What gase said on Friday via pb post | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What gase said on Friday via pb post

this is a goddamn joke...guys getting paid more than any of us will make in our lifetime in one year and they dont know what the **** theyre doing because they are too lazy to learn the playbook

this is a goddamn joke...guys getting paid more than any of us will make in our lifetime in one year and they dont know what the **** theyre doing because they are too lazy to learn the playbook

Lazy is only PART of the problem

Lazy is only PART of the problem

if i were gase i would just bench landry or ajayi or whoever he is referring to...if you cant put in the time or effort i would play the guy who does, even if he is less talented he would get the snaps until the more talented player shows he knows what hes doing...its absolutely ridiculous were even discussing this about "pro athletes" who are grossly overpaid to begin with...

if players got paid by performance on a game basis, and got a bonus for a win we would see alot more effort thats for damn sure...it looks like the players are content with just showing up and collecting their checks and cant wait to get to the beach or the night club following the game

the dolphins are a ****ing joke, players going awol, coaches blowing lines before meetings sending incriminating vids to hookers, star players dont know what theyre supposed to be doing, the team is just a bad ****in joke from top to bottom

Who said they did well and knew their stuff last year.

Was it 9-2 to enbd the season? JA with 2 200 yd games. FAR fewer sacks. A whole lot of players knew their stuff. Simple O then? Same simple O now. I don't think they got dumber

Was it 9-2 to enbd the season? JA with 2 200 yd games. FAR fewer sacks. A whole lot of players knew their stuff. Simple O then? Same simple O now. I don't think they got dumber

The offense went through spurts where Gase went into his shell last year. Overall, though, it was much much better. Gase gets into these mind sets before the game even starts that his team can't do or handle something and then instead of sticking with his offense, he coaches very conservative and scared. This is when we see the predictable runs, bubble screens, throwing short of the sticks, and such. Romo and Sanders pointed out how easy if was to identify what we're trying to do and stop it. now to make matters worse Gase is openly blaming his players and calling them stupid? Gase won a lot of fans over when he cut those 3 lineman last year but is losing them with the blame game and lack of cuts or benchings this year. Why is this year different?

The offense went through spurts where Gase went into his shell last year. Overall, though, it was much much better. Gase gets into these mind sets before the game even starts that his team can't do or handle something and then instead of sticking with his offense, he coaches very conservative and scared. This is when we see the predictable runs, bubble screens, throwing short of the sticks, and such. Romo and Sanders pointed out how easy if was to identify what we're trying to do and stop it. now to make matters worse Gase is openly blaming his players and calling them stupid? Gase won a lot of fans over when he cut those 3 lineman last year but is losing them with the blame game and lack of cuts or benchings this year. Why is this year different?

I agree with every word, but I was responding to "Is the offense different this year than last? How did they know it last year but this year they don't?" Your review lists Gase and his O. If, as someone pointed out, the O improved last year when it was dumbed down and THIS year is dumbed down, I struggle with players not knowing assignments. If I knew "dumbed down" LAST year, I should know it THIS year. Yet, Gase makes this sound like something new. All 11 (with MM as QB) were here last year. And I would think, since last season, all should know the O better.

Worse, and this is blasphemy here, at times Landry looks like he's going through the motions. JT looks slow and/or unsure. Tunsil and James seem to have regressed (yes, I know most of Tunsil's snaps were OG). I thought getting to the LOS 'just in time' was Cutler. Nope, it was MM on many plays. I'd like to know what's going on. Sory, but I blame the play-calling, gameplan, and adjustments. Yes, the OGs are HORRID, but I'll bet a good OC good put up points.

Another Gase excuse thread, cute, this must be #3205 now, almost reaching Philbin level now. It just sounds like a lame excuse to me because if this was happening all along you're going to tell me that you waited a year and a half of this crap showcase to do something about it? Never going to be able to lead guys or create a "winning culture" doing that, Gase is a zombie just like Philbin and never does anything to fix the problems. This just reinforces to me he thinks his job is safe no matter what is put out there, his coaching is the same as these players just coming to work to collect their paychecks, no difference at all. This is why you needed somebody(gee I wonder who?), to actually come in and change the culture, oh wait, we already had that guy! Whoops!

People who wanted Gase deserve this, it was obvious when you saw him this is what you were going to get, and we sure got it, again. This is why nerds usually fail badly at running teams, they have no idea how to lead men in any way. Nerds usually come with a lot of bs that men get tired of quickly. They are quitting on gase because of his scared play calling and hipocrisy. Some players not knowing the playbook doesn't excuse his entire offense from being trash since the get. Always the backlash after we get destroyed, then two days later its always 50 threads that pop up that are excusing the hc for getting destroyed constantly and pointing the blame every other place but at the single guy responsible for that trash heap.

Desert ocean front property #3205.

News flash, if you are the supervisor of 60 men, and they don't do their work, you are the first one who is getting fired. Don't cry to us about the players, go do your damn job and work them until they learn.

News flash, if you are the supervisor of 60 men, and they don't do their work, you are the first one who is getting fired. Don't cry to us about the players, go do your damn job and work them until they learn.

Lol, ya, I’m sure it’s that simple.

How exactly would you work them?

What specifically should Gase be doing differently?

I would start by benching those who do not know where they should be on a particular play or whose lack of preparation is affecting the offense's performance. There are 53 players on the team and a practice squad so if another body can't fill in for someone who is hurting the teams function then we have other deep issues circling back to coaching.

Back
Top Bottom