Well, we've bottomed out | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Well, we've bottomed out

Bottomed out....

I got to say, some of you guys are making me feel old.

10 years ago we went 1-15. You think the sports media is laughing at us now?

The Saban debacle....

The Parcells debacle.....

Guys, it gets worse. A lot worse. Now don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying we are nearly where we want to be. At all.

Yeah, we give out terrible contracts. Gotta change. Better personnel.

I do think Gase has what it takes to win, except experience (which he is getting).

Shula. Landry (Tom). Noll. Madden. These guys ruled their worlds. There was no tolerance for bullshit from the players. If the players bucked these guys, they were gone by dawn.

I guess I’m not as frustrated because I’ve been down this road for decades. On the other hand, I remember what it was like to have the AFC East sewn up before preseason even started. So it’s hard.

I think Gase will get it ironed out. Yes, the fo should have handled the Jarvis issue better.

But the Jarvis guys should have done it better as well. Plenty of blame for all hands.

I really don’t think this will hit us that hard. Especially if the slot and TE positions are handled correctly in the next month or so.

And as inept as the FO has been, I think it is safe to say that they knew full well what the reaction of the fan base (that pays for the whole party) would be when they couldn’t keep Landry. And they know they had by God better have a plan to keep the fans from burning the Hard Rock.

I agree with you that Gase is either full of **** regarding Landry, or has no control over the players he can acquire/retain on this team.

As for the offense, its not that he designed it to run around Landry, Landry was just the cog in that machine. Gase's offense will run the same way going forward, he will just use another cog to catch those short yardage plays. Its success without Landry remains to be seen.

Maybe Grant's explosiveness will outweigh Landry's reliability. Time will tell.

Yeah, we’ll see how it plays out. Grant did look pretty good last year with the snaps he got, so I’m also somewhat hopeful there.

The big problem that I have with both Gase and Tannenbaum is at times they talk out of both sides of their mouth. Then with some revisionist history, they shift gears toward whatever puts them in the most favorable light at the present moment.

That veneer is translucent.

BTW, this speaks volumes towards Gase's honesty when addressing the media about his players. Gase told everyone he loved his WR room and wanted Landry back, to the point of joking about having a chat with Tannenbaum if Landry isnt resigned.

It tells me that all of his professed love for Tannehill is a bunch of **** as well.

Nah, I think he really does like Tannehill a lot. Gase values "his guys" incredibly high, to the point that it becomes a detriment to the team, such as with J Thomas and Cutler. I'm pretty sure Tannehill is also one of "his guys".

IMO it's his biggest issue as a coach. I'm not complaining about Tannehill, I myself like Tannehill, but I want a head coach who puts the best player on the field, not someone who just fills the team up with his buddies and makes them all starters.

If he liked him so much, why didn’t they look to extend Landry (long term a year or so ago) to a long term deal? Instead, they put that money into Kiko, Branch, Stills, TJ, Julius Thomas, etc.

I don’t think it’s any wonder that Landry felt some disrespect, since the modus operandi was doling out money to players and free agents from outside of the organization.

Since PhishyPhishy mentioned people acting wishy-washy, it seems to me that coach Gase and the front office would also fall under that umbrella stated.
Putting money into 5 players rather than 1 makes sense to me.

How do you know they didn't try to extend him and he and his clown agent said no?

Do you have something that suggests they did? I’m all ears, if so.

I mean Armando is a Tannenbaum proxy, where is the glimmer or even faint hint of noise something was there or in the works at that time?

Was this team some kind of offensive juggernaut over the last 4 years? I mean you would think we were right up there with the greatest show on turf the way some of you are acting.

The guy was a good WR no doubt but I'm tired of hearing about how he was the heart and soul of the the offense. That had very little effect on the score board and really our offensive production. MOVE ON!!

I went to 3 games last year one in CA and 2 in MIA and have already decided I’m not spending money on the team this year. Not to be a complete downer but with all these lame moves, a bad product on the field and even that new God awful logo (which makes it hard to buy anything other than throwback merch) my 35 years as a Dolphin fan is at a pretty low point. Feels deflating knowing your team will always screw it up and never shows up when it matters most. Maybe I’m overreacting but it’s looking ugly right now
Exactly how I feel. Especially the logo. I had hope in Gase after 2016. But the Tannehill injury has really come back to hurt the team both on the Feild and in terms of Cap Space Available. The spending habits aren’t producing results. I’ve thought about cancelling my Sunday Ticket, but can’t bring myself to do it.

Putting money into 5 players rather than 1 makes sense to me.

Normally I would agree with you, but four out those five players mentioned weren’t worth the contract they signed, in my opinion.

I have been watching football since 1970 and there are always changes to personnel. Landry gone, next man up.
What has bothered me about the current edition of the Dolphins is their lack of a long term plan and then staying the course until this franchise returns to its winning legacy.
We are in year 3 after 10-6 and 6-10. It would be a safe bet that we finish 8-8 in 2018, 9-7 in 2019, and 7-9 in 2020.
I have zero confidence in Ross and his decisions, and even less confidence in Tannenbaum and the rest of the staff.
From 1966 to 2003 the team was respectable, from 2004-2007 the wheels fell off, and apart from 2 winning seasons and almost a win-less one, a clown show ever since.
This team is stuck at 8-8. The reason is the staff, organization, and owner.
The NFL has became what NASCAR is.
190 mph billboards.
Uniforms with ads and political commentary.

I have been watching football since 1970 and there are always changes to personnel. Landry gone, next man up.
What has bothered me about the current edition of the Dolphins is their lack of a long term plan and then staying the course until this franchise returns to its winning legacy.
We are in year 3 after 10-6 and 6-10. It would be a safe bet that we finish 8-8 in 2018, 9-7 in 2019, and 7-9 in 2020.
I have zero confidence in Ross and his decisions, and even less confidence in Tannenbaum and the rest of the staff.
From 1966 to 2003 the team was respectable, from 2004-2007 the wheels fell off, and apart from 2 winning seasons and almost a win-less one, a clown show ever since.
This team is stuck at 8-8. The reason is the staff, organization, and owner.
The NFL has became what NASCAR is.
190 mph billboards.
Uniforms with ads and political commentary.
I couldn’t have said it better myself. Great minds think alike!!!

The best thing to come out of this cleansing of the program is the genetic scrubbing it will give the fanbase. Entirely too many unrealistic, dramatic, and non native South Floridian fan have polluted the narrative of this organization. If you were not born in Dade or Broward, we do not want you. We need the fans that form the spiritual heart of this organzation to start cleansing the fans we no longer want to have to endure.

The best thing to come out of this cleansing of the program is the genetic scrubbing it will give the fanbase. Entirely too many unrealistic, dramatic, and non native South Floridian fan have polluted the narrative of this organization. If you were not born in Dade or Broward, we do not want you. We need the fans that form the spiritual heart of this organzation to start cleansing the fans we no longer want to have to endure.

Says the Cornell student. lol.

Back
Top Bottom