What if we cut Suh after this season? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What if we cut Suh after this season?

One thing is true. Since Gase got here the drafting has been better. Gase is very smart and our FO is following his lead. He is slowly but surely building a powerful, talented, athletic roster of quality guys. We'll be fine as long as we can hold on to Coach Gase. I hope he's a 10 year+ Coach for the Dolphins. We're not there yet and these injuries are decimating the quality of the depth in some areas. We replaced Tannehill with a guy close in talent but we'll be hard pressed to pull off the same magic at Mike. The McMillan injury is an atomic crusher, really hurts, but he's still just a 2 down rookie so we'll manage. I see us bringing in the best possible vet to fill in at LBer. Lippett is such a quality kid, really coming on, such a shame. Lippett is a hit we can survive but these out for the year injuries have to stop or we'll be hard pressed to field a team of guys we've heard of!!!! How bad could things get? We'll bring back Dallas Thomas!!! Kidding, we can use a laugh with all these damn injuries. Make It Stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The goal of a franchise is to acquire talent. Many people confuse the acquisition of talent with the saving of cap space. You can't save your way to a championship. Keep Suh.

Bess and Hartline were considered really good for awhile by us fans. I can see Landry having a big impact but Parker has been irrelevant for the most part especially when comparing the impact Suh brings. Suh gets doubled teamed and stills makes plays and all pro teams. You cannot possibly want Parker or Landry over Suh. The talent isn't comparable. Suh is HOFer while Parker has been a disappointment as a 1st round receiver. Landry has had an awesome start to his career but there's still a debate inside the Dolphins front office whether or not he's worth a #1 receivers money. Judging by the lack of contract talks, I believe they're hoping Parker breaks out and we can replace Landry rather than pay him as a top notch receiver like he wants. (Love Landry but he isn't even our most valuable offensive player IMO)

lol do you even watch the games? Parker has made so many incredible plays its not even funny. Our WRS dont need 1500 yards and 15 tds we have a trio that works together we don't have just one WR to rely on. NOTHING, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT DEVANTE PARKER HAS BEEN A DISAPPOINTMENT. That is a hilariously absurd statement

I couldn't disagree more. I guess you don't remember the days of Davone Bess Brian Hartline and Legadoodoo Nanee. Our defense has been much better in previous years than at any point with Suh. Not saying it's his fault but Landry and Parker have had far more impact than Suh and they still haven't (nor will they this year) have a good oline that allows the QB to thrive even more

WRs will never have more impact than DT. They're flashier and more fun to watch, sure, but a top DT does more for your defense than a top WR does for your offense, no matter how many shitty player names you drop. This is particularly true when you are talking about one of the top DTs in the game vs one top 20 WR and an injury-prone WR who has yet to reach his potential. And you can easily use the bolded qualifier with Suh and point out that he hasn't played with a good linebacking corps.

If somebody said to me, "you can have Suh or Landry, but not both," that would be the easiest goddamn decision. Landry and Parker or Suh? Only mildly more difficult, but same.

If we cut Suh, we will go from having a big hole in the middle of the defense, to having a HUGE hole in the middle of the defense. I don't know, could be just me, but I believe the point of creating a championship team is to continue to make a team better, not find a way to make them weaker, while saving money.

Miami needs to have a backup plan, if and when Suh has to leave, but of it is possible to negotiate a contract with him, where it will not effect the team's Cap to badly, you try to do it, or rissk having to yet again have to start from scratch to create a good defense.

Give this guy a break, he's probably a 10 year old transitioning from Madden...

This is probably the most football ignorant post i have seen in a very long time.

Yeah 3 time DPOY JJ Watt has gotten Houston where exactly? He plays a position that's even more important than DT and it hasn't helped Houston. Suh has how many playoff wins with Miami and Detroit? Yeah you don't overpay players that don't touch the ball. Especially a DT.

Last edited:
How far has DeAndre Hopkins gotten Houston? Their defense is the only thing that got them in the playoffs the last two years. They even had a 90+ rated QB for 5 seasons.

Point being, it takes a team. No 1 player is going to get you anywhere. Not even a QB.

WRs will never have more impact than DT. They're flashier and more fun to watch, sure, but a top DT does more for your defense than a top WR does for your offense, no matter how many ****ty player names you drop. This is particularly true when you are talking about one of the top DTs in the game vs one top 20 WR and an injury-prone WR who has yet to reach his potential. And you can easily use the bolded qualifier with Suh and point out that he hasn't played with a good linebacking corps.

If somebody said to me, "you can have Suh or Landry, but not both," that would be the easiest goddamn decision. Landry and Parker or Suh? Only mildly more difficult, but same.

Its more about his supporting cast. If we had elite linebackers and elite corners to make Suhs impact even great than of course Suh is the guy you pick out of those 3 but Miami hasn't had that in these 2 years and don't project to have any elite players outside of Reshad so Suh is only as great as his help. Parker and Landry have incredible help which only strengthens their impact and value to this team. Lets not try to pretend we are a team that sacks the QB or stops the run because our run defense was historically bad last year and we finished 19th in sacks and 29th in yards allowed. Our defense albeit depleted was dreadful last year. Suh is the best player on the defense and that is on him he is the leader. For this team Landry and Parker are more valuable by far. Our defense was far better when had a solid 3 man rotation at DT and not 1 superstar and 2 half ass filler DTs.

Yeah 3 time DPOY JJ Watt has gotten Houston where exactly? He plays a position that's even more important than DT and it hasn't helped Houston. Suh has how many playoff wins with Miami and Detroit? Yeah you don't overpay players that don't touch the ball. Especially a DT.
Please stop now, please.

Why get rid of a HOF talent?

Stupid.

Let him be a Miami Dolphin in the HOF.

Suh can take on all the double teams in the world but he's not going to the hall unless either the team starts having great success, or the defense becomes dominant or Suh himself starts putting up big sack numbers.

Like everyone else has said, it takes a team full of good players and good coaching to be successful. Not to be that guy but this team never won a Superbowl with the greatest quarterback in NFL history. Maybe they should have cut him or traded him back in the 80's and 90's to have a better shot according to your logic???

lol do you even watch the games? Parker has made so many incredible plays its not even funny. Our WRS dont need 1500 yards and 15 tds we have a trio that works together we don't have just one WR to rely on. NOTHING, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT DEVANTE PARKER HAS BEEN A DISAPPOINTMENT. That is a hilariously absurd statement

Do I even watch the games? That's funny bud..lol Ya he's shown flashes of greatness and then is nowhere to be found in most games. What's great is I actually defend Parker if you actually came on the site more often. Actually, it's a known subject in the Dolphins FO that they need to get more out of him. You must like wasting draft picks or have low standards for a first round receiver 82 rec, 1238 yds, and 7 tds!!!! WOW!!! Ya that's two years not one like a 1st round RECEIVER should be getting. Landry sure doesn't seem to have a problem as he has better stats in 1 season than Devante's career lol Ya dude Devante has came in the league and has torn it up...As we ALL see in new articles on a weekly basis saying that Devante has underachieved and this should be his year, you can go with he's been a godsend. 744 yds and 4 tds is terrible for Devante. I love Devante but the truth is the truth.

Back
Top Bottom