What's going on with Jonathan Martin | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What's going on with Jonathan Martin

just get rid of Ireland already. I've been done with him for about 3 years now.

I'm not lost on Philbin (yet), but this all depends on how the season ends.

never thought i'd be saying this....but i'm grateful to have tyson clabo on the team right now....and that trade just became even more crucial.

You're quick to ascribe a mental disorder to the man in an effort to excuse his behavior. You're claiming chemical imbalances before he's actually been to see a professional. It's such an easy way to evade personal responsibility. I've heard he has behavior issues. I shared that with you all. You want to make a half assed medical diagnosis of it then feel free, but that's an easy out.

As an insulin dependent diabetic I think I have some experience in understanding how chemical imbalances in the body can affect a person's behavior. Put a highly intellectual serious minded person on the job with a bunch of juvenile delinquents who bully through pranks and add to it possible chemical imbalances in the brain and the results are not going to be pretty.

Can I assume that you have the same opinion of Barrett Robbins (I think that was his name) who played center for the Oakland Raiders and whose chemical imbalance based mental illness combined with the pressure of playing in the Super Bowl to push him over the edge as well?

When has he shown pro bowl potential..? He's an undersized 2nd round T, who's only real advantages were a Stanford pedigree and LT footing. He was one of the worst LTs in the league this year and his Stanford pedigree isn't worth a damn since he's revealed serious character concerns. Vontae had elite talent at an incredibly young age which made that trade terrible. Martin hasn't shown anywhere near that level of ability.

yup yur right. but by the way, that same argument was said of Sam Satelle, and Donald Thomas, and Evan Mathis... Larry Izzo, Wes Welker, Ninkovich, Bush, Smith, Dansby, Vontae, etc., etc.. and dozens of others passed over in drafts n FA; undersized, character flawed - cuz MIA's so stocked with All World talent that we didn't need/want 'em.

yeah... it's them, not the team.

Last edited by a moderator:
i would give philbin next year but the gm and the oline coach would be out of here...both of them are responsible for these horrid scheme fits and washed up tackles and ireland needs to be held accountable for terrible 2nd and 3rd round picks and for that wheeler awful contract...

Great idea lets half clean house it worked so good before! You know keeping Ireland and all. Wtf exactly has Failbin done to be above reprocussion?

As an insulin dependent diabetic I think I have some experience in understanding how chemical imbalances in the body can affect a person's behavior. Put a highly intellectual serious minded person on the job with a bunch of juvenile delinquents who bully through pranks and add to it possible chemical imbalances in the brain and the results are not going to be pretty.

Can I assume that you have the same opinion of Barrett Robbins (I think that was his name) who played center for the Oakland Raiders and whose chemical imbalance based mental illness combined with the pressure of playing in the Super Bowl to push him over the edge as well?
Your condition doesn't allow you to give an accurate mental diagnosis of a man you've never met from a few vague news blurbs. You're speculating wildly about every part of the situation.

Your condition doesn't allow you to give an accurate mental diagnosis of a man you've never met from a few vague news blurbs. You're speculating wildly about every part of the situation.

Character issues do not cause mental breakdowns. Intense stress and chemical imbalance based mental diseases do.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was very optimistic to start the season... but sorry fellas time to start looking at draft prospects

I was very optimistic to start the season... but sorry fellas time to start looking at draft prospects

Any ideas for a coach, gm and staff?

Sadly... this puts Tannehill's future in SERIOUS jeopardy if this staff is jettisoned.

The fact that during a 4 game losing skid players think hazing and pranks are ok speaks volumes of the leadership of the organization! From the owner to the team captains. I can't even ever recall reading any team having that type of outlandish behavior during the season and most certainly not a losing team!

Character issues do not cause mental breakdowns. Intense stress and chemical imbalanced based mental diseases do.
Stop speaking matter of fact like on something you obviously know nothing about. Anyone who believes diabetes qualifies them to speak for nervous breakdowns, stress, anxiety, or other underlying causes is obviously ignorant.

Character issues do not cause mental breakdowns. Intense stress and chemical imbalanced based mental diseases do.
Reports make it sound like he behaved as a pissy child throwing a tantrum. There is a line between immature behavior and a mental breakdown. It doesn't surprise me that he's attempting to spin his reaction into a deeper medical issue so as not to be ostracized from the league for being a quitter.

Stop speaking matter of fact like on something you obviously know nothing about. Anyone who believes diabetes qualifies them to speak for nervous breakdowns, stress, anxiety, or other underlying causes is obviously ignorant.

I have an earned Ph.D. in a hard science and have lived through the behavior changes that occur in a low-blood sugar episode. Before you call me ignorant do you mind telling me if you have ever lived through a low blood sugar episode and what is your highest degree of education?

Back
Top Bottom