What are the most overrated and underrated dolphins in your opinion | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What are the most overrated and underrated dolphins in your opinion

One more underrated, to a degree, is Fields. Hard to say that with everyone here saying he is a great punter, and some calling him our MVP but, I think there are a lot of Phans who don't realize how important he has been to our D with field position. If we had an average punter in his place, our scoring D may have dropped 5 spots. I believe he was that important, and was very happy when we extended his contract.

Also, add in Denny, our long snapper. He is so good that many fans don't even know who he is. For years, he makes so few mistakes that his name is never called.

Our special teams and coach are all underrated.

---------- Post added at 10:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

Leave it to you to see the "Silver Lining." JK/LOL

I challenge anybody to go back and watch games of his in college and come to a different conclusion lol

I challenge anybody to go back and watch games of his in college and come to a different conclusion lol

Our coaching staff and talent evaluators did just that and obviously came to a different conclusion...

I don't understand how Hartline is overrated. If the definition of overrated is thinking a guy everything think sucks is decent than I guess he is. Many here feel he did an admirable job as a #1 WR but shouldn't be the top WR on any team hence Miami bringing in Mike Wallace. Doesn't that pretty much describe him? He beats up on bad corners which he may see a lot of in 2013 based on our aquisitions. Plenty of teams have subpar CB's, some after there 1 and others may be deeper but Hartline should do his damage this year. I can't see how anyone can list Hartline as overrated without Tannehill. Just answer this, how many threads have we seen claiming Tannehill is a top 10 or even top 5 QB in the making and how many threads have we seen stating Hartline in a top 10 or even top 5 WR. It's like a dozen or so to 0. I like Tannehill and actually have a lot of confidence that he will get better but we are a bit premature in annoiting him a franchise top 5-10 QB just yet. As for BRain Hartline, he's a pretty good solid player which I think is what many fans on here consider him. I don't see that as overrated. Guys like Lamar Miller, Ryan Tannehill and Risard Matthews are far more overrated here on Finheaven then a guy who's actually produced at a reasonibly high level in NFL games. Finheaven is funny:

Guy whos produced = overrated
Guys who have flashed in the pan = underrated

C'mon now!

A lot of people here believe Hartline is one of the better 2nd options in the league. That would be overrating him.

Our coaching staff and talent evaluators did just that and obviously came to a different conclusion...

I think they looked at the wrong players tape but Im sure those same people thought Edmund Gates had talent

I dig the question. It's bringing out all kinds of interesting answers.

Among the most overrated players I think would be Pat Devlin, Matt Moore, Jorvorskie Lane, Daniel Thomas, Brian Hartline, Jon Martin, Dallas Thomas, Brandon Gibson, Jared Odrick (in current role), Vaughn Martin, Olivier Vernon, Jelani Jenkins, Jason Trusnik, Jamar Taylor, Richard Marshall, Dimitri Patterson and Chris Clemons.

Among the most underrated players I think would be Jonas Gray, Charles Clay, Rishard Matthews, Marcus Thigpen, Chad Bumphis, Michael Egnew, Josh Samuda, Jeff Adams, Derrick Shelby, Randy Starks, Koa Misi, Brent Grimes (if healthy), Nolan Carroll, John Denney and Brandon Fields.

Egnew and Carroll underrated ? Please explain how that is so

Moore and Hartline overrated ? Would you have let the two go as free agents ?

Ck you are always on top of this so I'm not knocking it just would love to hear your logic especially on the first two.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dig the question. It's bringing out all kinds of interesting answers.

Among the most overrated players I think would be Pat Devlin, Matt Moore, Jorvorskie Lane, Daniel Thomas, Brian Hartline, Jon Martin, Dallas Thomas, Brandon Gibson, Jared Odrick (in current role), Vaughn Martin, Olivier Vernon, Jelani Jenkins, Jason Trusnik, Jamar Taylor, Richard Marshall, Dimitri Patterson and Chris Clemons.

Among the most underrated players I think would be Jonas Gray, Charles Clay, Rishard Matthews, Marcus Thigpen, Chad Bumphis, Michael Egnew, Josh Samuda, Jeff Adams, Derrick Shelby, Randy Starks, Koa Misi, Brent Grimes (if healthy), Nolan Carroll, John Denney and Brandon Fields.
How is jonathan martin overrated? Most of the people ratw him very low and dont even consider him werthy of starting

Because CK thinks Jon Martin is crap - which a lot of us disagree with completely.

I think Carroll is a bit underrated though, just like Sean Smith, people thought our entire secondary was complete **** last year but they actually held their own decently well. Carroll shouldn't be a starter, but if he's our 3rd or 4th best corner (preferably 4th) it wont be the end of the world.

Because CK thinks Jon Martin is crap - which a lot of us disagree with completely.

I think Carroll is a bit underrated though, just like Sean Smith, people thought our entire secondary was complete **** last year but they actually held their own decently well. Carroll shouldn't be a starter, but if he's our 3rd or 4th best corner (preferably 4th) it wont be the end of the world.
There might be some people around herr that likes him but overall through the media, the opinion on him is pretty low

Over: Incognito, Soliai, Carpenter

Under: Starks, Matt Moore, Reshard Jones

Overrated: Tannehill because he did nothing memorable and no personality similar to DC Comics Aquaman.

Stephen Ross for just being Stephen Ross

Mike Dee for talking too much

Nike

Underrated: Snowflake from Ace Ventura Pet Detective

Useless: Mike Wallace

Overrated: Tannehill because he did nothing memorable and no personality similar to DC Comics Aquaman.

Stephen Ross for just being Stephen Ross

Mike Dee for talking too much

Nike

Underrated: Snowflake from Ace Ventura Pet Detective

Useless: Mike Wallace

This would have been a great post if you would not have brought Tannehill into it.

Overrated:

* Lane

He is nothing. A cute story in preseason when we looked pathetically soft and desperately wanted to hype someone who could actually hit somebody

* Jones

Good player but he has more weaknesses than acknowledged around here, and is a favorite to level off. We have so few natural playmakers that Jones stands out only because he's not horrendous in that regard.

Underrated:

* Carpenter

I know he'll be gone. That doesn't mean he's not an excellent kicker. Tremendous alignment, mechanics, initial height and effortless distance. Ireland overreacted with the contract similar to Dolphin fans toward a couple of kicks

* Clay

Dangerous weapon on a team in dire need of them. Many of us expected him to break out last year. The handicapping was sensible. It just didn't work out, for whatever reason. You don't throw out the logic and be surprised when it unfolds a year later

Back
Top Bottom