What if Andrew Luck is Tim Couch? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What if Andrew Luck is Tim Couch?

It's not that we think that luck has zero chance to bust, it's that some people seem to think he has an equal chance to bust as couch, leaf, Carr, Harrington or akili smith

It's like if I said shaq and Lebron could of just easily busted as pervis Ellison simply because they were all drafted one

I agree, I certainly don't like the comparisons to any of those guys . . . Luck has the work ethic, the smarts, instincts, the mobility, the accuracy, he throws with touch and he has enough arm to be a great NFL QB.

I would be extremely surprised if Andrew Luck doesn't end up being a franchise QB in the NFL . . . . but anything is possible if you put a guy in the wrong system, situation, on a team run by a bunch of morons and coached by guys who don't hav a clue. Dolphins need to ensure they don't have that problem.

I agree, I certainly don't like the comparisons to any of those guys . . . Luck has the work ethic, the smarts, instincts, the mobility, the accuracy, he throws with touch and he has enough arm to be a great NFL QB.

I would be extremely surprised if Andrew Luck doesn't end up being a franchise QB in the NFL.

Exactly. So what is wrong with wanting that. What is wrong with wanting to lose meaningless games to take a chance on that.

Someone posted a great point the other day. Why do SFL fans get annoyed when others say we aren't real fans? Because we are willing to sacrifice a season and take one for the team if it means a brighter future.

We are willing to suffer a horrible season if it means a unique qb prospect. While the ones who criticize us want instant gratification and meaningless wins so they are happy for a couple of hours on Sunday. Then they try to justify it to themselves by comparing luck to a bunch of busts.

Last edited by a moderator:
My last post on page 8 of this thread...

Some of you need to read it again and again.

Football is not just football. Football, like everything else in this world, changes. And people have to adapt and adjust to changes.

It's insane just how much the NFL has changed over the past three years.

Tim Couch, Ryan Leaf, etc., those dudes should never be mentioned again in today's NFL.

Totally different game today. Not even close to similar.

Exactly. So what is wrong with wanting that. What is wrong with wanting to lose meaningless games to take a chance on that.

Someone posted a great point the other day. Why do SFL fans get annoyed when others say we aren't real fans? Because we are willing to sacrifice a season and take one for the team if it means a brighter future.

Do you really believe this? What about future coaches who could be interested in the Dolphins job and that are turned off by a team that loses games because they can't keep their composure, or give up when things go bad? I don't care if you root for your team to lose . . . but to get mad when they play well is just dumb to me . . . and they played well on Sunday. I mean these men have a job to do, and that is to give it everything they have every week . . . and calling yourself a "fan" by being upset with that performance just doesn't make theoretical sense.

Some may think having the #1 pick and access to Luck would overcome that . . . I don't believe it . . . and I don't want a bunch of quitters on this team going forward. I feel a sense of satisfaction that whoever comes in to coach next season is walking into a team that has dealt with incompitence from the coaching staff and still gave a hell of an effort despite the obstacles. That shows resolve and Stephen Ross better be prepared to hire a team that is good enough to win a championship without Andrew Luck . . . and if the skies align and we hire a group like that . . . and get Andrew Luck on top of it . . . well yea, I'm dancing in the streets.

I think "not" getting Andrew Luck doesn't mean we won't have a bright future, it just means we need more faith in our coaches and GM to bring in the right QB (that is eligible for us to get) and the right surrounding cast to be successful.

It seems like Dolphin fans find ways to be more and more dissappointed every year and this "Suck 4 Luck" campaign is a shining example of that. Getting mad after your team plays great is the new low (regardless of the competition because even the Saints can lose to the Rams any given Sunday). It is understandable if they played like crap and backed into a win, but they really gave a great effort and I for one can't root against that effort or be mad at the team for that effort.

I thought that is what being a fan is all about.

Noone is saying the team is losing on purpose. We just want them to lose. Having luck here gives you a much greater chance of getting the coach of your choice than arbitrary and unqualitative reasons like theyre playing with pride or aren't quitters.

Noone is saying the team is losing on purpose. We just want them to lose. Having luck here gives you a much greater chance of getting the coach of your choice than arbitrary and unqualitative reasons like theyre playing with pride or aren't quitters.

Wanting them to lose to KC after the effort they played with doesn't scream "fan" to me. You can spin that any way you want . . . you can say I want a bright future . . . yada, yada, yada . . . you don't control the pick, you have no clue what any coach/GM combo is gonna do . . . why not take part in what you can control, which is the fanhood of your team and enjoying a solid performance they put up on Sunday. You can weigh percentages on how much Andrew Luck would help us in the future, but a team learning how to win in the face of adversity, preparing for a proven coaching staff/GM who doesn't need some QB being put on a much too high of a pedastool to cover up the flaws they may have running the team mean a hell of a lot to me and this Dolphins team going forward.

All these coach and GM changes over the years, all the passings of potential franchise QB's . . . even when guys are eligible to be drafted and available when we pick . . . and we have never hit. What makes you believe Andrew Luck gets selected and 5 years down the line we are on this board talking about how Carl Peterson passed on Matt Barkley (obviously hypothetical)? You can't control the future, so may as try your best in enjoying the present and I enjoyed that performance on Sunday.

You haven't been a Dolphins fan very long if you think Andrew Luck secures us of a bright future. I have to see it to believe it and then be told "I told you so" by the people who share your theory. I don't mind being wrong in hindsight but I'd be foolish to believe that anybody has the right path for this team to get back on top. Just let it happen man.

People keep saying this stuff about how getting this great college QB will get you your coach..... The coach will be here long before the draft, do you people not see that?? What do you think, Ross is going to run the draft himself and then go after a coach?
Every time I hear this it makes me wonder what you people are on.

People keep saying this stuff about how getting this great college QB will get you your coach..... The coach will be here long before the draft, do you people not see that?? What do you think, Ross is going to run the draft himself and then go after a coach?
Every time I hear this it makes me wonder what you people are on.

If we locked up the #1 overall pick we'd have coaches lining up to take the job.

Two deep? Really?

Dolphins have some decent talent on the team, free agent paradise, goofball owner willing to empty pockets and you have Andrew Luck staring you in the face?

Two deep??

See that just made you look like a complete retard. So teams offering 3-4 years of 1st round pics a fact? No its your dumb opinion. Why are you calling the non Luck supporter "Stupid " because we express our own opinion. All we are saying he can easily be a bust. The same way Mr.Luck can be winning 5 superbowls in a row he can be the guy we will be talking about in 2020 draft "Hey remember when that Luck kid had everything, the smarts, athleticism, arm strength and accuracy?" Unless you can see the future then you should not be assuming things. He is not a sure thing. The best bet to have success maybe, but a sure thing and win 14 wins his first season plus multiple superbowls! Yea thats just plain ignorance. Dan Marino did not win a superbowl.

Are you dear fans also implying Luck will be a better QB than Dan? Because apparently he will win multiple Superbowls! ;)

Btw, I prefer to offer 3-4 1st rounders ( with a few 2nd) for Rodgers. Would you do the same trade? So my question to you. If you had
a chance of drafting Luck or getting Rodgers would you pull the trigger for Rodgers?
Too dumb of a post to give it a serious reply. Try again.

Btw, I prefer to offer 3-4 1st rounders ( with a few 2nd) for Rodgers. Would you do the same trade? So my question to you. If you had a chance of drafting Luck or getting Rodgers would you pull the trigger for Rodgers?

This might be the worst two lines ever posted on Finheaven. What the hell is the point of asking this? Of course we all would take Aaron Rodgers today over the possibility of drafting Andrew Luck, but the last time I checked, Rodgers isn't on the trading block. The Dolphins have no chance of getting Aaron Rodgers. They had a really good chance of landing Andrew Luck. Who knows, they still might. That is Miami's best chance at greatness. I understand that even though I would bet serious money on it, getting Luck doesn't guarantee greatness, but wouldn't you want to increase the odds?

By the way, of course no one has offered the Colts 3-4 first overall picks, you complete retard. There are still eight weeks left of the regular season. Why would someone offer a team who theoretically could finish 7-9 multiple first round picks for their first round pick? You have to wait until the end of the season to see what trade offers will be on the table. Having said that, people around the league, people MUCH smarter than you, have suggested that it will take three first round picks to land the first pick and the rights to Andrew Luck.

I think the common ground here is we all realize that we need a franchise QB to succeed. I agree that Luck is the closest thing to a sure thing you can get. I think it is important to note that Manning has only won 1 super bowl, so even if Luck is as good as Manning what are we guaranteed 1 super bowl (I will elect to leave out Manning's 11 playoff appearance to strengthen my argument).

We would all be thrilled to have Luck, but if we don't get him we won't have 10 guys on the field next year. I think it is important to consider how much better Luck will be than Barkley. That is really all were missing out on. I mean if we have the choice to draft Manning or Brees I think most would choose Manning, but Brees wouldn't be a bad consolation. I am not directly comparing these guys to Manning and Brees I just think we have to consider how close the talent levels are and how much we actually lose if we don't get Luck.

I don't know and I don't think anyone will until they take the field. I just hope Barkley comes out next year.

really, there is no coaching job that many people would turn down. Oakland had issues with Al Davis being too demanding. Buffalo had issues due to uncertainty with financial background and whether or not the team would stay in Buffalo (and as good of a job as Gailey has done there, EVERYBODY laughed at the hire) I think Jacksonville could have trouble finding a new HC due to similar reasons.

Back
Top Bottom