What gase said on Friday via pb post | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What gase said on Friday via pb post

I think the saddest part of this situation is that, as fans, we watch the team come out flat every week, looking unmotivated, unprepared, almost disinterested. We mention it here in the forums, but we can’t truly know it to be the case.

Well, now Gase has actually confirmed it. These guys don’t have enough pride in their work to be ready to play. They see the repeated poor starts, but somehow we do just enough to win, and they think they’re good enough to win without the extra effort.

And this is why when they play a team like Baltimore or New England, they get stomped.

It just became even more difficult to root for this current squad of players. You really have to feel for guys like Wake, who give everything they have for this team.

Now that Gase has admitted that guys aren't prepared, the lack of intensity makes sense. You cannot be intense and play fast if you are not sure what to do on a play. You don't run the route with conviction, you don't block with conviction, you don't run the ball with conviction, and you don't throw the ball with conviction if you don't know your assignment or if you question whether your teammate knows their assignment.

No he knows the fanbase is in pure love with Ajayi and Landry, for Ajayi I understand. But Landry I don’t.

We dont know he is talking about Landry. I am pretty sure he is talking about Ajayi though. He refuses to block.

He said this is been going on for 2 years I'm a little perplexed why this wasn't addressed in the offseason or preseason and a little disheartened that he was ready to roll through the season with the constant lack of emotion and slow starts. Definitely should have been addressed through player acquisition or cuts this past offseason.

They drop 40 points on us and Gase says, "The defense is OK"

The only stat they achieved on us was the 174 rushing yards. But they still only had a net of 295 total yards against our D despite the lopsided score. Remember, moore gave them 14 points on his own.
The D was not the issue, at least they had fire.

I'm seriously tired of Landry. Supposed to be these great hands but he's dropping so many now and this whole "I'm too good to put that extra work in" crap is for the birds. Has anyone truly seen a receiver worth the kind of money he's going to want? I sure haven't. I don't care any more about the "fire" he shows when he gets the ball. That fire ain't worth JACK **** when you aren't getting the ball!

So we had to completely dumb down the offense because players don't want to study or learn the offense?! Then in turn, the opposing defenses know what we're running. I have never in my life heard of such stupidity in professional sports.

The only stat they achieved on us was the 174 rushing yards. But they still only had a net of 295 total yards against our D despite the lopsided score. Remember, moore gave them 14 points on his own.

I'm seriously tired of Landry. Supposed to be these great hands but he's dropping so many now and this whole "I'm too good to put that extra work in" crap is for the birds. Has anyone truly seen a receiver worth the kind of money he's going to want? I sure haven't. I don't care any more about the "fire" he shows when he gets the ball. That fire ain't worth JACK **** when you aren't getting the ball!

But the defense was not very good. We had a ton of missed tackles and the Ravens ran the ball down our throat which was very disheartening.

He said this is been going on for 2 years I'm a little perplexed why this wasn't addressed in the offseason or preseason and a little disheartened that he was ready to roll through the season with the constant lack of emotion and slow starts. Definitely should have been addressed through player acquisition or cuts this past offseason.

There is the unknown effect of Tannehill's absence, however. By all accounts he was poised to help this team reach a new level this season, and the absence of a player who was apparently heavily driven in that manner, especially at the QB position, could very well be profound in terms of its effect on the team culture.

Do these idiotic players who are not not putting forth the time to study and learn the offense think they're going to go to another team and just go through the motions also? They won't have a long NFL career if they're lazy.

On one running play, he pulled a Cutler from that wildcat snap. Just stood there and didn't move. On another Ajayi run, his man was the difference from the 5 yards we got and what could have been a huge run except he didn't even try to get in the DB's way. Landry looks like all he wants to do is pad his stats to make it more likely he gets a big contract from somebody. I hope its not us.

We need to find some physical WRs. Carroo has the build to be a physical guy and be a good blocking WR. Parkler is as soft as cotton and Landry and Stills can't block for crap.

Gase is on a short leash with me right now. I haven't completely decided to turn on him and I'm actually more intrigued right now. Maybe he needed to reach this point in order to be mentally where he needs to be with this team. Or maybe this adversity breaks him fully.
I'm ready to see if he actually takes the drastic steps needed. If not, I'm done with him. (For whatever that's worth)

Most alarming thing about the tape is that Ajayi is trying to hit a home run on every play

Something to watch for going forward in a wasted season

Back
Top Bottom