What gase said on Friday via pb post | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What gase said on Friday via pb post

3rd down sticks stop route to Julius to open the 2nd half got to have it and we get a terrible throw

This is about when I was ready to turn the tv off

The whole Parker's not playing because the Ravens are too physical comment, almost makes me ill. Are you ****ing kidding me!? Did Parker puss out, or did Gase let him puss out? Either way, it's a joke.

The whole Parker's not playing because the Ravens are too physical comment, almost makes me ill. Are you ****ing kidding me!? Did Parker puss out, or did Gase let him puss out? Either way, it's a joke.
I think Gase didn’t want a setback. Sacrifice the ravens game and have Parker for the rest of the season after he’s healed up after the 10 day break.

I think Gase didn’t want a setback. Sacrifice the ravens game and have Parker for the rest of the season after he’s healed up after the 10 day break.

I'm sure you're right, it just didn't come across that way reading the link. I need to watch Gases presser.

Last pick 6 is just sitting on the qbs eyes. Once again should have thrown the hot

Saw the off coverage pre snap no account for the ss blitzer at the los was going to stills there all the way off corner just sitting on Moore’s eyes jumps it walks in

The problem Gase faces is this:

A talented player doesn't work at knowing the system, just learning enough to be a C- student. If the coach fires him, he will be pissed off and afraid. He will work hard for the next team that hires him, thus hurting the team that let him go by:

1) playing well against them
2) putting himself in a position to say it wasn't me, it was that lousy coach.

Gase made only one mistake. He gave his players credit for an apparent willingness to work that they did not follow thru on after last year. It takes a year to not just learn, but know his playbook. This 2nd year is now showing who followed through and who didn't in mastering the playbook during the off season.

Gase did not throw anyone under the bus. Gases answers were straight forward. He still supported some of his players when there was a basis for that support. The offense had an offseason to finalize their knowledge of the play book. Some failed. There is no longer a base for support for those guys. They failed publically and have not shown any improvement this year; some may have even regressed. This last game was the most obvious.

Gases play calling compensated for their lack of knowledge because, as Gase has pointed out, who else was there. He needed to put the players promising the best chance to win on the field. They did not live up to their promise. Many tried to coast and now it has caught up with them. I anticipate other team members will get an opportunity because Gase no longer trusts some of these players. This isn't the first time he has had problems with AJ. These guys have no one to blame but themselves for what happens to them. I anticipate some benching's for next weeks game and more than one outright cut or trade after next weeks game. We will need to take the dregs form the FA market just to be able to field a team.

Gase has shown us what he could do with a mixed lot of 2nd level players and a few talented players last year. Now its the owners turn to show Gase that he has the time to bring in the type of smart, hard working players he needs to support his playbook. If he can get 5 winners each draft and 2 good FA's each year, 3 years should be enough to have established a perennial contender. We have one of those drafts in place. His first draft was a plug the worst holes kind of draft. Any of those players still on the field 2 years from now would be a bonus.

First carry of the last drive Kenyan Drake bounces it outside the #s when it should be between the tackle and tight end. Instead he’s trying to go outside of the flex tight end and inside the boundary wr. Gets strung out gains nothing

I’m so tired of watching this guy not take the ball where it should

God I want to trade that so damn bad

God dang combo block by the tackle is the gap the ball should go in and it’s gonna spring large with how deep the safety is if he just takes the damn thing where he should.

Get rid of this guy.

I feel for Gase but I don't get the sense he has a plan to turn things around. You can't cut players or bench them you've got no depth. So his hands are somewhat tied other than calling out players publicly. Hope that works otherwise he will lose the locker room.
And I really like his up front no BS talk.

RE: Parker... if you listen to the press conference in its entirety, it's clear that he's actually not calling out Parker. He says that Parker wanted to play and that Gase made the decision to hold him out because he hadn't seen anything physical in practice yet after he got cleared to go again. Pretty clear that it was the coach's decision to hold him and be careful with the injury, and not a call-out of the player.

The disturbing thing about this information is that even the best players are suffering from this issue, which means there is likely very little if any of the leadership among the players needed to correct it.

Think of how Tom Brady or Dan Marino would address this issue. They'd be in the faces of their teammates, demanding it improve. Here we apparently may have only the head coach doing that cajoling.

That's a whole lot weaker from a team culture perspective, and because of that I don't expect this issue to improve.

The players make each other accountable. If the best ones on this team are just as guilty as the worst ones with regard to the issue that's making the team play poorly, how can there be any accountability among the players? Who could possibly speak up in the locker room and have a voice that commands any attention or respect?

Last edited:
RE: Parker... if you listen to the press conference in its entirety, it's clear that he's actually not calling out Parker. He says that Parker wanted to play and that Gase made the decision to hold him out because he hadn't seen anything physical in practice yet after he got cleared to go again. Pretty clear that it was the coach's decision to hold him and be careful with the injury, and not a call-out of the player.

Yep, just watched Gases presser, and Adam made the call to not play him. Gase was PISSED at that presser. Wow! Offense better get it's head into the game. Gase totally calling them out.

We were so close to the pats and making it a competition for the division. Now they will walk away with the crown again. Because this team has no juice, and I don't mean Landry.

Back
Top Bottom