What will take to get Wake into the HoF? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What will take to get Wake into the HoF?

So what will it take?

• 100+ total sacks

Votes: 16 45.7%
  • 110+ total sacks

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Super bowl appearance

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • His time put in during NFL/CFL is enough

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters
He'll probably eventually get in, but he's going to be an old-ass man on that stage.

And there was a point in both Ray and Zach's careers the case could have been made that Zach was better. It certainly didn't end that way with Lewis clearly out-pacing Thomas but there was a time it was a coin flip.

Damn right!! I've always thought the same.

I was going to say that but didn't want to deal with anyone saying I'm comparing Zach to the God of Lbing in Ray Lewis lol

It's a shame Zach didn't have the Ravens to win him a SB.

Zach is one of the most underrated Lbers or players EVER.

You'd think 7 all pros (five 1st teams) would give you some respect.

PHINS UP!!!!

No you don't get slack for it. The Hall of Fame is the Hall of Fame, no asterisk because Cam wasn't good enough coming out of college to play in the NFL and it took him longer to get to the NFL which in turn means he has lesser stats. It's not necessarily a fault, it's just reality. You either have the numbers or don't to get into the hall of fame, Cam doesn't and probably due to his age never will.

Then should his CFL stats count?

In that case he has well over 100 sacks.

As people said above, it is the Pro Football HOF.

I still think if he reaches 100+ sacks he should be considered.

It's tough to say that when Zach Thomas isn't even in lol Laughable

Then should his CFL stats count?

In that case he has well over 100 sacks.

As people said above, it is the Pro Football HOF.

I still think if he reaches 100+ sacks he should be considered.

It's tough to say that when Zach Thomas isn't even in lol Laughable
Why isn't Doug Flutie in the Hall of Fame?

Why isn't Doug Flutie in the Hall of Fame?

Based off being a Professional football player he probably should be.

Maybe voters take into account his NFL career wasn't even close to what he did in Canada.

Wake has performed at a high level in both leagues and still is at age 35. (See no slowing down either)

Flutie has a NFL career 76 Qb rating. Wake averages 10 sacks a season.

Wake was leading the league with 7 sacks in week 7 two years ago when he went down just to come back and have more sacks than the DPOY.

Wake has as many All-pro seasons as JT. (4) And one less pro bowl (5)

I fear he will need 130 (NFL) sacks and I don't think he gets them. He would need to lead the league in sacks at least once to get the name recognition he deserves.

Based off being a Professional football player he probably should be.

Maybe voters take into account his NFL career wasn't even close to what he did in Canada.

Wake has performed at a high level in both leagues and still is at age 35. (See no slowing down either)

Flutie has a NFL career 76 Qb rating. Wake averages 10 sacks a season.

Wake was leading the league with 7 sacks in week 7 two years ago when he went down just to come back and have more sacks than the DPOY.

Wake has as many All-pro seasons as JT. (4) And one less pro bowl (5)
At one time Flutie was considered the greatest CFL player of all-time, that should weigh heavily in a "pro football" hall of fame. I don't believe Canton gives much weight if any to time spent in the CFL. I think Warren Moon, who is the only player in Canton and the CFL Hall of fame, is an outlier and any accomplishments that compare him and Wake are useless.

At one time Flutie was considered the greatest CFL player of all-time, that should weigh heavily in a "pro football" hall of fame. I don't believe Canton gives much weight if any to time spent in the CFL. I think Warren Moon, who is the only player in Canton and the CFL Hall of fame, is an outlier and any accomplishments that compare him and Wake are useless.

I agree with that.

I do believe they look at the drop off Flutie had coming into the "Real" league.

Wake has dominated in the NFL. I think that's the difference.

It's a shame time could be a reason Wake doesn't make the HOF even though he has damn near the same accomplishments as JT who said himself Wake is a better player. ( I don't agree but Wake is a better pass rusher and has one of the best first steps and bend I've ever seen)

JT and Wake share the same amount of ALL Pros (4)

Wake may even get more when it's all said and done. (Very Likely barring an injury)

What's Taylors defining moment? (I love JT, just saying everyone says a HOFer needs a Defining moment)

A DE can only do so much to get a defining moment.

Wake sacking Dalton for a safety in OT is defining to me..I guess lol

Jason is a good looking dude with charisma and that "hollywood" look. (dancing with the stars)

There's no way Jason is better than Strahan and he got in the HOF his 2nd time around.

If Zach doesn't get in, Jason should give his jacket to him.

Zach had a better career just without the glitz and glamour. ( Just my opinion)

I love Jason. I love Zach. I'm just being objective.

Cam Wake has 1 int in his entire career and zero TD's. JT had 9 TD's and 8 ints.

JT has 3 safeties. Wake has 1. If the site I am using is correct, JT has 3 All-Pro's and Wake has 1. JT also has NFL defensive MVP.

These are huge discrepancies.

Last edited:
I agree with that.

I do believe they look at the drop off Flutie had coming into the "Real" league.

Wake has dominated in the NFL. I think that's the difference.

It's a shame time could be a reason Wake doesn't make the HOF even though he has damn near the same accomplishments as JT who said himself Wake is a better player. ( I don't agree but Wake is a better pass rusher and has one of the best first steps and bend I've ever seen)

JT and Wake share the same amount of ALL Pros (4)

Wake is beloved by us Dolphins fans. I just think he has a ways to go before a serious hall consideration. I don't think Wake is a household name among the rest of the NFL and unfortunately, this day and age, that matters. But hey, who knows, they let a lot in the hall now that are undeserving so Wake may have a shot. I still don't feel JT was worthy of a first time ballot selection.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Associated_Press_NFL_Defensive_Player_of_the_Year_Award
I would strongly disagree with that. DPOY is also no small accomplishment. Look at this list of NFL DPOY awards. 99% of them are HOFers or they will be.

JT also hold the NFL record for the FF scoring I mentioned above.

Michael Strahan 24 FF's, 3 TD
JT 46 FF's, 9 TD

Strahan has a DPOY of the year and I don't think it's a small feat.

I'md very proud to say JT got a DPOY award.

Strahan has the more All pro's, Pro Bowls, Dpoy, 2 NFC dpoy, the sack record (single season), more sacks overall, and a Sb ring.

This is hard for me to argue because I'm not a Giants fan.

I'm just being objective. In their careers Michael Strahan was a better run stopper and player overall.

I know JT was great at stripping the ball and even better at returning it.

JT has 3 safeties. Wake has 1. If the site I am using is correct, JT has 3 All-Pro's and Wake has 1. JT also has NFL defensive MVP.

These are huge discrepancies.

How does Wake have 1 when he had one against the Vikings and Bengals to end the game?

Remember he got passed Phil Loadholt? Then Dalton to end the game?

JT has played longer so having one more safety isn't anything special.

Also, Wake has 4 all pros as does Jason.

Career highlights and awards
Michael Strahan
Jason Taylor
Cameron Wake

NFL
CFL

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom