Well, we've bottomed out | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Well, we've bottomed out

People are so damn wishy-washy. Of course they have a plan so just sit back and let it play out. Maybe it will work maybe it won't. You know what we do know for sure though, an offense revolving around Jarvis Landry does not make for a successful offense. 4 years of proof. He isn't a game changer and in my opinion was holding us back.

It takes two to tango. When Gase arrived on the scene, he was gushing accolades and praise for Jarvis Landry at every opportunity.

Also, who designed that offense around Landry? Accountability is a two way street.

Dolph, of course, you're right, this one deal didn't sink the team but this Coach has a massive ego and I'm getting tired of his act, real fast. It's difficult, I love the Dolphins but I'm starting to really dislike the owner, the FO and the Coach. The only thing I want to see out of this band of idiots is victories, winning solves everything. After last season I'm out of patience, Cutler, Thomas, Bushrod, Adam loves all of them and they all suck. Get the team together and stop embarrassing the Franchise.
It’s apparent Gase is getting more aggressive with getting rid of guys that aren’t his. Once he fully assimilates this roster with his guys we can see if a Gase knew what he was doing or not.

It takes two to tango. When Gase arrived on the scene, he was gushing accolades and praise for Jarvis Landry at every opportunity.

Also, who designed that offense around Landry? Accountability is a two way street.
He liked Landry until he out priced himself.

The problem is, for whatever excuses we want to make, we've not been able to either hold onto enough of our home-grown talent or hold onto draft picks that can bring us in more young talent (e.g. Caroo trade). Instead, we've been relying too much on free agency to bring in players. I don't think this is the best way to build a championship-caliber NFL team. And it's very frustrating to watch year after year under Tannenbaum.

The negativity is terrible. I am always down on fish but actually like the moves. Got something and did not overpay for Landry. Remember in addition to his catches and good plays there were lots of untimely fumbles and penalties. You can not have a leader acting like he or Ajayi did. I am not sold on Gase but he deserves a chance to make it right with his guys.

I went to 3 games last year one in CA and 2 in MIA and have already decided I’m not spending money on the team this year. Not to be a complete downer but with all these lame moves, a bad product on the field and even that new God awful logo (which makes it hard to buy anything other than throwback merch) my 35 years as a Dolphin fan is at a pretty low point. Feels deflating knowing your team will always screw it up and never shows up when it matters most. Maybe I’m overreacting but it’s looking ugly right now
you're right on point and i feel the same way. Landry was my 2nd favorite Dolphin ever.

Hard to pick one exact moment, but Ross bringing back Philbin after a meaningless Minnesota win is definitely under consideration. Well at least for recent history rock bottoms.

Reactions: BSQ
We're a lock to be picking in the top 10 next season, IMO. That's the only bright side. This team sucks and needs as many top shelf talent as possible.

He liked Landry until he out priced himself.

If he liked him so much, why didn’t they look to extend Landry (long term a year or so ago) to a long term deal? Instead, they put that money into Kiko, Branch, Stills, TJ, Julius Thomas, etc.

I don’t think it’s any wonder that Landry felt some disrespect, since the modus operandi was doling out money to players and free agents from outside of the organization.

Since PhishyPhishy mentioned people acting wishy-washy, it seems to me that coach Gase and the front office would also fall under that umbrella stated.

I agree with you that Gase is either full of **** regarding Landry, or has no control over the players he can acquire/retain on this team.

As for the offense, its not that he designed it to run around Landry, Landry was just the cog in that machine. Gase's offense will run the same way going forward, he will just use another cog to catch those short yardage plays. Its success without Landry remains to be seen.

Maybe Grant's explosiveness will outweigh Landry's reliability. Time will tell.

If he liked him so much, why didn’t they look to extend Landry (long term a year or so ago) to a long term deal? Instead, they put that money into Kiko, Branch, Stills, TJ, Julius Thomas, etc.

I don’t think it’s any wonder that Landry felt some disrespect, since the modus operandi was doling out money to players and free agents from outside of the organization.

Since PhishyPhishy mentioned people acting wishy-washy, it seems to me that coach Gase and the front office would also fall under that umbrella stated.
How do you know they didn't try to extend him and he and his clown agent said no?

How do you know they didn't try to extend him and he and his clown agent said no?
Or what was going on behind the scenes with Landry? Or how he dealt with the coaching staff? Or how he practiced? I guess it is just much easier to call everyone an idiot and everything sucks. Apparently, Much easier

BTW, this speaks volumes towards Gase's honesty when addressing the media about his players. Gase told everyone he loved his WR room and wanted Landry back, to the point of joking about having a chat with Tannenbaum if Landry isnt resigned.

It tells me that all of his professed love for Tannehill is a bunch of **** as well.

Back
Top Bottom