oh, and wow, that 220 yards against the Patriots would be great. Is he assured to get that against them every game? Oh wait, he played them in the playoffs that same year and only got 59 yards. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom