What are the most overrated and underrated dolphins in your opinion | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What are the most overrated and underrated dolphins in your opinion

tanny being overrated by some only see a stat line, and don't look at the ability to read defenses, make plays and be a leader of men.

I know I'm one of the biggest homers on the site but I think he's gonna be special. With a god awful receiving corp, a shaky o line and a rb whose dancing put us in 2nd & 3rd and long a number of times, the fact that he only threw 13 ints speaks volumes to me. The guy handled blitzes like a vet and wouldn't get rattled.

I know I'm one of the biggest homers on the site but I think he's gonna be special. With a god awful receiving corp, a shaky o line and a rb whose dancing put us in 2nd & 3rd and long a number of times, the fact that he only threw 13 ints speaks volumes to me. The guy handled blitzes like a vet and wouldn't get rattled.

Exactly.

Overrated: Miller. I am very concerned that we are putting all of our eggs into one very untested basket

Underrated: Fields. Guy is a machine. Fields saved out a$$es on many, many occassions- and it didn't matter if we were winning or losing.

Overrated: Dustin Keller

Underrated: Reshad Jones

The best blocking TE in the league was the most over rated player in MIA. Luckily, he is in KC now. So right now, the only players abit over rated are Devlin, Matthews, Vernon and Miller.

While most of them have shown flashes, nothings says they are the players the fans are making them out to be.

Under rated is Starks. When you have people here who are expecting so much from Vernon and down playing Starks role in helping this DEFENSE in being consistent against the run, its shocking.

Overrated: Incognito. Solid player and a physical force, but a liability in pass coverage. Receiving a pro bowl not for his contributions is as overrated as it gets.

Underrated: Reshad Jones: Obviously everyone on a Miami Dolphins fan site is going to know who he is, and even though not many here are underrating him, he's still unknown to most of the nfl. And even though he's only had 1 great year, he really impressed me.

Overrated: Incognito. I think he is very replaceable.

Underrated: Clemons. I know he isn't the greatest, but he is at least a starting caliber safety, and far better than some we have had (Remember Gibril Wilson anyone??)

I don't think many people have a strong perception of Vernon's role, contrary to your belief. I see a lot of people EXPECTING Rishard Matthews to play a prominent role in our offense this season and I consider that overrating the guy. I haven't heard a single person really say anything about Vernon one way or another, and most people are in fact carrying a quiet optimism for him to have an increased role next season (I know I am).

And to be clear, you are hoping his role increases (I am too), but we have nothing to imply that he will be this major cog in the system. There has been nothing yet for us to EXPECT him to be a key player, though I'm sure we are all hoping. You hoping he plays a big part on our defense doesn't make the guy underrated.

How is it contrary to my belief when I just said the same thing??

To say there is nothing to make us expect him to become a key player just shows we see him differently. I see many things that shows he will in fact be a much bigger piece of the equation this upcoming year. I said NOTHING about "HOPING" he plays a big part of the defense, I said from what I see I think he WILL be a bigger part of the defense.

Obviously none of us on this board can tell the future, so this entire thread is based on speculation. Some may say Wallace is overrated, but if he leads the league in catches and yards then they were not accurate, and visa versa if those who say Wallace is underrated and he is our 3rd leading WR then they were not accurate.

Overrated: Incognito. Solid player and a physical force, but a liability in pass coverage. Receiving a pro bowl not for his contributions is as overrated as it gets.

Underrated: Reshad Jones: Obviously everyone on a Miami Dolphins fan site is going to know who he is, and even though not many here are underrating him, he's still unknown to most of the nfl. And even though he's only had 1 great year, he really impressed me.

I TOTALLY agree!!!! I can't remember a time when they ever tried Richie in pass coverage, but if they did I can't imagine he could do a lot as a DB or safety. Watching Incognito playing in pass coverage would be extremely fun to watch however. :lol:

I TOTALLY agree!!!! I can't remember a time when they ever tried Richie in pass coverage, but if they did I can't imagine he could do a lot as a DB or safety. Watching Incognito playing in pass coverage would be extremely fun to watch however. :lol:

Richie would just clothes-line the guy and say "yeah, bitch..."

I don't know why, but I also feel the same. It stems from absolutely nothing.

It is strange that we think this of Egnew, when his "highlights" were being ripped on Hard Knocks, and Sherman saying, late in the season, that he has improved. :)

From everything I have read on Egnew, not a lot, he did not play because he could not block worth a damn. I've read the same on why Miller did not see more playing time. Has anyone seen anything else?

It is strange that we think this of Egnew, when his "highlights" were being ripped on Hard Knocks, and Sherman saying, late in the season, that he has improved. :)

From everything I have read on Egnew, not a lot, he did not play because he could not block worth a damn. I've read the same on why Miller did not see more playing time. Has anyone seen anything else?

Egnew was never a good blocker in college, was pretty pitiful after catch also. He did run a good 40 in shorts though

One more underrated, to a degree, is Fields. Hard to say that with everyone here saying he is a great punter, and some calling him our MVP but, I think there are a lot of Phans who don't realize how important he has been to our D with field position. If we had an average punter in his place, our scoring D may have dropped 5 spots. I believe he was that important, and was very happy when we extended his contract.

Also, add in Denny, our long snapper. He is so good that many fans don't even know who he is. For years, he makes so few mistakes that his name is never called.

Our special teams and coach are all underrated.

---------- Post added at 10:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

Egnew was never a good blocker in college, was pretty pitiful after catch also. He did run a good 40 in shorts though

Leave it to you to see the "Silver Lining." JK/LOL

Back
Top Bottom