What are the most overrated and underrated dolphins in your opinion | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What are the most overrated and underrated dolphins in your opinion

You can call Martin overrated as far as I'm concerned, cause I think he'll do fine. His big issue was strength and bulk and there's no way he won't be bigger and stronger. And I also think he'll be better on the left side, where he played his college career. Changing sides is a big deal for certain players -I've heard it called "muscle memory"- and Martin seems to be one of them.

I dig the question. It's bringing out all kinds of interesting answers.

Among the most overrated players I think would be Pat Devlin, Matt Moore, Jorvorskie Lane, Daniel Thomas, Brian Hartline, Jon Martin, Dallas Thomas, Brandon Gibson, Jared Odrick (in current role), Vaughn Martin, Olivier Vernon, Jelani Jenkins, Jason Trusnik, Jamar Taylor, Richard Marshall, Dimitri Patterson and Chris Clemons.

Among the most underrated players I think would be Jonas Gray, Charles Clay, Rishard Matthews, Marcus Thigpen, Chad Bumphis, Michael Egnew, Josh Samuda, Jeff Adams, Derrick Shelby, Randy Starks, Koa Misi, Brent Grimes (if healthy), Nolan Carroll, John Denney and Brandon Fields.

I've never seen anyone praise DT enough to be considered overrated.
Seriously, dude can barely stay on the field and when he does he fumbles a ****ton.

Overated: Tannehill, Mat Moore, Clemons
Underated: Devlin, (Bess), (Long), (V. Davis)

I'm with you CK on Carroll and Egnew.

I think Carroll was sold last year and hopefully he'll make a jump this year. I'm very surprised by the hate he receives, especially since most of it comes from him getting burned by Andre Johnson 2 years ago. Carroll will make this team this year IMO.

I also think if Egnew works hard this offseason and gets the playbook down, which seemed to be a problem for him last year, that he will make the team over Clay. He has all the physical attributes and everyone was really high on him after we drafted him. I think people expected him to be Jimmy Graham right away and when he didn't, combined with the Hard Knocks footage, people really gave up on him fast and called him worthless. My guess is that he really surprises people this year in TC and becomes our #2 TE this year and takes over for Keller next year if all goes well.

Overrated: John Jerry (way too inconsistent)
Underrated: Cam Wake (i still think a lot of people don't realize just how good this guy really is), Nate Garner (lots of hate for a very good back-up)

A lot of people here believe Hartline is one of the better 2nd options in the league. That would be overrating him.

I haven't seen that. I think some think he's solid and others think he sucks which means the ones who think he's solid are overrating him to the ones who think he sucks. He is solid though. Still can't see how Hartline could be overrated and a guy like Risard Matthews could be underrated. That would be based on nothing other then a couple flashes in the pan and a solid because I said so.

1) Overrated: Hartline. Guy hits 1k yards(about 900 less then Calvin Johnson) and people crown him. A stiff wind blowing onto the field causes him to trip and go down.

2) Underrated: Marcus Thigpen. Hes not a playmaker or anything like that. But hes "underrated" because hes been totally forgotten. He was solid for us on Special Teams last season. Im completely comfortable with him keeping his role next season.

Wanted to put Odrick as underrated, but others covered him. Felt Thigpen deserved a mention.

Why would you even bring up Calvin Johnson? He's without a doubt the best WR in the league, so of course Hartline would have something like 900 yards less than him. No one is comparing Hartline to CJ besides you. Hartline isn't a #1 receiver, that's why people are so excited about him. We finally have a QB with a #1 receiver, our offense will be able to do some damage.

I'm just going to go with an overrated, and that overrated is Dion Jordan. The guy hasn't played one NFL down yet, and people seem to have labeled him as some sort of sack master. Where were all of those sacks in college? I'm not saying that all the hype won't come true (it might), but he's going to have to show me on the field for me to be sold on this one.

Underrated - Matt Moore (Nolan Carroll honorable mention)
Overrated - Richie Incognito, Jorvorskie Lane (Hope they proves me wrong)

Underrated - Matt Moore (Nolan Carroll honorable mention)
Overrated - Richie Incognito, Jorvorskie Lane (Hope they proves me wrong)

Nolan Carroll was probably the WORST player in our secondary last year.....he gets burned constantly by guys with average speed and route running. The guy is a bum.....hence why we loaded up at the position. GET CARROLL OFF THE FIELD!

Underrated: Clemons, Matthews and Hartline for sure. Chris has shown every year that he belongs and people still dog him. This FO knows what they're doing. Without him back there teams would bomb on us all day, because like it or not Jones IS NOT a deep cover guy and gets blown by more times than not. And I actually think Jones is really good, i'm just stating the unbiased facts. With Matthews, I couldn't help but sit back and laugh this pre/draft when people were expecting us to cut this guy for an unproven rookie LOL football noobs. Matthews showed exactly what you want a 1st year guy to show, he's here to stay folks. Hartline had breakout games and was close to breaking records for a Miami receiver and people still said he was mediocre because his name is not Calvin Johnson.... please..

Overrated: Odrick, Burnett and Dansby. Odrick doesn't bring anything that McDaniels didn't bring, and I would even argue that Tony was better in every aspect of the game @DT, seeing as that's where he'll play now.. What can I say about LB.... Ugh this offseason was so beautiful I can't even put it into words :lol:
I have been saying for 3 years now that we needed to get rid of these 2, but people believed the hype and kept saying they were good COVERAGE LB when I have NEVER seen either one make any stops or plays, unless the pass was thrown behind the receiver. They got burned time after time and were the MAJOR hole in our defense the past few years. I find it funny no one noticed how teams tightends would have huge games against us and our secondary would mostly get the blame when it was actually Dansby and Burnetts job to cover the middle. The most Overrated players I have EVER seen wear a Miami Dolphins football helmet in my entire life. Glad we have a FO that knows they're doing and glad to see faster guys that make plays on the team now in Jordan, Wheeler, Ellerbe and Jenkins.

I've never seen anyone praise DT enough to be considered overrated.
Seriously, dude can barely stay on the field and when he does he fumbles a ****ton.

People rarely speak highly of Daniel Thomas, it's true. On the other hand, I think if you asked most people who will make the 53 man roster at the RB position, the majority of them would have Daniel Thomas on that roster. I also believe if you asked people who the "tandem" will be this year, close to half of them assume it will be Lamar Miller and Daniel Thomas.

And that means he's overrated, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom