What if Andrew Luck is Tim Couch? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What if Andrew Luck is Tim Couch?

What a new and enlightening topic you brought up. I thank you for presenting such a stimulating issue that im sure will peak the interest of countless dolphin fans. Im actually surprised that this point hasnt been brought up before. Tell me good sir what allowed you to come up with such a unique perspective? Im sure we wait on bated breath for your next post which will pose other such enlightening questions like which came first the chicken or the egg, who really killed JR and of course the question thats been hounding me for years.....how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop.

Or Joey Harrington

Everyone keeps saying what if and always uses a bad quaterback, suck as harrington, leaf, or couch. What if he is as good as Elway, manning, or Stafford? Always with the doom and gloom around here, never that he might actually be good. I guess will see when he lands in Indy and they win 12-14 games a season for another decade why we sit in the afc cellar with Matt (flavor of the week) Moore.

Or Joey Harrington
A comment like this just shows that you know nothing about these prospects or why Joey was drafted as high as he was. Joey Harrington was a 2nd round prospect that only the imbecile Matt Millen would take in the top of the first round draft. Guy was desperate to convince himself that he was a top 10 draft pick that he even made some calls around the league asking if they would take him that high, of course they gave him a professional answer but neither would take him that high though it worked out for them because that means that's one stupid team passing up on talent for a huge project that was Harrington.

So basically everyone moved up on the draft by 1 pick.

After months of discussion, after all the times I've made this point, I am simply at a loss as to why people can't understand this:

Top rated players in drafts are not all equal. Andrew Luck does not have the same hype as Tim Couch because they were/will be the first overall pick in the draft. If they were all the same, we would have been doing this years ago. We would have been Cryin for Ryan, Sucking for Stafford, Blowing for Bradford and we would even have our own group of Negative Newton's last year. We didn't, and it's because a guy like Andrew Luck comes around once every 20 years. And by that I mean a guy with Andrew Luck's potential comes around. Could he be a bust? I suppose it's possible, but he has more potential to be a star than any of the guys I mentioned (who all have been good btw) and especially any of the guys previously mentioned in this thread.

BTW, you say you get the hype surrounding Luck? Well, you really don't and it's obvious by suggesting that he has the same bust potential as Tim Couch.

Over the past 12+ years, we have seen that our team is consistently terrible at evaluating and drafting QBs. Hey, I accept that it's difficult and many other teams have struggled to evaluate talent but if we haven't got the skills to evaluate within the organization, maybe we get a hired gun and pay to rank them 1,2,3,4, etc from someone with proven skills.
Within the field of talent evaluation there is someone like a Ron Wolf or maybe it's a former top QB like Warren Moon who was instrumental in developing Cam Newton, etc. But if we are honest and don't have the skills "in-house" then pay to get it.

After months of discussion, after all the times I've made this point, I am simply at a loss as to why people can't understand this:

Top rated players in drafts are not all equal. Andrew Luck does not have the same hype as Tim Couch because they were/will be the first overall pick in the draft. If they were all the same, we would have been doing this years ago. We would have been Cryin for Ryan, Sucking for Stafford, Blowing for Bradford and we would even have our own group of Negative Newton's last year. We didn't, and it's because a guy like Andrew Luck comes around once every 20 years. And by that I mean a guy with Andrew Luck's potential comes around. Could he be a bust? I suppose it's possible, but he has more potential to be a star than any of the guys I mentioned (who all have been good btw) and especially any of the guys previously mentioned in this thread.

BTW, you say you get the hype surrounding Luck? Well, you really don't and it's obvious by suggesting that he has the same bust potential as Tim Couch.

EXACTLY! Thank you x3

what if I forget to turn the oven on to cook the turkey on Thanksgiving Day?

If Andrew Luck is the next Tim Couch than Indy will be screwed in 3 to 5 years. lol

What if he's the next Peyton Manning or John Elway?

I'd rather take the risk and get a bust than not take the risk and miss out on a franchise QB.

Also, what are the similarities between Andrew Luck and Tim Couch, besides potential draft position?

The overall #1 pick has not won a super bowl with the team that drafted him since 98

Back
Top Bottom