What validates board optimism!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What validates board optimism!!!

Denny

GENERAL MANAGER
Reaction score
I have noticed recently that there are policeman on this board that will attack with fury anyone who has a negative outlook about the Dolphins, Wanny, Fiedler and so on. You could almost predict the handles that will be burning up there keyboards to defend Wanny or the most recent Dolphin move. For those people, I ask you this one question. What has Wanny and the Dolphins done since taking over for JJ to validate optimism and protection?

Was it the complete meltdown in 2002 against New England?

Was it the failure to win two close games against New England in 2003?

Was it the complete meltdown against Minnesotta when Wanny went ultra conservative?

Was it the decision to choose the dirt infield to kick a fieldgoal in overtime because of the so-called wind in the New England game in 2003?

Is it the complete ultra conservative philosophy of Wanny to keep the game close, play not to lose, hope for the best in the 4th quarter attitude?

Is it Wanny's complete and dire love for Jay?

Is it the way the Dolphins looked like a circus for Marino, failure to pre-check Mcintosh, GM hiring, Offensive Coordinator fiasco.

Is it the fact that this team has failed to make the playoffs the last two years with so-called more talent?

Why the optimism?

Disclaimer: please refrain from answering this thread with your not a true fan, it is better to be optimisitic, I never feel let down until I read your post, your always negative, isnt it better to be optimistic, the truth sucks so I write threads in a fantasy world.

Dolphins are not a playoff team. Remember that the next time you defend Wanny and his moves.

yeayeayeyayea... And if you show any optimism at all, you are labeled a "homer". That is every bit as bad as what you are complaining about. Your post doesn't get me down, because I can think for myself and I think there are quite a few questions marks on this team, but I happen to think that maybe when these questions are answered, maybe it will be to our benefit.

Optimism is looking to the FUTURE with a positive mindset.

All the crap you mentioned is dwelling on the past. If that is what you are into, more power to you. Glad I don't live in your world.

Denny said:
Dolphins are not a playoff team. Remember that the next time you defend Wanny and his moves.

:shakeno: its this kind of negativity that is just unbelievable to me.

1. Wanny is the miami dolphins head coach and will be throughout the 2004 season, theres nothing we can do to change that. I would have rather had him hit the curb but the decision has been made so im not going to ***** about how much wanny might or might not have sucked. Again, the players are the ones making the plays not wanny.............im not giving him excuses thats just the facts. I think wanny is made the scape goat far to often, imo. I blame mare a hell of alot more than wanny, along with fiedler.........thats not to say that wanny is blameless, i didn't particularly like alot of his coaching moves last season...........but to crucify him for this teams lake of playoff representation the last few years is just wrong.

2. With that said I will fully support him this season although im sure he will do some things that I disagree with..........but I think for the most part he is going to change his way of thinking, he has to.......mainly being to conservitive when having a lead. Im not going to sit here and bash him like alot of people do because he could very well lead us deep into the playoffs, and I will be able to say I never gave up hope and never stopped supporting him because he is the head coach of THE MIAMI DOLPHINS............but then again if he doesn't change his philosophy I will be the first to curse him up and down because that would be inexcusible.

1972 said:

All the crap you mentioned is dwelling on the past. If that is what you are into, more power to you. Glad I don't live in your world.
\

Well put ;)

1972 said:

great post. 4 stars.

I don't think anyone is attacking you with fury.
They are simply offering their opinion (which may differ from yours) on the subject. It may be positive or it may be negative. You may not agree with what an individual has to offer, however in that case you do have the choice to either ignore the post or reply to it in kind.

Everyone isn't the same. Until you realize that, you will always feel as if you are being attacked.

Let's all smile and sing What a wonderful world!

Denny said:
...Why the optimism?

Courage = optimism
Fear of failure = pessimism

It's rather simplistic for me. My attitude should reflect the attitude that I want the Dolphin players to have. I don't want them to get on the field not believing that they can beat ANY team they face. I want them to be confident with the expectancy of having success. If you expect to fail...you will. It would be hypocrisy for me to expect the players on the team to have a winning attitude if I have a losing mentality.

This team in it's current form has never played a down of football. The team is as good as it's record says it is. Last years record is done. Pessimism ALWAYS looks backward and dwells on failure. The failure rolodex is daily reading for the pessimist.

Optimism is the hopeful expectation that success is at hand for the taking. The main focus at hand must be to return that trophy back to Miami. If we focus on the waves of the storm...we will sink. Keep your eye on the prize. If we come up short...it must not be because of lack of heart.

Should I expect to fail because of what happened last year, the year before, or 10 years ago? NEVER! Is success a guarantee? NEVER! One game at a time...we play to win...and anything can happen.

A pessimist is one who makes difficulties of his opportunities; an optimist is one who makes opportunities of his difficulties.
Reginald B. Mansell

How is your post optimistic?

Oh so now we must "validate" our position to you? The problem you obviously dont see is that it is a two way street, if someone posts praise because they like the moves, they are called unintelligent homers. I dont answer to you nor anyone else, I am free to believe what I want as are you. You want to be negative and believe the worst, fine. Your negativity sure has born fruit lately. We are optimistic because we choose to be, just as you choose to be pessimistic. Fact is any way you slice it, whether you like or dislike the moves, it is opinion based on individual beliefs not FACTS.

Now why am I optomistic? Because we didn't sit still and aggressively attempted to fill needs. We put Rick on the hook for personell and Dave for coaching, no more muddled lines and who is responsible for what, accountability has finally been established. Secondly, we focused predominately on teh offense for the first time since Shula left. Lastly, because we did be active in the areas majority said our weaknesses were, I have optimism. It isnt blind optimism.

Many say we addressed the area of concern but with the wrong people as if they are somehow smarter than our front office. If you want to beleive you are a genius that is fine just dont expect everyone to agree. I do not believe I am an expert and know that i could not do as good as Rick, so until his moves fail, He gets the nod. You dont have to agree, you can be pessimistic if you choose, but I will be optimistic. Remember, those that cry their opinions are not being respected, generally are wrong, just debated, some are not respected because they give no respect.

How the freak do you guys put pics in your Sigs????????????????????

finregime said:
How the freak do you guys put pics in your Sigs????????????????????

First, you must be optimistic that you can do it.
Then, you must click the insert image icon and paste the URL of the graphic that you want to show in your post.

clear.gif

Back
Top Bottom