What gase said on Friday via pb post | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What gase said on Friday via pb post

Gase better stop trying to be "Player Friendly Coach" a term I hate, and start kicking some ass on this team. The Dolphins are a dismal team right now, if you want to be here do your damn job, if not find another team. No one's job should be safe.....period.

Most alarming thing about the tape is that Ajayi is trying to hit a home run on every play

Something to watch for going forward in a wasted season

Well, we know Gase has had a beef with Ajayi right out of the gate last year.

Alot of that got overlooked due to the success Jay had last year. Now that he can't do that it is getting under his skin again.

I think its more than Ajayi trying to bust the big play though. We have WRs and returners constantly losing yardage by running east-west every time they touch the ball.

Everyone wants to pull a Landry move, and its not working. Parker got hurt doing that, Stills lost 1st down yardage on a play, and our returners rarely get the ball to the 20 yard line.

So I think the home run comment applies to more than just Jay.

Clearly, he's pissed at Ajayi as well as some others. Ajayi hasn't done **** this season. He had 1 decent game. Bench him and give Drake and Perry more touches. Drake hasn't shown much with what he has been given, but it's a tiny sample size. Williams is the one who spells Ajayi, and he is clearly part of the problem too. Let Drake and Perry play. It can't be any worse than what we are seeing. Yes, a lot falls on the Oline, but maybe we have something in 1 of these 2, or both. Maybe we don't, but it's worth a shot to find out. It may also put a fire under Ajayi's ***. He seemed to respond to being left home from London last year. He may have a sense of entitlement. Bench him and see if he works harder. If not, get the **** out.

I would play Perry some

But it’s not gonna have the same effect on the d as the downhill threat of Ajayi but it may be time to teach the Englishman a lesson

Most alarming thing about the tape is that Ajayi is trying to hit a home run on every play

Something to watch for going forward in a wasted season

Right now, Ajayi looks like he couldn’t hit a home run even working with Barry Bonds’ chemical regimen.

I was blown away by how slow he looked on Thursday night.

Right now, Ajayi looks like he couldn’t hit a home run even working with Barry Bonds’ chemical regimen.

I was blown away by how slow he looked on Thursday night.

I also noticed something about his game was off. He took a few hard hits to the knee in the 1st quarter, and he's the kind of guy that wouldn't tell you if he's hurt. He did look like he was running at about 80% speed.

I don’t care what percent you are you need to follow the damn blocking

Draws and delays there’s no reason you should be horizontal unless you have to be

He had a bit of a bounce tendency in college too

Outside of Ajayi assuming gase doesn’t want him gone I’d have a new running back room in 2018

You don’t want to part with tone setters and backs that dictate to the opposition though.

They are hard to come by

Now that Gase has admitted that guys aren't prepared, the lack of intensity makes sense. You cannot be intense and play fast if you are not sure what to do on a play. You don't run the route with conviction, you don't block with conviction, you don't run the ball with conviction, and you don't throw the ball with conviction if you don't know your assignment or if you question whether your teammate knows their assignment.
I agree 100% with all of this! However it confuses and disappoints me when Gase points the finger at his players. No great teacher ever pointed at his students as the reason they failed. They adapt, change when necessary, and do everything they can to ensure their students are prepared. I mean it's not like all of a sudden players Ajayi and Landry have become lazy imbeciles! Do your job Gase and coach them up!

I agree 100% with all of this! However it confuses and disappoints me when Gase points the finger at his players. No great teacher ever pointed at his students as the reason they failed. They adapt, change when necessary, and do everything they can to ensure their students are prepared. I mean it's not like all of a sudden players Ajayi and Landry have become lazy imbeciles! Do your job Gase and coach them up!

It took 6 games to figure out players went making the right plays?

For those saying "cut everyone"..........almost everyone is on a GTM kind of deal. We can't cut anyone thanks to our bad cap situation. These are the players that for the most part we're gonna have to roll with for this season.

Ozzy rules!!

Gase better stop trying to be "Player Friendly Coach" a term I hate, and start kicking some *** on this team. The Dolphins are a dismal team right now, if you want to be here do your damn job, if not find another team. No one's job should be safe.....period.
He's not a player friendly coach at all. He'll stick up for the select few he considers his guys and leave anyone else out to dry.

Clearly, he's pissed at Ajayi as well as some others. Ajayi hasn't done **** this season. He had 1 decent game. Bench him and give Drake and Perry more touches. Drake hasn't shown much with what he has been given, but it's a tiny sample size. Williams is the one who spells Ajayi, and he is clearly part of the problem too. Let Drake and Perry play. It can't be any worse than what we are seeing. Yes, a lot falls on the Oline, but maybe we have something in 1 of these 2, or both. Maybe we don't, but it's worth a shot to find out. It may also put a fire under Ajayi's ***. He seemed to respond to being left home from London last year. He may have a sense of entitlement. Bench him and see if he works harder. If not, get the **** out.
I think that he's really pissed at Drake too. That is why his opportunities have been limited.

There’s a reason that every time the coaches talk about Parker it’s high praise. He puts in the work.

Landry, as we can tell from this, doesn’t. He’s to limited a player to not put in extra work.

Every time? What about when he was too dumb to properly hydrate himself, or wouldn't eat breakfast before practice, or wasn't putting enough time into rehabbing injuries? You're blinded by your viewpoints. Landry > Parker and always will be

These are all players from last year. I dont understand this at all. Is the offense different this year than last? How did they know it last year but this year they dont?
Who said they did well and knew their stuff last year.

Back
Top Bottom