What validates board optimism!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What validates board optimism!!!

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
How big can they pictures be?
The optimist in me thinks that the pictures can be big as you want them to be...

clear.gif

rickeyrunsover said:
Oh so now we must "validate" our position to you? The problem you obviously dont see is that it is a two way street, if someone posts praise because they like the moves, they are called unintelligent homers. I dont answer to you nor anyone else, I am free to believe what I want as are you. You want to be negative and believe the worst, fine. Your negativity sure has born fruit lately. We are optimistic because we choose to be, just as you choose to be pessimistic. Fact is any way you slice it, whether you like or dislike the moves, it is opinion based on individual beliefs not FACTS.

Now why am I optomistic? Because we didn't sit still and aggressively attempted to fill needs. We put Rick on the hook for personell and Dave for coaching, no more muddled lines and who is responsible for what, accountability has finally been established. Secondly, we focused predominately on teh offense for the first time since Shula left. Lastly, because we did be active in the areas majority said our weaknesses were, I have optimism. It isnt blind optimism.

Many say we addressed the area of concern but with the wrong people as if they are somehow smarter than our front office. If you want to beleive you are a genius that is fine just dont expect everyone to agree. I do not believe I am an expert and know that i could not do as good as Rick, so until his moves fail, He gets the nod. You dont have to agree, you can be pessimistic if you choose, but I will be optimistic. Remember, those that cry their opinions are not being respected, generally are wrong, just debated, some are not respected because they give no respect.

I think there is an in between on what this post is about, I don't think he means anybody who praises the Fins offseason moves individually, it's the fans that no matter what the Fins do think the move is great.

You can find posts of fans praising a player when he is on or might be coming to the Fins, and when he's gone or chooses another team then he becomes overated and sucks. That to me is homerisim. Not the optimisim that AJ will be good, that Boston will come around, that can be viewed in either way and at this point neither side is wrong because it still reamins to be seen.

I can see ths posts now if Boston had went to the Bills. He sucks, he's a headcase, good luck with the loser, glad we didn't sign that steroid junkie.

I think thats what message boards are for go discuss different points of view and opinions, problem is we have both sides Homers and strict pessimists, I do believe a majority of us are in between.

I haven't been overly excited about the Fins performance the last few years, and right now I am taking a back seat approach to this season until I see for myself what AJ brings to the team. I can't be this fan that thinks Hey AJ is the man he is going to turn this team around and lead them to the SB. I did think that when they got Ricky and we see where that got the team. With AJ there just really isn't enough history to have a true outlook. Hopefully he comes in and lights it up but again I will wait before I make final judgement.

PhinstiGator said:
Courage = optimism
Fear of failure = pessimism

It's rather simplistic for me. My attitude should reflect the attitude that I want the Dolphin players to have. I don't want them to get on the field not believing that they can beat ANY team they face. I want them to be confident with the expectancy of having success. If you expect to fail...you will. It would be hypocrisy for me to expect the players on the team to have a winning attitude if I have a losing mentality.

This team in it's current form has never played a down of football. The team is as good as it's record says it is. Last years record is done. Pessimism ALWAYS looks backward and dwells on failure. The failure rolodex is daily reading for the pessimist.

Optimism is the hopeful expectation that success is at hand for the taking. The main focus at hand must be to return that trophy back to Miami. If we focus on the waves of the storm...we will sink. Keep your eye on the prize. If we come up short...it must not be because of lack of heart.

Should I expect to fail because of what happened last year, the year before, or 10 years ago? NEVER! Is success a guarantee? NEVER! One game at a time...we play to win...and anything can happen.

OUTSTANDING POST!

DOLFAN, your posts are like a breath of fresh air in these times of rotten stench and finger pointing.

Denny said:
Was it the failure to win two close games against New England in 2003?

You think two close losses to the SUPER BOWL WINNER are bad things? Would you prefer blowout losses? :rolleyes:

Was it the complete meltdown against Minnesotta when Wanny went ultra conservative?

Did Wanny loan Cris Carter a set of hands? We met the enemy that game, and he was used to wearing purple.

Was it the decision to choose the dirt infield to kick a fieldgoal in overtime because of the so-called wind in the New England game in 2003?

Excuse him for not wanting to be Marty Mohrinwig, the last coach to lose his job in part due to second guessing over an OT call. Don't blame Mare for his failure to be comfortable kicking off the dirt he knew was out there.

Is it Wanny's complete and dire love for Jay?

You mean the love that:

1) Brought in Ray Lucas to take away goal line situations from Jay
2) Brought in Brian Griese
3) Agreed to run an open competition for starter this year after RS brought in Feeley?

:rolleyes:

Is it the fact that this team has failed to make the playoffs the last two years with so-called more talent?

Those are the breaks. It's too bad that some fans are so spoiled that they can't accept that these things happen even to the best teams. The 2002 Patriots were sitting at home, weren't they?

Why the optimism?

Have you ever considered that it's because we're due?

Dolphins are not a playoff team. Remember that the next time you defend Wanny and his moves.

The Dolphins also have a record of 41-23 under DW. It's hard to argue with success like that. I was as frustrated as anybody when I heard he got year 5, but it's hard to argue with the logic apparently behind it when you really stop and think about it.

Denny said:
I have noticed recently that there are policeman on this board that will attack with fury anyone who has a negative outlook about the Dolphins, Wanny, Fiedler and so on. You could almost predict the handles that will be burning up there keyboards to defend Wanny or the most recent Dolphin move. For those people, I ask you this one question. What has Wanny and the Dolphins done since taking over for JJ to validate optimism and protection?

Was it the complete meltdown in 2002 against New England?

Was it the failure to win two close games against New England in 2003?

Was it the complete meltdown against Minnesotta when Wanny went ultra conservative?

Was it the decision to choose the dirt infield to kick a fieldgoal in overtime because of the so-called wind in the New England game in 2003?

Is it the complete ultra conservative philosophy of Wanny to keep the game close, play not to lose, hope for the best in the 4th quarter attitude?

Is it Wanny's complete and dire love for Jay?

Is it the way the Dolphins looked like a circus for Marino, failure to pre-check Mcintosh, GM hiring, Offensive Coordinator fiasco.

Is it the fact that this team has failed to make the playoffs the last two years with so-called more talent?

Why the optimism?

Disclaimer: please refrain from answering this thread with your not a true fan, it is better to be optimisitic, I never feel let down until I read your post, your always negative, isnt it better to be optimistic, the truth sucks so I write threads in a fantasy world.

Dolphins are not a playoff team. Remember that the next time you defend Wanny and his moves.

An excellent post. Look fellas, just because he has a more realistic outlook doesn't mean he wants the Dolphins to fail. He's as much a fan as any of you, but he's sick of seeing his team underachieve. Yes, I am a Bills fan so I know no matter what I say, there will be some morons coming back with retaliatory Bills smack, although that is not my intention here. "The Dolphins are NOT a playoff team"...how can anyone call that a negative statement? Did the Fins make the playoffs?...NO. You guys added a potentially top 3 RB in the NFL and havent made the playoffs with him yet. You've had a top defense for awhile and not made the playoffs yet. He has a right to vent, because he IS right. Now let's hear the obligatory Bills' cutdowns since a Bills fan said this :shakeno:

First, you must be optimistic that you can do it.
Then, you must click the insert image icon and paste the URL of the graphic that you want to show in your post.

When I do that I just get the link to appear.What's IMG all about?

Im freakin' stupid!!

CirclingWagons said:
An excellent post. Look fellas, just because he has a more realistic outlook doesn't mean he wants the Dolphins to fail. He's as much a fan as any of you, but he's sick of seeing his team underachieve. Yes, I am a Bills fan so I know no matter what I say, there will be some morons coming back with retaliatory Bills smack, although that is not my intention here. "The Dolphins are NOT a playoff team"...how can anyone call that a negative statement? Did the Fins make the playoffs?...NO. You guys added a potentially top 3 RB in the NFL and havent made the playoffs with him yet. You've had a top defense for awhile and not made the playoffs yet. He has a right to vent, because he IS right. Now let's hear the obligatory Bills' cutdowns since a Bills fan said this :shakeno:

The post isn't excellent, it is an insult to people who want to be optimistic. Everyone knows there are bad things with the team. Everyone knows Miami didn't make the playoffs last year. Everyone knows that Miami has questions on the line, a defense that is getting older and questions on quarterback.

Just because people like to be optimistic, doesn't make Denny better then them because he sees "the truth".

In my short time..

I must say in my short time posting on here I have noticed that some of you do not understand the game of football. You over analyze and make judgements of the team without understanding what it takes to win in this game. All the teams that have been successful have had something more than just good players. It takes chemistry timing and sometimes the luck of the bounce. I am a die hard dolfan and I am disappointed with the Wannstadt era, but a change has been made (Spielman) and if Wanny was gone I personally think we would be rebuilding and that would lessen our chances of winning or getting to the playoffs. Tampa 2 years ago was a fluke by NFL history. Most teams that change coaches make drastic changes to personnel and it takes 3 to 5 years for a system to build and be successful so call me optimistic or call me a homer. Either way I LOVE MY FINS!!!!!

CirclingWagons said:

Well, you would be an expert since you're a Bills fan... :tongue:

Seriously, what I think is so frustrating about this is that we all know where some of this is coming from. At the same time, saying we aren't a playoff team so there is no hope (which is what a lot of people seem to be saying if not Denny himself here) isn't really fair either. This team lost out of the playoffs on tiebreakers two straight years. That's brutal stuff. Last year was even worse because we kept it as close as anybody did against the eventual champions despite any problems the team had.

I don't want to shut down the skepticism, but I think a ton of us here are sick of hearing why there is no reason to be hopeful. Tell that to Cowboys fans who didn't expect to make the playoffs last year. The NFL is crazy -- every team (even the Bills :tongue: ) have a shot, and there is little reason for fans of any team (even the Cards and Lions this year) to give up at this point.

CirclingWagons said:

Excellent post?? :rolleyes:
Just because he is sick of seeing his team underachieve, everyone is suppose to post negativity toward their team? So that makes his post excellent?

Strictly speaking regarding the Dolphins, we are still competitive year in and year out. They are worth watching and worth having some faith in. They are worthy of being hopeful that they DO make the playoffs.
You don't know if Miami is a playoff team this year or not...so in that aspect he is not right.

Everyone has a right to vent, but come on let the season start and vent because we lost a game or something. Not now because we may (god forbid) lose some games.

If you really feel this team is in that bad of shape (now before we have even put on pads) then why do you cheer for them? I am not trying to cut you down and say you are not a fan, yada yada yada. Just curious why you would go into something expecting the bad to happen? At least go into it HOPING we win... and take it that way!?

CirclingWagons said:
ok, how many times will you get burned before you see the light?

Let's get personal in a way the board doesn't mind:

How do you feel about the chances of your Bills? Is the glass you drink out of as empty as it seems the glasses of many Dolphins fans are?

I submit that the definition of being a fan (which is short for fanatic, after all) requires that you never see the light. You have to pull for the team no matter what.

Back
Top Bottom