We need everybody to fully support Moreno. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We need everybody to fully support Moreno.

I want the next Shady, Charles, or Lynch as well. But guess what, they weren't available in FA.

So dont spend money on free agent running backs. Fix it via the draft.

Guess what else...these players aren't easy to get in the draft either. If they were every team would have a Shady. I want Miami's drafting to improve as well, but you make it sound like a piece of cake. It isn't.

Not easy and impossible are two different things. If there isnt a running back worth taking this year, wait until next. This isnt the quarterback position, teams win without a brilliant run game every single year. And for the record, i dont particularly care how easy or difficult drafting is. Hickey is being compensated with millions of dollars, he needs to get it done regardless of the difficulty. If he cant, fire him and bring in someone else. Hickey wasnt kidnapped by the government, if its to difficult for him he can quit.

You make it sound like because people think Moreno is a good addition to the team they settle for less. Not true.

Actually, i make it sound like this forum worships average players. Which is true. Type "Brian Hartline" into the search option and youll find the proof for my assertion.

Moreno is an improvement that came inexpensive enough, and was much needed. It was a good move that improves the RB corp for the short term and gives time to try and draft a Shady or Charles.

Signing him wasnt the best way to use our limited resources. Hence my disapproval. Im done with the declaration of "close enough", that leads directly to .500 seasons. Some dont seem to mind constant losing and mediocre results, but im not one of those individuals. I want a Superbowl victory.

Keep up with your delusions that if every pick up isn't the best its a failure. It's easy to be a douchebag and criticize people that like an improvement just because it's not the best possible.

I do have the badge for a reason.

I am not going to flip a switch over the cost of a 1 year deal. Its a 1 year deal, so it doesn't hamstring us going forward (ala Wallace) so as long as he is at least VISIBLE for more than 8 games a season (something neither D. Thomas or Miller accomplished last year) its a win for me. I'm certainly not doing somersaults over the signing, but it could be worse - We could have just stuck with the Thomas/Miller duo.

Id love for people to question why we made a commitment to him at all. You can hammer away at the fact we "only" handed him $3 million(by the way, thats not nothing. Toby Gerhart is making $3.5 a year and he was arguably the top back on the market), but it still doesnt change the fact that we probably could have gotten similar production from another player and a vastly reduced price. Its this sort of "hey, who cares if we did the right thing? We did something so everything is awesomesauce!" that directly leads to offseasons like 2012. No talent, no cap, no hope for a winning season. Have higher expectations for this franchise. Jeff Ireland has been fired, theres no reason why we shouldnt be run like a top notch franchise.

If Moreno was such a great player, Denver would have made a point of getting the ball to him. They did that for Thomas. They did it for Welker. Moreno was a success(again: barely) by default, everyone else around him made his production better. How do i know? The utterly subpar years he had previous to that team being loaded. And the fact that Denver believes they have already replaced Moreno.

Oh, and wow, that 220 yards against the Patriots would be great. Is he assured to get that against them every game? Oh wait, he played them in the playoffs that same year and only got 59 yards. :lol:

Eat this man...

StephsSnickersCakeSnickersbar-1.jpg

you turn into a drama king when you're hungry. :lol:

So dont spend money on free agent running backs. Fix it via the draft.

Not easy and impossible are two different things. If there isnt a running back worth taking this year, wait until next. This isnt the quarterback position, teams win without a brilliant run game every single year. And for the record, i dont particularly care how easy or difficult drafting is. Hickey is being compensated with millions of dollars, he needs to get it done regardless of the difficulty. If he cant, fire him and bring in someone else. Hickey wasnt kidnapped by the government, if its to difficult for him he can quit.

Actually, i make it sound like this forum worships average players. Which is true. Type "Brian Hartline" into the search option and youll find the proof for my assertion.

Signing him wasnt the best way to use our limited resources. Hence my disapproval. Im done with the declaration of "close enough", that leads directly to .500 seasons. Some dont seem to mind constant losing and mediocre results, but im not one of those individuals. I want a Superbowl victory.

I do have the badge for a reason.

You say fix via draft, then say in your next comment if there isn't a good enough back in the draft wait till next year. Well then isn't picking up a back on a cheap one year contract smart for that contingency? If you find that "a poor choice of limited resources" then what should Hickey have done instead? It's only three mil max for one year!

Eat this man...

StephsSnickersCakeSnickersbar-1.jpg

you turn into a drama king when you're hungry. :lol:

I appreciate that. For your future usage:

tumblr_ml03gl6SdK1s4n1c0o1_500-1.jpg

They go down well when watching a Dolphins game as we march towards another glorious 8-8 season.

You say fix via draft, then say in your next comment if there isn't a good enough back in the draft wait till next year. Well then isn't picking up a back on a cheap one year contract smart for that contingency? If you find that "a poor choice of limited resources" then what should Hickey have done instead? It's only three mil max for one year!

Which is about $2 million more then a player like him is worth. What great value! :lol:

We have cheap options on this roster. The position isnt a gaping wound like our offensive line was. Its a position we need to upgrade. And we didnt with this signing, not in any definitive way. So what should Hickey have done differently? Pay Gerhart the measly $500k more. Turn towards Blount(who was cheaper than Moreno). Kick the tires on other teams young backups. Trade a late round pick for Sproles. Etc, etc, etc.

Ive answered your questions through two posts now, so how about you answer one of mine: could we replace Moreno if he injured himself before the season began or would his absence be something we couldnt recover from?

Did get a laugh out of that cherry picked stat. Of his 10 career fumbles hes lost 8 of them.

So if chance happened to have a Denver linemen fall on 8 of those 10 fumbles, leading to only 20% of them being lost, would Moreno be a better RB in your eyes?

This is going to end up being just like the Brandon Gibson signing. A few gumps moping on here about him being a pedestrian player and such, and he ends up being a damn productive player and fan favorite.

This is going to end up being just like the Brandon Gibson signing. A few gumps moping on here about him being a pedestrian player and such, and he ends up being a damn productive player and fan favorite.

Link?

Back
Top Bottom