West Virginia @ Louisville | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

West Virginia @ Louisville

adamprez2003 said:
kinda surprised WV didnt go for the 2. Guess they gotta lot of confidence
I wouldn't have gone for it either. Going for 2 this early is a death wish, especially in a game with so much scoring.

i actually thought louisville played pretty good defense prior to this game. Hadnt seen WV though

finswin56 said:
I wouldn't have gone for it either. Going for 2 this early is a death wish, especially in a game with so much scoring.

for the reason you pointed out regarding the defenses I thought they might. WV doesnt seem able to stop Louisville. You're basically asking them to stop Louisville twice this way

finswin56 said:

10 point lead isnt all that much different from a 9 point lead. So IMO you go for it to make it a one score game.

URRUTIA is gonna be sick when he goes pro....6'6" with great hands.

Alex44 said:
10 point lead isnt all that much different from a 9 point lead. So IMO you go for it to make it a one score game.
It sure is with a whole quarter to play and so much scoring obviously left.

Adamprez, it's different though. The defenses are definitely being exposed, but most of it has been in a wide open field, and it's in the context of a whole game. Up tight and with only one play is far too big a gamble this early on.

Going for 2 in the 3rd quarter is never a good idea, especially in a shootout.

finswin56 said:
It sure is with a whole quarter to play and so much scoring obviously left.

Adamprez, it's different though. The defenses are definitely being exposed, but most of it has been in a wide open field, and it's in the context of a whole game. Up tight and with only one play is far too big a gamble this early on.

Going for 2 in the 3rd quarter is never a good idea, especially in a shootout.

In general I agree with you. I wouldve broken the rule just cause of the feel of the game but the textbook play is kicking the extra point

Damn, that was too easy......final score 51-41??? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom